CORNERBACK RECRUITING

The difference is I'm not saying Rumph shouldn't be fired, which is what you're not comprehending in my statment. You are just saying it's ONLY Rumph, and that no one else is failing and it's acceptable to just suck at CB.

Using your analogy. Imagine a guy sucks at his job, then the boss CHOOSE to keep him 2 more years at said job knowing full well he isn't good, THEN choose to reassign him, and assign someone else (or are you just saying no one else is assigned to CB recruiting?), and then THAT GUY (Banda) fails at the job as well, and you wanna act like the 2nd guy and the boss who assigned the roles aren't ALSO to blame... Now does that make sense to you? I'm not saying Fire Banda, I'm saying he's done jack **** for us at CB, and thats a problem when he's supposed to be our ace recruiter and is a **** DB coach! Again, most schools only have 1 DB coach, so why is it unreasonable to expect Banda, our best recruiter according to you insiders, to be able to recruit some **** CBS?

It all comes down to this: Who the **** is going to be responsible for landing or failing to land us Markevious Brown?
Is Rumph that bad at recruiting that he had to be sidelined?

If Banda succeeded in recruiting his areas of responsibility pulling Avantae last year and Williams and Kinchens this year, while Rumph failed and now IF Banda is trying to salvage what he can of Rumph’s suckage but can’t, yet he took care of his own shît, are you saying Banda should get canned the same as Rumph?

That’s insane.

Advertisement
That being said....based off the roster...i think we need to land our top remaining target on the cb board..AND.....go top JUCO/Grad Transfer.

Thoughts on that? @Liberty City El
We definitely could use a JC or Grad Transfer for next year, actually I think CB needs to be the top priority when we go Portal shopping in January.

We need to land Markevious Brown & get a Corner out the Portal.

If Banda succeeded in recruiting his areas of responsibility pulling Avantae last year and Williams and Kinchens this year, while Rumph failed and now IF Banda is trying to salvage what he can of Rumph’s suckage but can’t, yet he took care of his own shît, are you saying Banda should get canned the same as Rumph?

That’s insane.
Thats what our insiders are saying, that Rumph has no control over who we target, offer, and isn't allowed to recruit. I'm not making that up, that's what our insiders posting here are saying. So I don't see how you believe them about Banda being a God recruiter but don't also believe that Rumph straight up hasn't been involved in CB recruiting this year.

Secondly why is Bandas area of responsiblity JUST Safety, that is the part that makes no ******* sense. It just doesn't add up. Ask the insiders on this board how long Rumph hasn't been able to choose which CBs we target? How long has Banda been in charge and looked at as "the guy" when it comes to defensive recruiting? Yet he can't receive any criticism for our failure at CB recruiting? How long has Diaz known Rumph isn't a good recruiter? Shouldn't it be Bandas job to recruit DB as a whole? Yall wanna just blame it on one person because then it makes fixing it easier. But the fact is the problem isn't one person. It starts with Diaz not making good decisions or having a plan of attack for CB, and essentialy treating his buddies on the defensive staff (Baker, Patke, & Banda) like Al Golden used to with his guys...

This kid is from Georgia & trending UGA, do we even have a shot?

EDIT-LMAO thought I was in the Nyland thread

Thats what our insiders are saying, that Rumph has no control over who we target, offer, and isn't allowed to recruit. I'm not making that up, that's what our insiders posting here are saying. So I don't see how you believe them about Banda being a God recruiter but don't also believe that Rumph straight up hasn't been involved in CB recruiting this year.

Secondly why is Bandas area of responsiblity JUST Safety, that is the part that makes no ******* sense. It just doesn't add up. Ask the insiders on this board how long Rumph hasn't been able to choose which CBs we target? How long has Banda been in charge and looked at as "the guy" when it comes to defensive recruiting? Yet he can't receive any criticism for our failure at CB recruiting? How long has Diaz known Rumph isn't a good recruiter? Shouldn't it be Bandas job to recruit DB as a whole? Yall wanna just blame it on one person because then it makes fixing it easier. But the fact is the problem isn't one person. It starts with Diaz not making good decisions or having a plan of attack for CB, and essentialy treating his buddies on the defensive staff (Baker, Patke, & Banda) like Al Golden used to with his guys...
I never said Banda is some recruiting God. Now you’re making **** up. I said Banda did his job as a recruiter and Rumph failed year after year and you want to blame Banda for not saving Rumph’s recruiting fails, which is nuts.

No argument on it being manny’s fault for keeping Patke, Baker and Rumph but if you don’t like the two coaches in the Defensive Backfield then blame Manny for that too. He set that up. It’s 1 coach’s job to recruit the entire DB group when there’s only 1 DB coach on staff, like at LSU - we have 2 and the Safeties coach pulls in safeties and the CB’s coach pulls his own chain when he recruits. How the **** is Rumph’s fail on Banda?

And when Manny set it up with 2 coaches, they each were given responsibilities in recruiting and over time Rumph has failed on that end and now they don’t involve him apparently - because it’s not working.

The insiders are saying that as well as that he doesn’t get to pick who he wants, like you said. Did it start that way or just get to that point over time? When did the insiders start saying this? Within the last year on this board. They didn’t say that 4 years ago or 3 years ago. Before it was just the bags as the reason and that’s a legit excuse for some of the kids who went elsewhere. But the dude kept whiffing to the point that we’re at now.

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. You’re literally complaining about the guy who just got Avantae, Kinchens and Williams. Do you realize how ludicrous that is?

Advertisement
Who, exactly, has said "Rumph isn't allowed to recruit"?

No control over who we target or offer? Yup, I've read/heard that. But that's no different than dozens upon dozens of other position coaches who have to ultimately recruit the guys their HC or OC/DC decides is higher on the board.

And regardless, he has some degree of control, because he is an adult in the meetings with the HC and DC ultimately making the decisions. I mean, is Rumph just some potted plant in those meetings? Do they send him to the corner with a dunce hat? Put him on timeout? Or does he have the opportunity to advocate for the guys he wants but fails at convincing his bosses to do so BECAUSE HE IS A POOR SALESMAN in that room, too?

Who, exactly, has said "Rumph isn't allowed to recruit"?

No control over who we target or offer? Yup, I've read/heard that. But that's no different than dozens upon dozens of other position coaches who have to ultimately recruit the guys their HC or OC/DC decides is higher on the board.

And regardless, he has some degree of control, because he is an adult in the meetings with the HC and DC ultimately making the decisions. I mean, is Rumph just some potted plant in those meetings? Do they send him to the corner with a dunce hat? Put him on timeout? Or does he have the opportunity to advocate for the guys he wants but fails at convincing his bosses to do so BECAUSE HE IS A POOR SALESMAN in that room, too?
No control over who we target has definitely been said, as you mentioned. Assante comes to mind.

Maybe someone with recruiting juice said that Rumph wasn’t even involved with Marshall???

No control over who we target has definitely been said, as you mentioned. Assante comes to mind.

Maybe someone with recruiting juice said that Rumph wasn’t even involved with Marshall???

I think Jaden Davis was another one. But again, if Rumph likes him so bad, go convince Diaz/Baker/Banda. Bang the table for these guys. Be emphatic. Explain what you see, how you would develop the talent, and where you project the recruit.

Unfortunately, I suspect the traits he's lacking that would make him a better recruiter are the same traits that would make him more persuasive to his fellow coaches.

I never said Banda is some recruiting God. Now you’re making **** up. I said Banda did his job as a recruiter and Rumph failed year after year and you want to blame Banda for not saving Rumph’s recruiting fails, which is nuts.

No argument on it being manny’s fault for keeping Patke, Baker and Rumph but if you don’t like the two coaches in the Defensive Backfield then blame Manny for that too. He set that up. It’s 1 coach’s job to recruit the entire DB group when there’s only 1 DB coach on staff, like at LSU - we have 2 and the Safeties coach pulls in safeties and the CB’s coach pulls his own chain when he recruits. How the **** is Rumph’s fail on Banda?

And when Manny set it up with 2 coaches, they each were given responsibilities in recruiting and over time Rumph has failed on that end and now they don’t involve him apparently - because it’s not working.

The insiders are saying that as well as that he doesn’t get to pick who he wants, like you said. Did it start that way or just get to that point over time? When did the insiders start saying this? Within the last year on this board. They didn’t say that 4 years ago or 3 years ago. Before it was just the bags as the reason and that’s a legit excuse for some of the kids who went elsewhere. But the dude kept whiffing to the point that we’re at now.

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. You’re literally complaining about the guy who just got Avantae, Kinchens and Williams. Do you realize how ludicrous that is?
So it's your opinion that Diaz kept Rumph these years knowing full well that he isn't good at recruiting, told him he's not allowed to pick who to recruit and offer, yet NOBODY was placed in charge of CB recruiting over Rumph before RIGHT NOW? I don't even get how that make sense without saying that Manny Diaz is a complete idiot. Now I'm not the biggest Diaz as HC fan, but I don't think he's that stupid.

Bandas job is very clearly to recruit more than Safety. I don't know why you guys can't admit that. Who was put on Jason Marshall? Banda. Who is on Markevious Brown? I will bet all my money it is Banda. So what happens when we don't land those guys? Rumph gets blamed. **** Banda, not Rumph, was the lead guy on both Tyson Campbell and Patrick Surtain (According to at least Tee, definitely others). Yet when we missed on both of them, who was blamed? ALL Rumph. And when Rumph wanted to get Asante Samuel who vetoed him? Gotta be Diaz or Banda, right? And that was 2 recruiting classes ago that Rumph wasn't able to do **** and all our top CB targets were recruited by Banda. Is it reasonable to think anything was different last year or this year? No. That 3 recruiting classes that Rumph will have essentially been sidelined, and Banda will have been the DB (both S and CB) recruiter. What do we have to show for it? And what does Banda get - Absolutely no criticism because he landed Avantae last minute and now James Williams.

So I'm not complaining that Rumph is being blamed for a lot of the failures or saying he shouldn't be fired. I'm saying yall are crazy if you think he's the only problem defensively or with CB recruiting and the overall management of that position. Diaz is the #1 person at fault imo. But Banda isn't all that far behind Rumph in my opinion. As far as I can tell, Rumph has had almost no control for MINIMUM of 2.5 years now. So why are the people in control not receiving any blame? Now maybe you personally are saying Diaz has ****ed up, but that is NOT what the Super majority of people are saying here. Most people here just think we're going to hire a CB coach and it's gunna be sunshine and rainbows, never mind the fact Diaz is basically not holding any of his friends accountable - Banda for missing on ALL the top Cb targets we've had the past 3 years (if we don't get Brown), Baker for just being a subpar coordinator and basically not doing **** to improve LB play, and Patke for being useless. If Baker does poorly again this year, and I'd argue he's already started poorly, is there any chance of him being fired? No, only Rumph? Weird. Is there ANY chance Patke is let go and we add a coach who can actually bring value to this team? No. So yeah I'm kinda annoyed.

Advertisement
So it's your opinion that Diaz kept Rumph these years knowing full well that he isn't good at recruiting, told him he's not allowed to pick who to recruit and offer, yet NOBODY was placed in charge of CB recruiting over Rumph before RIGHT NOW? I don't even get how that make sense without saying that Manny Diaz is a complete idiot. Now I'm not the biggest Diaz as HC fan, but I don't think he's that stupid.

Bandas job is very clearly to recruit more than Safety. I don't know why you guys can't admit that. Who was put on Jason Marshall? Banda. Who is on Markevious Brown? I will bet all my money it is Banda. So what happens when we don't land those guys? Rumph gets blamed. **** Banda, not Rumph, was the lead guy on both Tyson Campbell and Patrick Surtain (According to at least Tee, definitely others). Yet when we missed on both of them, who was blamed? ALL Rumph. And when Rumph wanted to get Asante Samuel who vetoed him? Gotta be Diaz or Banda, right? And that was 2 recruiting classes ago that Rumph wasn't able to do **** and all our top CB targets were recruited by Banda. Is it reasonable to think anything was different last year or this year? No. That 3 recruiting classes that Rumph will have essentially been sidelined, and Banda will have been the DB (both S and CB) recruiter. What do we have to show for it? And what does Banda get - Absolutely no criticism because he landed Avantae last minute and now James Williams.

So I'm not complaining that Rumph is being blamed for a lot of the failures or saying he shouldn't be fired. I'm saying yall are crazy if you think he's the only problem defensively or with CB recruiting and the overall management of that position. Diaz is the #1 person at fault imo. But Banda isn't all that far behind Rumph in my opinion. As far as I can tell, Rumph has had almost no control for MINIMUM of 2.5 years now. So why are the people in control not receiving any blame? Now maybe you personally are saying Diaz has ****ed up, but that is NOT what the Super majority of people are saying here. Most people here just think we're going to hire a CB coach and it's gunna be sunshine and rainbows, never mind the fact Diaz is basically not holding any of his friends accountable - Banda for missing on ALL the top Cb targets we've had the past 3 years (if we don't get Brown), Baker for just being a subpar coordinator and basically not doing **** to improve LB play, and Patke for being useless. If Baker does poorly again this year, and I'd argue he's already started poorly, is there any chance of him being fired? No, only Rumph? Weird. Is there ANY chance Patke is let go and we add a coach who can actually bring value to this team? No. So yeah I'm kinda annoyed.
Corey Raymond no less.

Ah the ole ambiguous "I can clearly read the tea leaves but yall caint! And I absolutely won't tell you what I think those leaves mean so i can be right either way"

Classic.
Thats fine I'm not trying to prove anyone right or wrong....I know Ed Reed ain't on the sideline for nothing when he clearly wants to coach...so you can save what you want to say and wait to say you were right more power to you homie

Most people here just think we're going to hire a CB coach and it's gunna be sunshine and rainbows, never mind the fact Diaz is basically not holding any of his friends accountable - Banda for missing on ALL the top Cb targets we've had the past 3 years (if we don't get Brown), Baker for just being a subpar coordinator and basically not doing **** to improve LB play, and Patke for being useless. If Baker does poorly again this year, and I'd argue he's already started poorly, is there any chance of him being fired? No, only Rumph? Weird. Is there ANY chance Patke is let go and we add a coach who can actually bring value to this team? No. So yeah I'm kinda annoyed.
If we lose Markavious Brown, you’ll blame Banda for that, as shown above in red, but 247 has his 2 recruiters as follows:

651BA534-354D-478B-9347-60CBB3AF346C.jpeg

We’re not going to agree on Banda but the remaining part I quoted that’s not in red, I agree with, and have called for all of them to be gone many times on the board.

Thats fine I'm not trying to prove anyone right or wrong....I know Ed Reed ain't on the sideline for nothing when he clearly wants to coach...so you can save what you want to say and wait to say you were right more power to you homie
Ok so your saying that Ed is going to be taking over rumphs job at the end of the year now? How about you just come out and say what you mean instead of all this cryptic BS!

Advertisement
The difference is I'm not saying Rumph shouldn't be fired, which is what you're not comprehending in my statment. You are just saying it's ONLY Rumph, and that no one else is failing and it's acceptable to just suck at CB.

Using your analogy. Imagine a guy sucks at his job, then the boss CHOOSE to keep him 2 more years at said job knowing full well he isn't good, THEN choose to reassign him, and assign someone else (or are you just saying no one else is assigned to CB recruiting?), and then THAT GUY (Banda) fails at the job as well, and you wanna act like the 2nd guy and the boss who assigned the roles aren't ALSO to blame... Now does that make sense to you? I'm not saying Fire Banda, I'm saying he's done jack **** for us at CB, and thats a problem when he's supposed to be our ace recruiter and is a **** DB coach! Again, most schools only have 1 DB coach, so why is it unreasonable to expect Banda, our best recruiter according to you insiders, to be able to recruit some **** CBS?

It all comes down to this: Who the **** is going to be responsible for landing or failing to land us Markevious Brown?

Banda is recruiting Safeties at an extreme high level. To the point that just in this class ALONE he has done more than what Rumph has done since he has been here. STOP BRINGING HIM UP.
Mike Rumph is the cb coach, if his position group is talentless or depth is messed up...its on him and Manny. We dont land Brown...thats on Rumph. I dont know whats so hard for you to comprehend...other than your HOPING someone else is to blame, at some point your going to have to pull your own weight. You ninjas act as if he is working for free and doing us a favor. He gets paid well.

That’s insane.
Thats the mental gymnastics im speaking of...and thats exactly what he is saying. Me and him have had this back n forth going on 2 years plus...(showing how long dude been sucking at recruiting) and he always deflected to Banda. Well Banda is on a recruiting roll and he cant do that so now its....well he aint help Rumph enough. SMH.

If we keep winning and I expect we will, with the exception of maybe Clemson, no one is getting fired.

Advertisement
If we keep winning and I expect we will, with the exception of maybe Clemson, no one is getting fired.

Could be true.But we still can discuss some weaknesses in recruiting at a position on the recruiting board.

CB recruiting needs to be fixed asap. Whether its by Manny, The dfirector of recruiting, DVD, or Rumph.

We at some point need to not depend on the transfer portal or hanging on by a thin thread. And before the portal diving is mentioned...we portal dove at DE...TO Stack Chips...Roche saw what we have been doing at the position and wanted to jump in. Our portal dives at cb have been the late night types on 79th street and Biscayne.

Miami shouldn't have to have a training program for our coaches, they should come fully capable of doing their job. Look at what Lashlee, Justice, Simmons, Stroud have been able to do. They're already master craftsmen, not journeymen.

Banda in 2016 was a journeyman. I didn't want him back then not because he couldn't become a great coach and recruiter, but because he wasn't Miami-ready. Banda today is a Miami-level safeties coach and shouldn't even be in the discussion any more. He's joined the "proven" column.

Like Banda, Rumph came in without the Div1 coaching experience in 2016. But he was already a Miami legend and had played in the league. Plus he was head coach at AH. So he came into the position with dramatically more experience and preparedness for the role than Banda, yet hasn't shown any of the improvement Banda has. Rumph today is exactly like Rumph 4-5 years ago. No coherent targeting strategy or board to speak of, limited ability to relate to the recruits, consistently losing out on the top local recruits. Time to move on from him.

Banda is recruiting Safeties at an extreme high level. To the point that just in this class ALONE he has done more than what Rumph has done since he has been here. STOP BRINGING HIM UP.
Mike Rumph is the cb coach, if his position group is talentless or depth is messed up...its on him and Manny. We dont land Brown...thats on Rumph. I dont know whats so hard for you to comprehend...other than your HOPING someone else is to blame, at some point your going to have to pull your own weight. You ninjas act as if he is working for free and doing us a favor. He gets paid well.
Does Banda recruit more than Safety or not? Was he the lead for Marshall, Campbell, Surtain, and likely more on our CB board these past few years, yes or no? Banda definitely deserves some props for landing two studs in Avantae and James Williams, but stop pretending like he was pulling his weight at all before he landed Avantae last recruiting cycle, and definitely stop acting like he isn't directly responsible for a lot of the misses at Cb. Yall wanna give too much credit for almost landing guys, and up till Avantae it was his specialty.

Color me surprised that Diaz would leave the guy everyone here says is complete garbage at recruiting and is on the verge of being fired, in charge of the most important recruitment we have...

Does Banda recruit more than Safety or not? Was he the lead for Marshall, Campbell, Surtain, and likely more on our CB board these past few years, yes or no? Banda definitely deserves some props for landing two studs in Avantae and James Williams, but stop pretending like he was pulling his weight at all before he landed Avantae last recruiting cycle, and definitely stop acting like he isn't directly responsible for a lot of the misses at Cb. Yall wanna give too much credit for almost landing guys, and up till Avantae it was his specialty.

Color me surprised that Diaz would leave the guy everyone here says is complete garbage at recruiting and is on the verge of being fired, in charge of the most important recruitment we have...

Banda recruits multiple position..thats based on area.
Dont even bring up Campbell or Surtain...considering both and Campbell especially was coached by rumph since he was 9 years old. (Schwartz at Auburn as well)
Banda i think heads or is the contact on the down south area of Miami Dade...and thats the area Marshall is. Just like Patke i believe is in NY/NJ as well as SW Fla hence him being the IMG guy.

For some reason you think this is just about Marshall. This is about COUNTLESS misses, Bad boards, Bad evals, and no sense of urgency at the position.

Advertisement
Back