CORNERBACK RECRUITING

Burns is going to be fine. He'll be another Young or Bandy.

But you need a guy who can match up against Clemson's #1. We don't have anyone remotely capable of that. Surtain, Campbell, Stevenson, Marshall would have been "that guy". With Williams gone, we're relying on Clarke or Curtis to fill that role. No one should feel confident those two will develop that well.

p.s. I'm not 100% sure M Brown is that guy, even if he does commit, which let's face it, is looking less and less probable. I'm getting more and more convinced we're going to have to go to the portal for the right CB again, and pray we get a Colbert not a Dean.
Clarkle is going to be our dog. All those deep balls that Ivey cant track are balls Clarke is coming down with. Hes going to be that dude for us next year you watch.

Advertisement
So when our new cornerback coach is here after the season is complete what targets can we really sign for 2021 and 2022. We only return 5 with blades, Ivey, couch, dunson, and clarke. We have a guy committed in Curtis who's a project that doesn't play the position, and a developmental guy in burns who won't be ready right away he's two years away from being two years away at best. So our best shot is brown from IMG and hope he pans out and comes here. Maybe throw some NIL bag money at Arnold that top safety and convince him to come play nickle corner here.

But our most realistic option I believe is just load up and oversign with 3 or 4 blue chip guys for the 2022 class. So my question after all of this is who can we sign from the list below.

so we've been struggling for the past few years to get multiple "blue chip" guys and now you think in 2022 we can get 3 or 4 in the same class??

cant continue this next year bullsh*t, gotta get guys now. Burns will end up being a great under the radar get for us but we really need to get 2 more guys in this 21 class. Curtis needs to be on the other side of the ball so again we need 2 more in this class. Get Markevious Brown locked up and then work like **** to flip Omarion Cooper and/or Kevin Knowles. A CB class of Burns and 2 of Brown, Cooper and Knowles is a great class.

I was a Rumph supporter but agree at this point, it’s not working and we need to part ways and go in a different direction!

Same here. He did a really good job developing players early on, but he has shown no improvement as a recruiter. In fact he's proven he's negligent as a recruiter. And it's not like his coaching skills are so superior that it warrants keeping him.

Advertisement
I think what really sucks is looking back is in goldens staff we had Evan Cooper, Miami guy, in a small role here before he went back to Temple with Rhule. He was at Temple and then Baylor with Rhule and ended up being a great recruiter and coach ((see Baylor’s most recent secondary numbers) before just following Rhule to Carolina.

And, at the time, his collegiate coaching experience was no greater than Rumph, but he ended up being an excellent overall coach and we had him here for a bit.

I just want Patke and maybe Baker fired too if Rumph is gone. Sorry but how the **** have our LBs gotten worse every year since Shaq, McCloud, and Pinckney were freshman? That's all on Diaz and he needs to do something to fix it. When we have 3 ******* LB coaches on this team, I don't want to see Ragone enter the ******* game.

Banda needs to step up in recruiting too. Dude has landed 2 guys, both of whom are safeties. If Rumph gets sidelined at CB recruiting, then Banda needs to ******* step up and land some cbs. Idk why y'all think that one coach can't recruit CB and safety, most DB coaches do that. So if Banda is the DB coach that's a recruiter, I really don't get why he gets a pass on us having **** CB depth, then all the blame is on Rumph.

So is it time to move on from Rumph? Sure. It's also time to move on from Patke, and Banda needs to start stepping up more in CB recruiting, regardless who the next hire is. Problem is Diaz is going to do the same thing Al Golden did and not do anything to his friends on the staff, regardless if they're failing or not.

Advertisement
I just want Patke and maybe Baker fired too if Rumph is gone. Sorry but how the **** have our LBs gotten worse every year since Shaq, McCloud, and Pinckney were freshman? That's all on Diaz and he needs to do something to fix it. When we have 3 ******* LB coaches on this team, I don't want to see Ragone enter the ******* game.

Banda needs to step up in recruiting too. Dude has landed 2 guys, both of whom are safeties. If Rumph gets sidelined at CB recruiting, then Banda needs to ******* step up and land some cbs. Idk why y'all think that one coach can't recruit CB and safety, most DB coaches do that. So if Banda is the DB coach that's a recruiter, I really don't get why he gets a pass on us having **** CB depth, then all the blame is on Rumph.

So is it time to move on from Rumph? Sure. It's also time to move on from Patke, and Banda needs to start stepping up more in CB recruiting, regardless who the next hire is. Problem is Diaz is going to do the same thing Al Golden did and not do anything to his friends on the staff, regardless if they're failing or not.

Ninja blaming Banda for Rumph. You wont stop huh i been going at you going 3 years about this. We have no shortages at Safeties on the depth chart....and may have the best safety group in the nation currently committed. There's a reason only u keep mentioning Banda. Dude is likely the best recruiter on staff.
Rumph is a sub par coach and if his position group plays bad this year should be let go and coaching at Calvary Christian High school next yyear

Ninja blaming Banda for Rumph. You wont stop huh i been going at you going 3 years about this. We have no shortages at Safeties on the depth chart....and may have the best safety group in the nation currently committed. There's a reason only u keep mentioning Banda. Dude is likely the best recruiter on staff.
Rumph is a sub par coach and if his position group plays bad this year should be let go and coaching at Calvary Christian High school next yyear
Calvary Christian High School Football Rules?

I'm not blaming Banda for Rumph, I'm blaming Banda for failing at his job. How many teams have multiple DB coaches? Not all that many. Therefore it's clearly realistic to expect a DB coach whose main job here is to recruit to be able to ******* recruit both S and CB, is it not? Like you guys want to put all the blame on Rumph, but in doing so you're ignoring a big problem. Whose decision was it to sideline Rumph when it comes to recruiting? Whose decision is it on who we recruit at CB? Who is responsible for actually recruiting that position and landing commits? You insiders have made it abundantly clear the answer to all those questions is NOT Rumph. So then why the **** is he being blamed for the failure at doing so? If you want to fire him and hire a CB coach who can coach well and recruit well, I am in agreement. But if you're arguing that ONLY he is to blame for CB recruiting you're just plain wrong.

You can deny it all you want but Bandas job is to ******* recruit, so maybe he should focus on the position that we're struggling most with, now shouldn't he? Rumph isn't the one picking who to target and recruiting them. That would be Diaz and Banda. Right? So therefore I will place the blame on them. If Rumph was being put in a position where he was responsible for those decisions and landing those commits, then I'd place all the blame on him, But that was taken away from him and he was kept on staff for two years. So clearly Diaz had a plan to recruit CB, and it's clearly failing. So those people should be held responsible. And that would be Diaz and Banda.

I'm not blaming Banda for Rumph, I'm blaming Banda for failing at his job. How many teams have multiple DB coaches? Not all that many. Therefore it's clearly realistic to expect a DB coach whose main job here is to recruit to be able to ******* recruit both S and CB, is it not? Like you guys want to put all the blame on Rumph, but in doing so you're ignoring a big problem. Whose decision was it to sideline Rumph when it comes to recruiting? Whose decision is it on who we recruit at CB? Who is responsible for actually recruiting that position and landing commits? You insiders have made it abundantly clear the answer to all those questions is NOT Rumph. So then why the **** is he being blamed for the failure at doing so? If you want to fire him and hire a CB coach who can coach well and recruit well, I am in agreement. But if you're arguing that ONLY he is to blame for CB recruiting you're just plain wrong.

You can deny it all you want but Bandas job is to ******* recruit, so maybe he should focus on the position that we're struggling most with, now shouldn't he? Rumph isn't the one picking who to target and recruiting them. That would be Diaz and Banda. Right? So therefore I will place the blame on them. If Rumph was being put in a position where he was responsible for those decisions and landing those commits, then I'd place all the blame on him, But that was taken away from him and he was kept on staff for two years. So clearly Diaz had a plan to recruit CB, and it's clearly failing. So those people should be held responsible. And that would be Diaz and Banda.
He does recruit, and well. So all that stuff you just wrote is pointless. The staff obviously has a plan on want to do when it comes to recruiting, position coaches recruit their positions, not to hard to understand. Stop trying to find some bs excuse to blame Banda for the CB recruiting, you just look like a hater.

Advertisement
Advertisement

So what DOES rumph do? I watched our safeties covering the most dangerous receiver on UL last night....

He does recruit, and well. So all that stuff you just wrote is pointless. The staff obviously has a plan on want to do when it comes to recruiting, position coaches recruit their positions, not to hard to understand. Stop trying to find some bs excuse to blame Banda for the CB recruiting, you just look like a hater.
Banda Recruits and well, just not CB.

Is it true that Rumph is not allowed to choose who we offer and decide to recruit? According to our insiders, yes.
Is it true that Rumph is not allowed to recruit? According to our insiders, yes.
Did Diaz know keep Rumph on staff for 2 offseasons, knowing full well his abilities or lack thereof? Yes.
So either you're telling me, Diaz had absolutely no plan for recruiting CB AND isn't allowing Rumph to do it - In which case he's an idiot and that's a failure on his part, OR you're telling me Diaz isn't allowing Rumph to recruit/offer players and is giving that job to Banda, and They are just failing at successfully recruiting top CBs. Pretty simple.
Yall wanna give Banda credit for almost landing Jason Marshall instead of just realize that he needs to actually get commits and LOI's. If we don't get Markevious Brown, how the **** is that not on Diaz/Banda? yall just don't make sense.

Banda Recruits and well, just not CB.

Is it true that Rumph is not allowed to choose who we offer and decide to recruit? According to our insiders, yes.
Is it true that Rumph is not allowed to recruit? According to our insiders, yes.
Did Diaz know keep Rumph on staff for 2 offseasons, knowing full well his abilities or lack thereof? Yes.
So either you're telling me, Diaz had absolutely no plan for recruiting CB AND isn't allowing Rumph to do it - In which case he's an idiot and that's a failure on his part, OR you're telling me Diaz isn't allowing Rumph to recruit/offer players and is giving that job to Banda, and They are just failing at successfully recruiting top CBs. Pretty simple.
Yall wanna give Banda credit for almost landing Jason Marshall instead of just realize that he needs to actually get commits and LOI's. If we don't get Markevious Brown, how the **** is that not on Diaz/Banda? yall just don't make sense.

YOUR NOT MAKING SENSE.

Dude is making 6 figures and you want another person to do his job, and their own job because he.....SUCKS.

hE'S NOT AT FAULT FOR...ANYTHING.

-If you believe the first 2 questions you asked...read em again and ask yourself why is that true. And the 3rd question was discussed in the off season during the coaching carousels they tried to get a guy but he ultimately went and stayed home.

quite frankly i dont care about jason marshall because i never felt we were a threat to get em. I think your in the group of guys that believe Rumph is some sort of cb whisperer and elite coach...so you think that off sets him being a bad recruiter. Dont know where it got started that he is/was...but we will see this season how that goes

Advertisement
Back