CORNERBACK RECRUITING

I agree I mean even some of the lower rated guys that Louisville has been landing.

They had 4 players in the starting lineup that can break a house call on any touch. I miss when we had those types.

Right now. Only Harris and Knighton are our home run hitters.

TEs obviously excluded from this convo unless you find another Vernon Davis running a 4.3.

But Miami with athletes who can house call on any play is a matchup nightmare.

We haven’t had a Moss, Parrish type here since Travis Benjamin.

At corner,
I'd add Chaney to that list...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yall finish or yall done? I'm starting to think some of yall are attention whores cause yall keep up with the same arguments that we know already. Instead of trying to be the one to say I told you so for attention try to pay attention to the moves that's being made. Some quick to say Manny don't know what he doing keeping this one around and that one around but don't realize Manny got the GOAT in his back pocket. This chess fellas enjoy the season and let it play out, Manny making the right moves for Da U yall not peeping game to busy arguing to set up another argument for attention and say you were right.

Last edited:
Yall finish or yall done? I'm starting to think some of yall are attention whores cause yall keep up with the same arguments that we know already. Instead of trying to be the one to say I told you so for attention try to pay attention to the moves that's being made. Manny don't know what he doing keeping this one around and that one around but don't realize Manny got the GOAT in his back pocket. This chess fellas enjoy the season and let it play out, Manny making the right moves for Da U yall not peeping game to busy arguing to set up another argument for attention and say you were right.
Ok so your saying that Ed will fire rumph? If that’s the case amen because I could give a **** who fires him as long as he’s fired. It’s time to put this failed CB coach experiment out of It’s misery.

If the new CB coach still has to get approval from Banda on who he can offer/recruit then it will be the same.

Manny Diaz has a former Cane, All American, 1st rd pick & state champion HC reporting to a fuggin Bartender.

No, this is my position: Rumph isn't going to do anything for us this year with regards to recruiting, so what the **** is this staff doing to make up for it? It's really that ******* simple. Whose job is it to make up for him not being able to recruit? Because clearly Diaz kept him on staff and must have had a plan, and I'd assume that plan involves the guy who is already coaching DBs and yall are saying is the best recruiter on staff! Like what the **** is the plan for recruiting this year? Just to say **** it and do nothing? Or is the plan to put Banda on Brown and make sure we ******* land him?

Yall wanna sit here blaming Rumph, but the fact is recruiting isn't ******* stopping because he's been sidelined and is bad at it. So what the **** is this staff doing to ensure this year isn't a failure at CB recruiting? Cause just saying Rumph is bad isn't good enough. I want us to fix the **** problem and get some top players. So yall can just sit back and be happy we suck and putting the blame on Rumph, but I think the coaches given the responsibility to recruit the player should take some blame.
Dude... you’re going at the guy who lands good recruits at the position he coaches. The Blame is on Rumph for sucking and on Diaz for keeping him.

And I don’t buy that Manny was told he can’t can Rumph like it was in some bubble. My theory is that he may have been planning it and IF he was told anything he was told that if he fires Rumph, he better send Patke packing too and Manny backed down. If that’s what happen then Rumph is 100% on Manny because Patke doesn’t cut it or belong here either. And if he didn’t want to get rid of Rumph then blame Manny for that too but how does Patke get a pass?

Advertisement
Lol you think we aren't? They're going to Auburn, Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma and ******* Nebraska instead
Nah dude. Not Nebraska. They either paid that Francois dude you know to go to Nebraska or he was just duped by airport groupie plants who acted like he was a big star. And then these kids bailed out of there. That was dumb as ****.

Nah dude. Not Nebraska. They either paid that Francois dude you know to go to Nebraska or he was just duped by airport groupie plants who acted like he was a big star. And then these kids bailed out of there. That was dumb as ****.
I was talking about Fleming & Delancy lol. You yourself can probably outrun Francois right now

I was talking about Fleming & Delancy lol. You yourself can probably outrun Francois right now
BBE0A181-0B9B-48A0-85F9-000C17A9F222.gif

Dude... you’re going at the guy who lands good recruits at the position he coaches. The Blame is on Rumph for sucking and on Diaz for keeping him.

And I don’t buy that Manny was told he can’t can Rumph like it was in some bubble. My theory is that he may have been planning it and IF he was told anything he was told that if he fires Rumph, he better send Patke packing too and Manny backed down. If that’s what happen then Rumph is 100% on Manny because Patke doesn’t cut it or belong here either. And if he didn’t want to get rid of Rumph then blame Manny for that too but how does Patke get a pass?
Here I am thinking theres coaches all across the country coaching both CB and S and recruiting both position, yet our best recruiter can't....My bad.

No need to talk about Patke, I want him gone too lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok so your saying that Ed will fire rumph? If that’s the case amen because I could give a **** who fires him as long as he’s fired. It’s time to put this failed CB coach experiment out of It’s misery.
No I did not say that ... how will Ed Reed fire Rumph?

Here I am thinking theres coaches all across the country coaching both CB and S and recruiting both position, yet our best recruiter can't....My bad.

No need to talk about Patke, I want him gone too lol.
Those schools have 1 coach total for CB’s and Safeties. We have 1 Coach each at those positions.

If the new CB coach still has to get approval from Banda on who he can offer/recruit then it will be the same.

Manny Diaz has a former Cane, All American, 1st rd pick & state champion HC reporting to a fuggin Bartender.
And that’s on Rumph for his incompetence that he now has to report to the “bartender”. If Rumph showed a glimmer competence in recruiting over the last 5 years he wouldn’t have to report to the “bartender”. And moving forward you should probably put a little respect on the “bartenders” name as he has recruiting not only circles around DumPh but around most of the acc! Last time I checked Banda is a top 25 recruiter in the nation and Dumph is somewhere in the 100s! Smh

Advertisement
Yall finish or yall done? I'm starting to think some of yall are attention whores cause yall keep up with the same arguments that we know already. Instead of trying to be the one to say I told you so for attention try to pay attention to the moves that's being made. Some quick to say Manny don't know what he doing keeping this one around and that one around but don't realize Manny got the GOAT in his back pocket. This chess fellas enjoy the season and let it play out, Manny making the right moves for Da U yall not peeping game to busy arguing to set up another argument for attention and say you were right.
Ah the ole ambiguous "I can clearly read the tea leaves but yall caint! And I absolutely won't tell you what I think those leaves mean so i can be right either way"

Classic.

Those schools have 1 coach total for CB’s and Safeties. We have 1 Coach each at those positions.
Yes, And 1 coach isn't allowed to recruit, so should that not mean the other coachs job is then to recruit both positions? My point is incredibly simple. Whos going to be responsible for landing or losing Markevious Brown? Or are yall just going to blame it on Rumph even though he has absolutely no involvement in the recruitment? It's that simple. Who is being put in charge and should receive criticism for the failure that is CB recruiting. Yall can't say Rumph isn't allowed to recruit then place ALL the failures in recruiting on him, it's just dumb. So it's only common sense that Banda would be the guy who is given the job to recruit CB, would it not?

Look if Banda is in charge of Who we recruit, Rumph gets no say and is told NOT to recruit then how the **** are yall saying Banda isn't at fault. I just don't get it. This will be just as much on him and Diaz as it is on Rumph imo. But because Banda landed two players yall just wanna pretend its all sunshine and rainbows with him.

And that’s on Rumph for his incompetence that he now has to report to the “bartender”. If Rumph showed a glimmer competence in recruiting over the last 5 years he wouldn’t have to report to the “bartender”. And moving forward you should probably put a little respect on the “bartenders” name as he has recruiting not only circles around DumPh but around most of the acc! Last time I checked Banda is a top 25 recruiter in the nation and Dumph is somewhere in the 100s! Smh

What's hist list of CB recruits that we signed the last 5 years?

Advertisement
Mental Gymnastics not to admit a coach isnt good at his job. All because he played on the 2001 national championship....i wihs some of yall had the same energy for Randy Shannon as well.

-lol @ you suck at your job..but its your co worker fault because he aint help you enough to do the job you arent competent enough to do.

The only ppl im at fault with are Manny and Rumph. I cant bring Banda into that...Its Manny fault for not getting rid of dude or ensuring his cb cupboard wasnt bare as it is.

Patke is a better recruiter than Rumph as well. I dont reallyc are for the amount of positional coaches we have (2 db coaches, striker coach) But hey thats how Manny must want his defense ran.

maybe just maybe there’s things working that aren’t discussed here

Last edited:
Mental Gymnastics not to admit a coach isnt good at his job. All because he played on the 2001 national championship....i wihs some of yall had the same energy for Randy Shannon as well.

-lol @ you suck at your job..but its your co worker fault because he aint help you enough to do the job you arent competent enough to do.

The only ppl im at fault with are Manny and Rumph. I cant bring Banda into that...Its Manny fault for not getting rid of dude or ensuring his cb cupboard wasnt bare as it is.

Patke is a better recruiter than Rumph as well. I dont reallyc are for the amount of positional coaches we have (2 db coaches, striker coach) But hey thats how Manny must want his defense ran.
The difference is I'm not saying Rumph shouldn't be fired, which is what you're not comprehending in my statment. You are just saying it's ONLY Rumph, and that no one else is failing and it's acceptable to just suck at CB.

Using your analogy. Imagine a guy sucks at his job, then the boss CHOOSE to keep him 2 more years at said job knowing full well he isn't good, THEN choose to reassign him, and assign someone else (or are you just saying no one else is assigned to CB recruiting?), and then THAT GUY (Banda) fails at the job as well, and you wanna act like the 2nd guy and the boss who assigned the roles aren't ALSO to blame... Now does that make sense to you? I'm not saying Fire Banda, I'm saying he's done jack **** for us at CB, and thats a problem when he's supposed to be our ace recruiter and is a **** DB coach! Again, most schools only have 1 DB coach, so why is it unreasonable to expect Banda, our best recruiter according to you insiders, to be able to recruit some **** CBS?

It all comes down to this: Who the **** is going to be responsible for landing or failing to land us Markevious Brown?

Advertisement
Back