Corch Strong

Advertisement
how many power 5 coaches have gotten fired, for poor on the field performance, in year 2?

Read the thread on ShaggyTexas. The issue they have with Strong isn't that he doesn't have the players but rather the decisions made in the game. I am not sure they fire Strong this year but he will be gone after next year, do doubt.

I agree. Even though he has an awful record over these two years, strong will likely be fired next year not this year. With regards to on the field performance, P5 schools give three years most of the time. Now, I don't think Blake James will buyout Charlie strong's K so the only way he's a real option is if he gets fired (unlikely because of precedent) or he quits.

It comes down to whether or not he has the confidence in himself to turn it around at Texas. If he doesn't, then maybe he quits and comes for the UM job.

The one thing that could change this is if they agree to part ways. I could see Texas telling Strong he has to meet certain benchmarks next year but also offering an out if he wants to take it. If they offer Strong a million a year until the end of his contract he could end up taking it if he thinks he can get a job at 4 million a year. My fear is Miami would then pick him up for 4 million.

If Miami hires Strong then Clint Hurt better be on that staff or else we are in trouble.

If we hire Strong, then we're dead to rights from the outset. Even if he manages to land difference-making talent after his disastrous tenure at Texas, which is highly questionable to begin with, he'll just sit their *** on the bench for an entire season like he did with Chris Warren.

Wanted to install an up-tempo spread, but kept a pro-style West Coast OC. Landed a premier RB recruit, but gave him fewer carries through 10 games than he did in one night against Texas Tech. And Warren wouldn't have even seen the field so much last night if Johnathan Gray, a far less talented senior averaging a whopping 4.0 YPC on 123 attempts, wasn't sidelined due to injury.

Their defense is getting annihilated on a weekly basis and he doesn't have a clue what he's doing offensively. Strong may end up earning another opportunity elsewhere down the line, but we'd have to be certifiably insane and institutionally incompetent to take him off Texas' hands right now.

how many power 5 coaches have gotten fired, for poor on the field performance, in year 2?

Read the thread on ShaggyTexas. The issue they have with Strong isn't that he doesn't have the players but rather the decisions made in the game. I am not sure they fire Strong this year but he will be gone after next year, do doubt.

I agree. Even though he has an awful record over these two years, strong will likely be fired next year not this year. With regards to on the field performance, P5 schools give three years most of the time. Now, I don't think Blake James will buyout Charlie strong's K so the only way he's a real option is if he gets fired (unlikely because of precedent) or he quits.

It comes down to whether or not he has the confidence in himself to turn it around at Texas. If he doesn't, then maybe he quits and comes for the UM job.

The one thing that could change this is if they agree to part ways. I could see Texas telling Strong he has to meet certain benchmarks next year but also offering an out if he wants to take it. If they offer Strong a million a year until the end of his contract he could end up taking it if he thinks he can get a job at 4 million a year. My fear is Miami would then pick him up for 4 million.

If Miami hires Strong then Clint Hurt better be on that staff or else we are in trouble.

Somehow I get the feeling that Miami is not going to agree to employ the man who got us on massive probation.....So Strong's one ace in the hole won't even work here.

Strong's modus operandi is due come in and clean house. He did it at UL and Texas and would do it at his next gig.
This does a few things for him. It gives the impression and sets the tone that he means business. And it also affords him an extra year or two as the admin would view it positively and a necessary evil.
So if he comes to Miami expect a good chunk of players to be dismissed and a rough couple of years. If he still as the support from fans, boosters, admin players after than maybe he would begin having moderate success but then again maybe not.

The sooner we get Strong out of the picture as a potential HC the better.

Advertisement
From cs-We believe Strong is totally out of the picture at Miami and will stay at Texas. Look for a big offensive Cordinator hire over the next couple weeks to keep the fan base at bay

What's with all of the RASCIST hate towards Charlie Strong??? Stop taking COWARDLY shots at the guy, man up and tell the truth why you don't like the guy!!! FRCMF!!!

What's with all of the RASCIST hate towards Charlie Strong??? Stop taking COWARDLY shots at the guy, man up and tell the truth why you don't like the guy!!! FRCMF!!!

Nothing racist about not wanting to hire a coach who got Texas beaten down by Iowa f**king State.

Advertisement

When all else fails, play the race card.

It's not as if he is getting his **** pushed in weekly while showing no signs of progress or anything like that. Oh, wait...

Dude is a bad HC if he was green, blue, purple, red, orange, yellow or rainbow brite.

It's not as if the guy is getting his teeth kicked in every week without even showing signs of progress...oh, wait...

Guy is a horrible coach wether he was green, purple, blue, red, orange, yellow or a rainbow unicorn.

Sooooo much racism at play here. All the closet Klan members that call Strong junk in one breath and then go praise David Shaw with another. Jesu Christo, I really wonder what the excuse will be next year when he goes 3-9?

It's not as if the guy is getting his teeth kicked in every week without even showing signs of progress...oh, wait...

Guy is a horrible coach wether he was green, purple, blue, red, orange, yellow or a rainbow unicorn.

Sooooo much racism at play here. All the closet Klan members that call Strong junk in one breath and then go praise David Shaw with another. Jesu Christo, I really wonder what the excuse will be next year when he goes 3-9?

This^^^^^

By the way, it's Jesus Cristo.

You're welcome!

Advertisement

Stop!!! U sound like an idiot! I hate when ppl use race to justify ineptitude. Let me be clear, I'm 100% black, from the hood homie (South Side Chiraq, Bompton-Compton, and now Yay Area).

Let me PERFECTLY blunt about why Canes fan don't want Charlie Strong; it ain't his skin color, bruh. He SUCKS as a head coach. He was EXPOSED as a fraud once he stepped up to Big Boy Football, just like that "white guy" we all hated named Al Golden.

Now if you wanna nurse yourself to sleep thinking that every single poster on here that has something bad to say about Charles Strong is a racist, then bruh, go see someone about that; but miss this board w that sheep talk, dog.

Sumlin? Coach. Shaw? Coach. Barbers? Coach. SKRONG? CORCH! And that's y we don't want him.

Signed,

The educated hoodlum

Stop!!! U sound like an idiot! I hate when ppl use race to justify ineptitude. Let me be clear, I'm 100% black, from the hood homie (South Side Chiraq, Bompton-Compton, and now Yay Area).

Let me PERFECTLY blunt about why Canes fan don't want Charlie Strong; it ain't his skin color, bruh. He SUCKS as a head coach. He was EXPOSED as a fraud once he stepped up to Big Boy Football, just like that "white guy" we all hated named Al Golden.

Now if you wanna nurse yourself to sleep thinking that every single poster on here that has something bad to say about Charles Strong is a racist, then bruh, go see someone about that; but miss this board w that sheep talk, dog.

Sumlin? Coach. Shaw? Coach. Barbers? Coach. SKRONG? CORCH! And that's y we don't want him.

Signed,

The educated hoodlum

And it's RACIST, not RAScist. FOH!

Advertisement

Signed,

The educated hoodlum

I only deal with people who are 85% black. I am willing to make an exception when I upvote.

Signed,

The educated hoodlum

I only deal with people who are 85% black. I am willing to make an exception when I upvote.

Bruh, u just made me spit up my OJ.
Truth be told are any of us TRULY 100% anything?? I just had to make it very clear so there was no misconception on that porsters part.

Signed,

The educated hoodlum

Bruh, u just made me spit up my OJ.
Truth be told are any of us TRULY 100% anything?? I just had to make it very clear so there was no misconception on that porsters part.

That is too deep for me.

Having Teddy B and about 40 Florida castoffs (guessing) surely did make this man some money while at Loserville!!!!!

Advertisement
Back