MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I heard about these talks last summer and confirmed my info with insiders i trust here. Miami has been working behind the scene for sometime now. FSU and Clemson going public was all strategized with Miami; however, we did not want that kind of public attention for whatever reason. It would not surprise me If Miami is the first to announce we are headed to Big 10. Hopefully, FSU comes with us but i won't hold my breath.
IMG_6687.jpeg

I heard about these talks last summer and confirmed my info with insiders i trust here. Miami has been working behind the scene for sometime now. FSU and Clemson going public was all strategized with Miami; however, we did not want that kind of public attention for whatever reason. It would not surprise me If Miami is the first to announce we are headed to Big 10. Hopefully, FSU comes with us but i won't hold my breath.

If UM does break the news about joining the B1G, then I will forgive Rad for his terrible hire for baseball HC.

Last time, my friend. Last time. Donna got roasted when we left the Big East for the ACC.
Way better to move in silence. No doubt about it. In fact, none of them should have even said anything publicly at the ACC media days. Any deal they could have made for a bigger piece of the ACC pot was still way too little to squabble over in comparison to going the the Big or SEC. That is without mentioning the financial ramifications academically after becoming an AAU school.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Excellent. **** FSU 😎

Advertisement
Exactly. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. Do we really want to lose this rivalry?
Can still play that as an OOC game. "Programming" and optimizing commercial revenue for prime time slots is the name of the game.

Advertisement
Not just that, but a 🖕🏿 to Florida University and the SEC.
I think it'll hurt the SEC presence in Florida, esp. SFLA
The B10 wants a legit 'national conference ... Pacific to Atlantic, Great Lakes to Miami. The incredible population surge in Florida is driven primarily by relocation of residents (full or part time) from B10 states to Naples, Marco Island, Tampa / Sarasota. Orlando, Daytona / Palm Coast / St Augustine as well as down the East Coast from NSB to Boca. I read a stat that some phenomenal amount of wealth 'relocated' from the Midwest to Florida in 2021-2022 that was valued at in excess of $100 Billion dollars. Florida is going to have more B10 fans than SEC fans very soon.

Exactly. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. Do we really want to lose this rivalry?
It would bite ***. It was bad enough losing UF. I still hate the thought of a big 10 schedule. We would literally not have a rival unless ND joined. OSU, Mich, pedo have their own rivals.

Not just that, but a 🖕🏿 to Florida University and the SEC.
I think it'll hurt the SEC presence in Florida, esp. SFLA
I was just reading some tweets that @Genetics56 had made over the past week ... and he said that so far

-It is ND and Miami to the B10
-FSU has a B10 offer on the table so it is up to them to decide
-Clemson has met with the B10 ... but no idea if they actually have an offer to join
-If I had to guess today it would be ND and Miami to the B10 and Clemson and FSU to the SEC (even though I would really like to have
FSU in the B10).

He is pretty wired into the B10 programs.

Advertisement
I was just reading some tweets that @Genetics56 had made over the past week ... and he said that so far

-It is ND and Miami to the B10
-FSU has a B10 offer on the table so it is up to them to decide
-Clemson has met with the B10 ... but no idea if they actually have an offer to join
-If I had to guess today it would be ND and Miami to the B10 and Clemson and FSU to the SEC (even though I would really like to have
FSU in the B10).

He is pretty wired into the B10 programs.

Don't count Clemson out...

1688132840311.png

Oh, yeah, Clemson wants it bad...

View attachment 244280
Would be quite a coup if the B10 were able to grab Miami, FSU, Clemson and ND. However was reading a comment from @Genetics56 where he stated that there is a new collaborative working relationship between the B10 and the SEC ... so that might resulting in some horse trading.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back