MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
"There is one ACC school that one could say "all that is left is to announce they are leaving the ACC"

You think that's us?
200.gif

Advertisement
well I’d assume ND isn’t really aggressively pursuing it as much as us, but mostly because they simply don’t need to. Like they basically can join the B10 tomorrow with like no effort if they wanted to…
NBC is trying to figure out with Notre Dame how they’re going to come to terms with a deal that is either short term extension of what they’re doing or somehow ultimately will follow through into a big 10 membership or some other random. Notre Dame alliance.

I am fairly certain, but I wouldn’t bet your life on it because I’m not mean, and nobody is infallible, that he’s alluding to Miami.

well I’d assume ND isn’t really aggressively pursuing it as much as us, but mostly because they simply don’t need to. Like they basically can join the B10 tomorrow with like no effort if they wanted to…
They need the GOR to be dissolved just as much as anybody else that wants to leave the ACC.

Advertisement
Not with the agreement they signed with the ACC. They are full voting members of the ACC and their agreement states that if they decide to enter any conference full time between now and 2036 it must be the ACC.

Advertisement
Not with the agreement they signed with the ACC. They are full voting members of the ACC and their agreement states that if they decide to enter any conference full time between now and 2036 it must be the ACC.
Yes, and How would that agreement be more difficult to break than US breaking the GOR AND leaving the conference as an actual FULL member including in football...

ND doesn't need the ACC to die. They can just leave the ACC and pay an exit fee (one that likely is substantially lower than we would have to pay given they aren't a football member). They don't need to worry about the GOR. **** they could give the ACC the option - either we fully leave, or we can leave our non-football sports in the ACC like they currently are (and I actually assume ND likes/prefers), but Football is moving to B10.

Last edited:
Yes, and How would that agreement be more difficult to break than US breaking the GOR AND leaving the conference as an actual FULL member including in football...

ND doesn't need the ACC to die. They can just leave the ACC and pay an exit fee (one that likely is substantially lower than we would have to pay given they aren't a football member). They don't need to worry about the GOR. **** they could give the ACC the option - either we fully leave, or we can leave our non-football sports in the ACC like they currently are (and I actually assume ND likes/prefers), but Football is moving to B10.
I didn't say that there agreement is more difficult to break than our situation ... the comment that was made was that they can simply leave ... and they can't ... they have to deal with a contractual issue.

I didn't say that there agreement is more difficult to break than our situation ... the comment that was made was that they can simply leave ... and they can't ... they have to deal with a contractual issue.
...But they can simply leave lol. Like relatively its quite simple for them compared to us.

Advertisement
And that agreement is harder to back out of than the GOR? Doubtful.
ND Clearly is in an easier position to join another conference than we are.
You’re literally pulling that out of thin area with zero legal basis to support it. I don’t know but you definitely don’t either. It just “sounds like it is” is not, in fact, a legal argument.

And that agreement is harder to back out of than the GOR? Doubtful.
ND Clearly is in an easier position to join another conference than we are.

What is wrong with you? You always choose to fight a stupid and losing battle.

Doesn't matter how "hard it is to back out of". The contract says what it says. If ND doesn't want to set up a legal battle and/or pay fees, they need the conference to be dissolved.

Why do you do this dumb ****?

The GOR will likely be easier to defeat in court. You can't "back out of it". A court is likely to say no proper consideration was given for the extension of the GOR to 2035, and there isn't a college conference GOR that has been upheld in court (yet). Whereas the contract that Notre Dame signed is a simple contract, and the ACC already provided its consideration by allowing ND to be a partial member (and a football member during 2020).

Every time I think you learned your lesson about ****posting, you go and do it again.

Advertisement
Back