MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Would be quite a coup if the B10 were able to grab Miami, FSU, Clemson and ND. However was reading a comment from @Genetics56 where he stated that there is a new collaborative working relationship between the B10 and the SEC ... so that might resulting in some horse trading.

Understandable. But IF it is true that the SEC is not exaaaactly looking to expand quite yet, then maybe the foursome makes it into the Big 10 unscathed.

We cannot deny that the Big 10 is shooting for a national footprint, while the SEC is still tightly bound to the S and the E in its abbreviated name.

Gonna be some interesting times ahead.

Advertisement
Don't believe for one second that there aren't enough "votes" programs INTERESTED in leaving. The issue is those 8-10 programs having confirmed, acceptable confirmed options.

Seems like it should be doable.

BIG 10
-ND
-Miami
-UVA
-UNC

SEC
-FSU
-CLEMSON
-VA TECH
-NC STATE

B12
-Louisville
-Syracuse

From all that I read UNC is desired by both the SEC and B10. Ga Tech could make it in there. Would seem like Pitt = B12. Will be interesting.
This makes absolute sense to me - do you think the state system of NC tho will allow Duke to just be lost forever lol

Duke is a private school. Not in 'the state system of NC".
I know that. I mean the state of NC which has shown during time at the ACC they stick together. I’d be surprised if the state of North Carolina will allow Duke to basically disappear which is what will happen if they don’t join a conference like the Big 12

Advertisement
I keep seeing things about B1G and SEC possibly waiting, SEC doesn't want to add right now, etc. I don't believe it at all. This is an arms race for big time money.

Let's assume the SEC doesn't actually want to expand more right now. If I'm the B1G, I'm doing whatever i can to strike the first blow of getting Miami, ND, FSU, Clemson and/or UNC. Even if that means working with the Big 12 to sign Louisville, Pitt, VT, etc.

Obviously the legalities with the GOR and finances have to be worked out. Wasn't it reported that the B1G has an escalator clause to increase the ultimate payout if new teams are added? It makes no sense that the B1G wouldn't expand. Hypothetically, if it could add those 4 teams, theybwoyld arguably have a majority of the name brands in college football. A true coast to coast league, with built in rivalries already set up and new ones to make. Plus they would have strong footprints in the south east, which the importance has been repeatedly mentioned.

That's why I think there is no way the SEC isn't trying to do the same thing. There is way too much money at issue to let the B1G come in to their territory, have Michigan, OSU, ND, PSU, etc. come down to their region once a twice a year or every other year. Besides money, the impact on recruiting. Everyone always uses the fact that it's hard for families to see kids who go up north, attend games, etc. Imagine if schools are coming down to FL once a year, down to the SE once or twice a year etc. No way SEC is just going to let that happen, and if they're dumb enough to do so, the B1G I'm sure has to he going all in.

Advertisement
SEC is expanding, folks.
Yeah no way they just let B10 get ND, Miami, FSU, and Clemson, and only walk away with UNC and UVA. That'd be a Major L.

They're gunna get Clemson, FSU, UNC, and UVA probably. Then the B10 will get like ND, Miami, VTech and like GTech... Though I'd rather have Oregon than GTech....

Advertisement
Can still play that as an OOC game. "Programming" and optimizing commercial revenue for prime time slots is the name of the game.
Right and so could have Florida but they didn’t want too tough a schedule out of conference because of big bad sec

Advertisement
I know that. I mean the state of NC which has shown during time at the ACC they stick together. I’d be surprised if the state of North Carolina will allow Duke to basically disappear which is what will happen if they don’t join a conference like the Big 12
Gonzaga basketball says hi

Gonna guess the new school with a litigation focused firm of over 5000 employees is ND and Kirkland Ellis. I’d guess/assume we have had Greenberg running it down on our end.

Former AD Jack S was a ***re Daniels partner. New guy, though he’s also a lawyer (Georgetown), has no obvious firm connection. I agree a big Chicago based firm would make sense.

Former AD Jack S was a ***re Daniels partner. New guy, though he’s also a lawyer (Georgetown), has no obvious firm connection. I agree a big Chicago based firm would make sense.
And Kirkland I believe is a litigation focused firm. Could be completely wrong but the pieces would make sense. Quinn Emanuel was the other firm I’d suspect is involved in this somewhere, somehow.

Advertisement
Back