MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

... Well it COULD be the case that they don't have enough votes... Obviously the sooner you have the votes that can dissolve the conference the better, because that would mean no fees at all. But that may not be the case. Thats why my point was which is better paying $125M or whatever it is to leave early, or leaving like 2 years later for free... Financially Paying that $100M likely won't be "worth it" over just getting out free 2 years later. But there are other factors that imo make it worth it.
Don't believe for one second that there aren't enough "votes" programs INTERESTED in leaving. The issue is those 8-10 programs having confirmed, acceptable confirmed options.

Seems like it should be doable.

BIG 10
-ND
-Miami
-UVA
-UNC

SEC
-FSU
-CLEMSON
-VA TECH
-NC STATE

B12
-Louisville
-Syracuse

From all that I read UNC is desired by both the SEC and B10. Ga Tech could make it in there. Would seem like Pitt = B12. Will be interesting.

Advertisement
If you have no interest in the topic and truly believe that nobody has any insight as to what is being discussed by the presidents and chancellors of the B10 programs ... then why bother opening this thread? You can't "guarantee" squat. There is factual information coming from certain individuals who are connected to several of the B10 universities. They're not done expanding, they are interested in Miami and Miami is interested in the B10. Right now it appears to be a matter of timing and execution.
He is a troll dude. The worst thing you can do is even reply to him.

... Well it COULD be the case that they don't have enough votes... Obviously the sooner you have the votes that can dissolve the conference the better, because that would mean no fees at all. But that may not be the case. Thats why my point was which is better paying $125M or whatever it is to leave early, or leaving like 2 years later for free... Financially Paying that $100M likely won't be "worth it" over just getting out free 2 years later. But there are other factors that imo make it worth it.
Just saw a tweet by Genetics56 ... the guy who is connected to B10 program execs. He said he wanted Clemson to the B10 but "that's not happening you can pencil Clemson to the SEC. So far it is ND and Miami to the B10 ... I need to find out about FSU".

For the greats...

@RVACane
@IndayArtHauz
@UrineDaloop

I strongly suspect that his 40-post history is heavy on anti-Miami, trolling, and insider-bashing.

View attachment 244094
I love eggs in purgatory. You didn't tag me, but I caught that pic.

egg-willy.gif

Advertisement
Don't believe for one second that there aren't enough "votes" programs INTERESTED in leaving. The issue is those 8-10 programs having confirmed, acceptable confirmed options.

BIG 10
-ND
-Miami
-UVA
-UNC

SEC
-FSU
-CLEMSON
-VA TECH
-NC STATE

B12
-Louisville
-Syracuse

From all that I read UNC is desired by both the SEC and B10. Ga Tech could make it in there. Would seem like Pitt = B12. Will be interesting.
I mean I agree with your point, but it's not like it's a guarantee that there are enough votes right now. Until they actually do the vote I think it should be assumed there aren't enough votes at the moment.

Also not so sure NCSt has a spot in SEC/B10. And will schools that have an offer for B12 really vote to dissolve the ACC when they are currently getting paid more, and if the other schools leave early, they'll at least collect like $400M (if $125M exit for Miami, FSU, Clemson, and then like $25M for ND for Non Fooball) straight into their pocket, THEN they can dissolve it after...

Just saw a tweet by Genetics56 ... the guy who is connected to B10 program execs. He said he wanted Clemson to the B10 but "that's not happening you can pencil Clemson to the SEC. So far it is ND and Miami to the B10 ... I need to find out about FSU".
Thats why I said "So In this scenario I think B10 getting ND and Miami while SEC gets FSU and Clemson for 2026 would make a lot of sense" in that original comment.

I mean I agree with your point, but it's not like it's a guarantee that there are enough votes right now. Until they actually do the vote I think it should be assumed there aren't enough votes at the moment.

Also not so sure NCSt has a spot in SEC/B10. And will schools that have an offer for B12 really vote to dissolve the ACC when they are currently getting paid more, and if the other schools leave early, they'll at least collect like $400M (if $125M exit for Miami, FSU, Clemson, and then like $25M for ND for Non Fooball) straight into their pocket, THEN they can dissolve it after...
Good points. I think the broadcast rights are playing out to be a big factor as well.

You guys must all be part of the "silent commit" crew. I guarantee you that not a single poster on here has any true and factual knowledge of Miami and a conference change. You guys speculate to the masses and expect everybody to take it as factual.
But no worries, there's always room to change your "facts" once that silent commit falls through.
It's fun calling out ****** face trolls like you.

Advertisement

BIG 10
-ND
-Miami
-UVA
-UNC

SEC
-FSU
-CLEMSON
-VA TECH
-NC STATE

B12
-Louisville
-Syracuse

I could be dead wrong but I think SEC gets the better group of those two. Personally, I rather watch games at those programs than UNC or UVA.

I hope FSU doesn’t want to be Florida’s ***** in SEC but I have my doubts.

I could be dead wrong but I think SEC gets the better group of those two. Personally, I rather watch games at those programs than UNC or UVA.

I hope FSU doesn’t want to be Florida’s ***** in SEC but I have my doubts.
I think UNC and UVA will end up SEC.

At this point seems like B10 would be happiest getting ND, Miami, FSU, and VTech.

Hmmm If only some here had told you miami was not only higher on big 10 list than most others, but that Miami was first to start rallying. I’m neither confirming nor denying that Miami is the school referenced as to having hired a law firm as I’m one of the many that doesn’t know a thing, people are saying.

8: Behind closed doors, the real story was taking place in the ACC. That is where the real story is. Recently an ACC school hired a law firm. Not going to say which school or which law firm. I've said enough about that. The conversations among the ACC schools go back a lot further than people realize. To my knowledge, Miami was the first school to breach the conversation with others. The unequal revenue distribution will start in 2024. The next step that will be discussed is unequal revenue distribution of the media rights money (not playoff money since that was already discussed).

Unrelated- if you don’t think the below guy is connected with great (which doesn’t mean always right fools) sources, I can’t help ya

Advertisement
Hmmm If only some here had told you miami was not only higher on big 10 list than most others, but that Miami was first to start rallying. I’m neither confirming nor denying that Miami is the school referenced as to having hired a law firm as I’m one of the many that doesn’t know a thing, people are saying.

8: Behind closed doors, the real story was taking place in the ACC. That is where the real story is. Recently an ACC school hired a law firm. Not going to say which school or which law firm. I've said enough about that. The conversations among the ACC schools go back a lot further than people realize. To my knowledge, Miami was the first school to breach the conversation with others. The unequal revenue distribution will start in 2024. The next step that will be discussed is unequal revenue distribution of the media rights money (not playoff money since that was already discussed).

Unrelated- if you don’t think the below guy is connected with great (which doesn’t mean always right fools) sources, I can’t help ya

He has worked for two Big 10 programs for years and has contacts at quite a few programs. He mentioned the magnificent 7 before it broke.

BuT bUt OrEgOn AnD wAsHiNgToN....

Advertisement
You guys must all be part of the "silent commit" crew. I guarantee you that not a single poster on here has any true and factual knowledge of Miami and a conference change. You guys speculate to the masses and expect everybody to take it as factual.
But no worries, there's always room to change your "facts" once that silent commit falls through.
Paramount Network Heather Duke GIF by Heathers

I heard about these talks last summer and confirmed my info with insiders i trust here. Miami has been working behind the scene for sometime now. FSU and Clemson going public was all strategized with Miami; however, we did not want that kind of public attention for whatever reason. It would not surprise me If Miami is the first to announce we are headed to Big 10. Hopefully, FSU comes with us but i won't hold my breath.

I heard about these talks last summer and confirmed my info with insiders i trust here. Miami has been working behind the scene for sometime now. FSU and Clemson going public was all strategized with Miami; however, we did not want that kind of public attention for whatever reason. It would not surprise me If Miami is the first to announce we are headed to Big 10. Hopefully, FSU comes with us but i won't hold my breath.

Last time, my friend. Last time. Donna got roasted when we left the Big East for the ACC.

Advertisement
Back