MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Fellas calm the **** down! All this back and forth y'all sound like *****ing wives. Private University = Miami moving in silence. We may not hear the noise but they aren't sitting on their hands like morons. Money talks and that's all that matters. ACC dumpster fire we ain't hanging around, Big12 pshhh that **** hole ain't even in the picture. We will be in the BIGTEN just have some patience.

Advertisement
“As in confirmed that is what Miami is doing." There you go again with your strawman arguments. This is the second time in the last two days you have done this. You go from having lucid well- reasoned posts to making stuff up and mischaracterizing what I say.

The quote from the original write up about Flo-

He says he feels sure it will come down to the money - not what the perception will be or what the fan base likes - he also says he is comfortable with info he has from people who would know that Miami has a spot in a conference other than the Big 12. The decision will be about the money.
He doesn't know what the final decision will be but he is positive that the ACC is done.”

Just use a tiny bit of logic and deductive reasoning here. He says ACC is dead. 100% of the fan base, me included, wants UM to join the B1G. He says he has info from people who would know that UM has a spot in a conference other than the Big 12. Why would he then say that he is sure that UM doesn’t care about perception or what the fan base likes, it’s purely about money? And if UM has a spot in the B1G with full shares, why isn’t he able to predict UMs final decision? ACC is out, so there must be some mystery conference that is making the decision complicated for UM.

Well gee, I wonder what conference he is talking about that wouldn’t be perceived as being as good as the B1G, would be unpopular with the fan base, and who
would be offering money that would exceed partial shares from the B1G.

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF
What could Yormark + Jay Z (and associated star power) do with a "property" like all things "Miami"?

Hmmmmmm

IMHO, my beloved alma mater the University needs to follow the expansionist success of the Health System and establish a campus in Palm Beach/Martin/St Lucie Counties.

If you aren't sitting at the table, your *** is on the menu.

Last edited:
Let's pretend you are UM, I'm the B1G commissioner. The three biggest revenue generators go to the P2, and UM is the only one left in the ACC. What's your best argument for convincing me to give you 50% shares now and 100% shares in 3 years, as opposed to offering you 0% shares for five years and 50% shares for the 5 years after that as I know you are out of options?

You have rapidly ascended to least-informed/most-incorrect poster on this topic on this thread.

We don't have to "pretend". The standard is to offer full-shares. The only reason to offer anything less is an exigency. The Big 10 was absolutely NOT considering Washington and Oregon until Washington and Oregon offered to come in at half-shares. The same is true for Stanford-Cal-SMU as it relates to the ACC.

This is not, and never has been, about any conference commissioner "negotiating" to bring in new members at rock-bottom prices. That's just some bull**** you invented in your head.

Don't agree with a good bit of it, but thumbs up for a well-written post.

I don't think "FSU to the B1G" is any more legit than the "Miami and Clemson are tied together" posts a few hundred pages ago. Any such chatter leaking from FSU's decision-makers is just posturing to help loosen the chains.

Brett Yormark has done a fine job as the Big XII commissioner, but is it possible you're overestimating his clout in a world run by the SEC/B1G cartel? It was a month or two ago that the Big XII walked away with an even smaller CFP per school share than the P2 conferences doled out to Jim Phillips and his crumbling ACC.

Us fans keep wanting realignment to happen "NOW!" to relieve anxiety and prove we knew more than the next guy.

But it's like when we were kids:

"Grandma, when's that cake gonna be ready."

"It'll be ready when it's ready baby."

We just have to patient and let the process run its course

Yormark is like the finest burger-flipper EVER at McDonald's. Doesn't mean he's ready to be the CEO.

The Big 12 is never going to the SEC or Big 10.

Advertisement
Id be shocked if the SEC wanted us. It doesn’t line up with what I was told on the topic, but my info is old with regard to SEC thinking. Still think the BIG is where we end up.

I'll go back to a post I made hundreds of pages ago.

It all depends on the action-reaction ordering of events.

RIGHT NOW, is the SEC coming to Miami first? **** no.

But if the Big 10 suddenly took 4 of the best teams from the ACC, the SEC can look at the rest of the landscape and say "Yeah, I guess I'll take Miami now."

Or, let's put a better face on this. IF IF IF you ever got the SEC to say "yeah, let's put TWO schools in the third-biggest state in America", then I would argue that Miami is, in some ways, a SUPERIOR choice to F$U. Why? Because Miami is more "complementary" rather than duplicative. We are a private school. We are in the south end of the state. We are more urban. We are in a recruiting hotbed that every other SEC school wants to tap into.

F$U is more of an "overlap" school to Florida. State school in the relatively unpopulated Panhandle. So if the SEC ONLY added F$U as a second Florida school, you do very little to address viewership and interest from I-4 south, particularly as UCF and USF grow, and FAU and FIU are not far behind. Again, I'm not saying that based solely on "TV-ratings", but the fact that the days of "I'm gonna root for the Gators or Seminoles even if I went to ANOTHER state school that doesn't have football" are over.

He literally asked the exact same questions that I asked months ago and then gave my opinion on the pro/cons of each course of action. I am just wondering where all the assclowns are to claim he’s got an agenda. For some reason they only come out for me. I should change my name to Assclown

I support this 100%.

That is an outline of COURT DATES in one law suit and doesn't include the "what if" regarding the possibility that FSU and maybe Clemson as well, decide to withdraw from the ACC regardless of the status of the law suits. That is the action that the most prominent "realignment poster" on Warchant is saying is most likely in the event the ACC does not settle and attempts to draw out the legal proceedings. Both FSU and Clemson are threatening to take action with two base assumptions, and then let the courts decide after the fact:

1. They contend that the current ESPN media agreement, and the associated GOR, run through June 30, 2027.
2. They contend that, according to the ESPN media agreement, which (reportedly) states "the GOR is in effect only as long
as a member institution remains a member of the conference" .... meaning .... any ACC school that leaves the ACC leaves with
future media rights in tact.

All they need to prove these two foundational premises is a copy of the ESPN media agreement. Clemson received their copy last week, and FSU is pending receipt via the Florida Attorney General, and will most likely also be requesting a copy via Judge Cooper in Florida.

There’s no way FSU and Clemson just withdraw from the conference without an agreed upon settlement with ACC. Bigten and SEC don’t want to engage a school before the divorce is finalized

Advertisement
I'll go back to a post I made hundreds of pages ago.

It all depends on the action-reaction ordering of events.

RIGHT NOW, is the SEC coming to Miami first? **** no.

But if the Big 10 suddenly took 4 of the best teams from the ACC, the SEC can look at the rest of the landscape and say "Yeah, I guess I'll take Miami now."

Or, let's put a better face on this. IF IF IF you ever got the SEC to say "yeah, let's put TWO schools in the third-biggest state in America", then I would argue that Miami is, in some ways, a SUPERIOR choice to F$U. Why? Because Miami is more "complementary" rather than duplicative. We are a private school. We are in the south end of the state. We are more urban. We are in a recruiting hotbed that every other SEC school wants to tap into.

F$U is more of an "overlap" school to Florida. State school in the relatively unpopulated Panhandle. So if the SEC ONLY added F$U as a second Florida school, you do very little to address viewership and interest from I-4 south, particularly as UCF and USF grow, and FAU and FIU are not far behind. Again, I'm not saying that based solely on "TV-ratings", but the fact that the days of "I'm gonna root for the Gators or Seminoles even if I went to ANOTHER state school that doesn't have football" are over.
There are people I trust that insist SEC is not just a remote possibility and I know they have some actual access as well. Still think it’s extremely unlikely but more likely than big 12 which is never going to happen no matter how many comely octopus (edit - assclown magnet) porsts we get.

Last edited:
There’s no way FSU and Clemson just withdraw from the conference without an agreed upon settlement with ACC. Bigten and SEC don’t want to engage a school before the divorce is finalized
We will see how it goes down. The guy who started the realignment thread on Warchant (now 2160 pages) is a retired media guy and has his contacts on the media side. His opinion, based on information he has been privy to, is that FSU will announce before August 15, regardless of the court status ... due TO the clarity of the documents (ESPN media agreement).

What could Yormark + Jay Z (and associated star power) do with a "property" like all things "Miami"?

Hmmmmmm

IMHO, my beloved alma mater the University needs to follow the expansionist success of the Health System and establish a campus in Palm Beach/Martin/St Lucie Counties.

If you aren't sitting at the table, your *** is on the menu.
Instead, they let UF partner with FAU on the Scripps project in Abacoa.

Advertisement
Goodness, Miami sounds like the chick who is "just bangable enough", but there are hotter options in the bar that we could bang.
Alternate theory – who cares if you were the fourth person to get a ticket in the front row when the tickets went on sale when you’re in the front row and everybody else is in the upper deck behind the stage

Advertisement
He literally asked the exact same questions that I asked months ago and then gave my opinion on the pro/cons of each course of action. I am just wondering where all the assclowns are to claim he’s got an agenda. For some reason they only come out for me. I should change my name to Assclown Magnet
That's got a nice ring to it.

We will see how it goes down. The guy who started the realignment thread on Warchant (now 2160 pages) is a retired media guy and has his contacts on the media side. His opinion, based on information he has been privy to, is that FSU will announce before August 15, regardless of the court status ... due TO the clarity of the documents (ESPN media agreement).

Thanks for sharing. The next 90 days or so will be interesting to watch and see what plays out

ACC getting blown up is inevitable

You're working too hard. There ARE other rumors out there as well and one was posted on the Warchant realignment thread yesterday ... stating that "according to a source that has proven to be very accurate and has direct contact with the Miami AD ... Miami has offers from both the B10 and SEC if the ACC blows up". Like I said, there are projections on potential scenarios all over the place. Seems like in your case your only interest is in proving "see, what I was projecting 2 months ago is correct, now other people are saying the same thing".

As I pointed out to a few of the other guys on the board, my Google feed is suddenly filled with bull**** PR leaks. "Ga Tech is a slam dunk to the Big 10". "If Boston College gets into the AAU, they are lock to join the Big 10".

Right now, we are in the Jeff Daniels diarrhea phase of info.

As I pointed out to a few of the other guys on the board, my Google feed is suddenly filled with bull**** PR leaks. "Ga Tech is a slam dunk to the Big 10". "If Boston College gets into the AAU, they are lock to join the Big 10".

Right now, we are in the Jeff Daniels diarrhea phase of info.
Don’t be so ******
Dumb And Dumber Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back