MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

this goes against the theory that Oregon will get left out by B1G

I have no idea about Oregon but not buying the rest of that for a second.

A) We're beyond conferences caring about "decimating" each other and there actually being any public backlash. There would actually be the reverse and excitement in the markets they care about. The B1G ain't exactly worried about some potential people in Utah or Arizona getting a bad case of the sadzzz.

B) There wouldn't be any real litigation as the NCAA isn't run like a pro sports league with tampering rules. IF the B1G was actually worried about potential tie-ups legally or politically they would've never taken UCLA with USC and did it so covertly. They obviously had zero concern in ****ing off Gavin Newsom or the UC system at large so they're not going to be concerned about some lawsuit from Washington State or Colorado that won't go anywhere.

Advertisement
I got into it with a UNC fan that actually believed that UNC was the lynchpin for the ACC teams and that they were more valuable than ND lmao. He also believed that Miami would be the 9th most attractive acc school and that our best offer would be the b12.

I realized he was an idiot when he opened his mouth about unc being more important than ND in this matter. UNC folks really feeling themselves right now haha.

I got into it with a UNC fan that actually believed that UNC was the lynchpin for the ACC teams and that they were more valuable than ND lmao. He also believed that Miami would be the 9th most attractive acc school and that our best offer would be the b12.

I realized he was an idiot when he opened his mouth about unc being more important than ND in this matter. UNC folks really feeling themselves right now haha.
What UNC has going for them is they're new territory. But that seems to matter more to the SEC than the B1G. Big 10 wants media markets (which would help UNC's case getting Charlotte), but the SEC wants territory, getting into states they didn't have before.

What UNC has going for them is they're new territory. But that seems to matter more to the SEC than the B1G. Big 10 wants media markets (which would help UNC's case getting Charlotte), but the SEC wants territory, getting into states they didn't have before.
Yea and don’t get me wrong I think Unc will be fine. But let’s be clear ND is the number 1 school on everyone’s wish list. This dude seemed to believe that unc was basically the ringleader that everyone is waiting on.

Advertisement

I think unc is attractive for 3 conferences but not some lynchpin. That’s nd and will always be nd.

100% agreed and that's what i conveyed. he disagreed.
Also I don’t think Miami is the ninth most attractive. I’d say thurd or tied for 2 w unc And behind Clemson. It seems to be about geographic regions now and the sec has Florida And b10 would like a footprint into Florida or I’d at least assume so And same w the Carolina’s hence unc

Advertisement
I’m hearing it’s about to get loud, possibly before game one. It’s blow it up before the season starts or wait until after. I don’t believe anyone wants to wait. It would also make week three more attractive for obvious reasons
Any changes to previous intel on SEC?

I’m hearing it’s about to get loud, possibly before game one. It’s blow it up before the season starts or wait until after. I don’t believe anyone wants to wait. It would also make week three more attractive for obvious reasons
Thanks for the updates. This is my favorite thread even though I hope last minute you tell us we are going to the B1G :cool:

Advertisement
Also I don’t think Miami is the ninth most attractive. I’d say thurd or tied for 2 w unc And behind Clemson. It seems to be about geographic regions now and the sec has Florida And b10 would like a footprint into Florida or I’d at least assume so And same w the Carolina’s hence unc
Yea I think that guy was insane. I don’t know where we’ll end up but I do know that ND is the most coveted school left and that both UNC and Miami are probably fine.

I stopped giving credence to his opinion once he mentioned that unc is more attractive than ND. Just thought it was a funny encounter and wanted to share.

That’s super interesting, because I don’t doubt your info. Golfed Streamsong (awesome public course, btw) last week with an agent who is very plugged in and he told me the opposite. He said, unequivocally, no chance this year. If it does happen, kudos to all involved for keeping it from leaking to the press.

Help Me Love GIF by Daddy's Home

Advertisement

I think it's best to do it before. Pull off the bandaid, and move on. You don't want this happening in the season taking away from the teams, players, etc.

My thoughts:

See ...Kevin Warren was strutting his ***** at B1G media days, after almost failing his 1st year in the B1G over his dumb Covid decisions...now he's a fooking mega celebrity with USC/UCLA and he said unequivocally...WE ARE NOT DONE EXPANDING!

Sankey on the other hand at $ec media days was very non commital...but he threw a shot at the B1G and said if we expand any further, we believe in keeping it regional and that will be our focus.

As in....how da fuq you gonna have USC play Maryland, Rutgers back to back, etc and fly all those other Olympic non revenue sports to do the same ..makes 0 sense.

Sankey is an alpha, a Wolf if you will....he hunts his prey and strikes when the time is right...he doesn't show his hand....go ahead and let Kevin Warren strut his *****...Sankey will strike and tell B1G you're on deck bytches!

In regards to what @Boracane said..I'll add that to the B1G guy, the Minnesota guy and that WV guy on twatter...they have been saying, shytes about to get wild!

I'm of the opinion, go ahead and announce it now. FOOK IT! LETS ROLL!!

My thoughts:

See ...Kevin Warren was strutting his ***** at B1G media days, after almost failing his 1st year in the B1G over his dumb Covid decisions...now he's a fooking mega celebrity with USC/UCLA and he said unequivocally...WE ARE NOT DONE EXPANDING!

Sankey on the other hand at $ec media days was very non commital...but he threw a shot at the B1G and said if we expand any further, we believe in keeping it regional and that will be our focus.

As in....how da fuq you gonna have USC play Maryland, Rutgers back to back, etc and fly all those other Olympic non revenue sports to do the same ..makes 0 sense.

Sankey is an alpha, a Wolf if you will....he hunts his prey and strikes when the time is right...he doesn't show his hand....go ahead and let Kevin Warren strut his *****...Sankey will strike and tell B1G you're on deck bytches!

In regards to what @Boracane said..I'll add that to the B1G guy, the Minnesota guy and that WV guy on twatter...they have been saying, shytes about to get wild!

I'm of the opinion, go ahead and announce it now. FOOK IT! LETS ROLL!!

Yeah, Warren is a moron.

Advertisement
Back