MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Advertisement

If this happens soon, then the SEC will retaliate; and hopefully, that means we get an announcement soon.

Wash/Oregon as the Big Ten’s “goal” is a change from what he had been saying. Previously said Big Ten wanted to target ACC schools with ND/Stanford. Maybe they got word Miami/Clemson/FSU are going to the SEC? Would line up with what @Boarcane @Cribby and Mike Ryan have said.

Which do we prefer?

A conference that includes Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Florida State, Clemson, LSU, Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma

Or one with the likes of Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, USC, Oregon and Washington

I'd go with the SEC just to have UF and FSU on the schedule, but we definitely couldn't go wrong either way
BIG10

Wash/Oregon as the Big Ten’s “goal” is a change from what he had been saying. Previously said Big Ten wanted to target ACC schools with ND/Stanford. Maybe they got word Miami/Clemson/FSU are going to the SEC? Would line up with what @Boarcane @Cribby and Mike Ryan have said.
Washington/Oregon/Stanford/Cal is a forgone conclusion to the B1G, I seriously doubt there is any interest between those schools and/or the SEC.
With that said, if the B1G wanted to preemptive it would appear the "shot across the bow" would be UM/FSU/UNC or even UVA to establish a footprint in SEC territory.

Option A: Games against UF, FSU and their fellow S-E-C mental midgets from the Confederacy.

Option B: B1G with Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn Stare and USC

Option Z: Shipwrecked with directional-school leftovers like UCF and USF. Play home games in front of 13K at Lockhart Stadium.
B

Advertisement
Well this is certainly interesting.
NDIANAPOLIS — Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren told Action Network there are “a handful of schools” besides Notre Dame that would add value as future Big Ten members.
The schools being considered by the Big Ten, sources told Action Network, are Notre Dame, Oregon, Washington, Stanford, Cal, Miami and Florida State. Warren would not comment on specific schools as potential members.
Warren said he was proud that USC and UCLA are AAU (Association of American University) members but also said being an AAU member is not a requirement for a potential future member.
AND THEN THERE WAS THIS:
“Literally every Power Five conference school not in the SEC has reached out to the Big Ten,” a source said about schools wanting to join the conference. “University presidents, athletic directors, senior women administrators, you name it.”
https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf...sible-expansion-college-football-playoff-more

Also this from UW 247 page

1659034973698.jpeg

Washington/Oregon/Stanford/Cal is a forgone conclusion to the B1G, I seriously doubt there is any interest between those schools and/or the SEC.
With that said, if the B1G wanted to preemptive it would appear the "shot across the bow" would be UM/FSU/UNC or even UVA to establish a footprint in SEC territory.
Agreed although I might* be tempted to go Utah over Cal if football is the main driver of this. Utah actually is a precious AAU school too. That said, I can see the political/academic/geographic reasons for Cal too.

As far as the shot across the bow that you described- imagine if the B1G said "F*ck it! Let's just do today what we're going to do tomorrow anyway and let's go to 24 teams and be done."

Imagine if in the span of a week that they announced those west coast schools AND the 4 ACC schools you mentioned- if Notre Dame wants to continue to d!ck around. I don't care what spin would emerge. Greg Sankey would be in the fetal position under his desk and there would be ZERO debate about the clearly superior conference.

Notre Dame would then be left begging Kevin Warren to join and offering to find someone come with them so as to go to 26 teams as you really could effectively squeeze them out of scheduling and the Playoff then and they're not going to slink to the SEC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agreed although I might* be tempted to go Utah over Cal if football is the main driver of this. Utah actually is a precious AAU school too. That said, I can see the political/academic/geographic reasons for Cal too.

As far as the shot across the bow that you described- imagine if the B1G said "F*ck it! Let's just do today what we're going to do tomorrow anyway and let's go to 24 teams and be done."

Imagine if in the span of a week that they announced those west coast schools AND the 4 ACC schools you mentioned- if Notre Dame wants to continue to d!ck around. I don't care what spin would emerge. Greg Sankey would be in the fetal position under his desk and there would be ZERO debate about the clearly superior conference.

Notre Dame would then be left begging Kevin Warren to join and offering to find someone come with them so as to go to 26 teams as you really could effectively squeeze them out of scheduling and the Playoff then and they're not going to slink to the SEC.
This is would be more than I dare ever hope for.

Advertisement
So trying to be purely analytical, and see the whole field going forward 10 years. What if the B1G took Stanford, Cal, Washington, and ND?

That's right, leave Oregon out. Oregon has pumped a lot of money into their program, but Knight is getting **** old, they don't offer a big TV market or an even average recruiting base. Not a great school, either. What do they add? The SEC wouldn't pick up Oregon, they aren't worth enough to expand that far out with no other significant partners. The B1G would effectively kill Oregon so they wouldn't even be a problem going forward. Cal alumni are worth a lot more and are in a major market and state.

Last edited:
Warren said he was proud that USC and UCLA are AAU (Association of American University) members but also said being an AAU member is not a requirement for a potential future member.
Assuming this is an accurate quote, this might be the most funny (in relation to the amount of time it was debated as a "real" roadblock) and most predictable thing to happen so far in the progression of expansion.

What's next?!

The ACC GoR isn't $42 Billion per school to get out of AND is able to be challenged in court?!

Color me SHOCKED!!!

So trying to be purely analytical, and see the whole field going forward 10 years. what if the B1G took Stanford, Cal, Washington, and ND?

That's right, leave Oregon out. Oregon has pumped a lot of money into their program, but Knight is getting **** old, they don't offer a big TV market or an even average recruiting base. Not a great school, either. What do they add? The SEC wouldn't pick up Oregon, they aren't worth enough to expand that far out with no other significant partners. The B1G would effectively kill Oregon so they wouldn't even be a problem going forward. Cal alumni are worth a lot more and are in a major market and state.
I absolutely could get on-board with this. Would actually be hilarious that Phil Knight (and a liberal state like Oregon) couldn't just fund their flagship institution of higher learning to a level enough to outshine the likes of FSU academically and it ultimately destroyed their athletics program.

So trying to be purely analytical, and see the whole field going forward 10 years. what if the B1G took Stanford, Cal, Washington, and ND?

Wow. Mario's decision could be that much better of a move if this comes to fruition

Advertisement
Back