MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Dennis Dodd is a huge cameltoe. The teams being considered for expansion are not worth the 80-100 million that current teams would get? Rutgers Is worth it though?
He's just reporting what Brett McMurphy said last night. Maybe the B1G and SEC realize no other schools add that value to their 16 and stay put. Doubt they do though.

Advertisement
Is anyone else torn as to whether the Canes should go to Big 10 vs. SEC?

Big 10 is better cultural fit, more $$$, some interesting national games, possible ND rivalry renewal, possible end of FSU rivalry, and further decline of the Gator rivalry.

SEC is better geographic fit, Gator rivalry renewal, more than likely continuation of FSU rivalry as they are likely going to SEC.
Nope.

**** FSU and UiF.

Dennis Dodd is a huge cameltoe. The teams being considered for expansion are not worth the 80-100 million that current teams would get? Rutgers Is worth it though?
He was referring to the four West coast schools when talking about value. UM and FSU weren't included in that group.

Advertisement
Is anyone else torn as to whether the Canes should go to Big 10 vs. SEC?

Big 10 is better cultural fit, more $$$, some interesting national games, possible ND rivalry renewal, possible end of FSU rivalry, and further decline of the Gator rivalry.

SEC is better geographic fit, Gator rivalry renewal, more than likely continuation of FSU rivalry as they are likely going to SEC.

Option A: Games against UF, FSU and their fellow S-E-C mental midgets from the Confederacy.

Option B: B1G with Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn Stare and USC

Option Z: Shipwrecked with directional-school leftovers like UCF and USF. Play home games in front of 13K at Lockhart Stadium.

Option A: Games against UF, FSU and their fellow S-E-C mental midgets from the Confederacy.

Option Z: Shipwrecked with directional-school leftovers like UCF and USF. Play home games in front of 13K at Lockhart Stadium.
I hope you didn't get from my post that Option Z is even a consideration if Options A or B are even available.

Probably not, but I think it's clear that there's a lot more to these decisions than just "is your program worth 100 million" or not. Locking down the pacific coast, bringing in big brands to generate more big matchup games, making travel easier on those teams, being affiliated with elite academic institutions. These are all decisions that are probably more important to school presidents than an extra 2.6% on the annual athletic budget.

The Big Ten schools have academic and research affiliations that extend beyond football that's worth some amount of money as well.

I mean it seems pretty obvious B10 should target ND, UNC, Stanford, UVA, Washington, Cal, Oregon, and Duke.

That would give them 24.

Sec just Clemson, Miami, FSU, and GTech. If they want to get to 22, VTech and NCSt would probably be the next targets; maybe Oklahoma st.

The rest of the PAC/ACC/B12 should then merge forming a national conference.

Advertisement
I hope you didn't get from my post that Option Z is even a consideration if Options A or B are even available.

Not at all Cane brotha.

Option Z is the "**** has gone horribly wrong" outcome of conference realignment which seems less and less likely by the day, thank God

Last edited:

When I see Miami fans talking about how they'd rather join the SEC:
1658947511159.png

IF B1G were to add Cal, Stanford, UW & Oregon, who does everyone think would be the next 4????

ND, Miami, UNC & UVA wouldn't be bad! If ND stays Indy then guess GT/Duke or even Kansas

Advertisement
IF B1G were to add Cal, Stanford, UW & Oregon, who does everyone think would be the next 4????

ND, Miami, UNC & UVA wouldn't be bad! If ND stays Indy then guess GT/Duke or even Kansas

Dook is eventually going to be an interesting situation. I don't think UNC is going to have enough weight to make any demands for a joint invite. I'm also not sure how much value a purely basketball school would add to a conference that already did this with Maryland and is guaranteed to get its share of March Madness revenue disirregardless.

If B1G adds Cal, Stanford, UW, and Oregon, then I'm even more relieved that we're joining the SEC. The travel schedule would have already been disadvantageous flying to the midwest so often and playing in cold weather, but then on top of that you add 6 hour flights to west coast schools potentially more than once a year (depending on how the schedule would shake out) and that's just unfair for UM compared to easier travel demands for the traditional B1G schools.

In my opinion, UM should stay regional and play against teams that we directly recruit against...UF, UGA, Bama. SEC all the way.

Advertisement
Dook is eventually going to be an interesting situation. I don't think UNC is going to have enough weight to make any demands for a joint invite. I'm also not sure how much value a purely basketball school would add to a conference that already did this with Maryland and is guaranteed to get its share of March Madness revenue disirregardless.

Some schools may prefer to due away with football. I feel Duke may be in that category if they're left out. Also, if Cal is left out, I think they wouldn't mind removing football also.

Some schools may prefer to due away with football. I feel Duke may be in that category if they're left out. Also, if Cal is left out, I think they wouldn't mind removing football also.
This would be my guess as well. I've heard Duke has considered dropping football before but feels obligated to prop it up based on how much money they've already taken from alumni. If they're not invited to a football league that props it up, would have to think they'd rather go to a hoops league than the Big12.

ND isn't joining until forced to. If the Big Ten is adding Cal, Stanford, UW, and OU, it seems like UVA, UNC, GT, and Miami are going to be invited next. All bring something similar in terms of markets and academics, along with arguably stronger brands (UM>OU, UNC>UW, GT=Stanford, UVA=Cal) and better recruiting territory.

The question will be whether FSU and Clemson are going too or not.

ND isn't joining until forced to. If the Big Ten is adding Cal, Stanford, UW, and OU, it seems like UVA, UNC, GT, and Miami are going to be invited next. All bring something similar in terms of markets and academics, along with arguably stronger brands (UM>OU, UNC>UW, GT=Stanford, UVA=Cal) and better recruiting territory.

The question will be whether FSU and Clemson are going too or not.
Just to add:

Advertisement
Back