MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Thanks for the updates. This is my favorite thread even though I hope last minute you tell us we are going to the B1G :cool:
**** that. I hate this thread. It’s 12 posts from @Boarcane confirming what he said 11 times and roughly 2700 others posts not paying attention, arguing about the GoR and whining about being left out… maybe a couple dozen from me mocking it. Give or take…😎

And yes. I thank him for his excellence and also hope for a switch to the B1G!

Advertisement
Not sure if posted already, but this article from The Athletic goes into why conferences are secretive with realignment. It's not surprising or anything breaking, but does a good job of explaining the history.

In summary, politicians and lawsuits obviously get in the way. It goes back to the ACC announcing Miami, Syracuse and Boston College and then several state ADs from other programs threatening lawsuits and getting in the middle of ACC plans. Manchin and McConnell arguing over Big 12 picking between WV and Louisville, and other instances. Conferences learned it was best to keep quiet and deal with the blowback afterars. Reminds me of the saying, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

I have to admit that I'm coming around to the notion of the SEC. The Big 10 was my first choice for academics and the fact that we'd be less likely to be the redheaded stepchild, but staying more regional definitely has its advantages, especially if the Big 10 stays out of the mid-Atlantic states.

I’m hearing it’s about to get loud, possibly before game one. It’s blow it up before the season starts or wait until after. I don’t believe anyone wants to wait. It would also make week three more attractive for obvious reasons
Thank you for the info and the heads up. Some of us here actually appreciate the peak behind the curtain as it were....

Advertisement
I’m hearing it’s about to get loud, possibly before game one. It’s blow it up before the season starts or wait until after. I don’t believe anyone wants to wait. It would also make week three more attractive for obvious reasons
E.F. Hutton. When you speak, I listen. I am definitely dating myself with this reference.

I have to admit that I'm coming around to the notion of the SEC. The Big 10 was my first choice for academics and the fact that we'd be less likely to be the redheaded stepchild, but staying more regional definitely has its advantages, especially if the Big 10 stays out of the mid-Atlantic states.
Agreed. I still think we're a much better fit in the B1G depending on how they proceed and it's still my preference for a myriad of reasons but I'll be celebrating either way when it actually drops that we gave an official departure notice to the ACC.

Agreed. I still think we're a much better fit in the B1G depending on how they proceed and it's still my preference for a myriad of reasons but I'll be celebrating either way when it actually drops that we gave an official departure notice to the ACC.
no inside info but I believe the B10 would want to get into the Carolina region and Florida (they have Maryland/DC and NYC/NJ already). they dont have a presence in the Charlotte area or in Florida. SEC in this scenario would likely have FSU and would guarantee them the state regardless. this would be the big10s introduction into Florida. ND gives the b10 the entire nation obviously and some international presence which we've seen b10 schools like w Michigans trip overseas

Advertisement
no inside info but I believe the B10 would want to get into the Carolina region and Florida (they have Maryland/DC and NYC/NJ already). they dont have a presence in the Charlotte area or in Florida. SEC in this scenario would likely have FSU and would guarantee them the state regardless. this would be the big10s introduction into Florida. ND gives the b10 the entire nation obviously and some international presence which we've seen b10 schools like w Michigans trip overseas
That's always been my belief too- not that it'll actually happen. Set Notre Dame aside for a second. Going into Florida and getting us and then getting UNC and the Carolina market would be THE two big power moves left on the table for the B1G. Go ahead and pair us with FSU if you want and UNC with another Carolina schools or UVag or Vag Tech. But that would be a secondary issue after you get us and UNC.

Everything else is gravy at that point. You'll have your pick of any addl northeast schools like Pitt or BC if you want them, you can target any southeast leftovers the SEC doesn't immediately grab in a reaction if need be and you can choose your west coast schools at will.

The SEC seemingly wanting to remain a contiguous regional (albeit a large region) conference and the plausible belief that Notre Dame would never seriously consider an SEC membership offer (unless completely desperate) sets this all up pretty clearly. Florida and the Mid-Atlantic/Carolinas are really the only legitimate potential battleground and real prizes on the expansion landscape.

It makes perfect sense for the SEC to expand at this point. The competition is the Big 10 And there is a possibility that the Big 10 may choose to grab some ACC schools that the SEC would rather have in their conference. So the SEC should strike first to get the schools that they want from the ACC to prevent the Big Ten from getting them first.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense for the SEC to expand at this point. The competition is the Big 10. And the fact that the Big 10 may choose to grab some ACC schools that the SEC would rather have in their conference. So the SEC should strike first to get the schools that they want in the ACC to prevent the Big Ten from getting them first.
I can't imagine either Sankey or Warren sitting on their hands at this point letting the other conference grabbing top targets unchallenged. My guess is schools like Miami would be weighing the merits of going to either and who they would want to go with, but maybe this thing is far more silo'd than that.

But I'm going to assume SEC bound unless Boar says otherwise, seems like everyone is treating his posts like gospel. I know DRad would probably prefer SEC and have tons of contacts in the SEC, but I'd still be shocked if Frenk wouldn't be more interested in associating with the B1G schools than the SEC schools.

I can't imagine either Sankey or Warren sitting on their hands at this point letting the other conference grabbing top targets unchallenged. My guess is schools like Miami would be weighing the merits of going to either and who they would want to go with, but maybe this thing is far more silo'd than that.

But I'm going to assume SEC bound unless Boar says otherwise, seems like everyone is treating his posts like gospel. I know DRad would probably prefer SEC and have tons of contacts in the SEC, but I'd still be shocked if Frenk wouldn't be more interested in associating with the B1G schools than the SEC schools.
I think a lot of people on this site are viewing borecane’s post as highly probable but not necessarily gospel because he has a track record. I think Miami would be a better fit with a big 10 from an academic perspective but I don’t think it makes sense from a geography perspective. I wouldn’t want our teams flying all over the country to play games whereas they could stay in the SEC and play games that are closer to home or require less travel.

Advertisement

This is a discussion point, not a questioning of your well thought out post.

At the end of the day, is the all mighty dollar the most important thing here in regards to Frenk? I know the reputation of the University is important but I always go to my three laws of humans. Money, Power, *** in no particular order.

This is a discussion point, not a questioning of your well thought out post.

At the end of the day, is the all mighty dollar the most important thing here in regards to Frenk? I know the reputation of the University is important but I always go to my three laws of humans. Money, Power, *** in no particular order.
David Lake said that Frenk is letting Rad and Echevarria run the show and they are laser focused on increasing football revenue.

Advertisement
Gaytor fans bout to lose their f*ckin minds
law-abiding-citizen-drama.gif

Advertisement
Back