MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

All good. I’m hoping to get something less vague. Everyone is incredibly tight lipped since our AD returned from his vacation.
Do you think our move is contingent on the expectation that Notre Dame joins the B1G?

Or are we gone regardless?

I was just wondering if certain dominos have to fall before we see an announcement because I know Sankey is trying to stay one step ahead of Warren.

Advertisement
The B1G on those 4 Pac-10 schools depending on the day (or possibly Phil Knight pulling media strings):

Heat Wave GIF by WFAA

Do you think our move is contingent on the expectation that Notre Dame joins the B1G?

Or are we gone regardless?

I was just wondering if certain dominos have to fall before we see an announcement because I know Sankey is trying to stay one step ahead of Warren.
Given their TV deal, among other things, you can't be making decisions based on anything ND does.

Advertisement
SEC for us and no. We are gone.
If this ends up being true (and I have no reason to doubt anything at this point) then it'll be even more amazing than what was pulled with nobody knowing anything about USC & UCLA until the day-of.

Theoretically, at minimum Sankey would've had to have polled his member schools about the invite . For nothing about that to leak at all in the current climate with all the lazy media awakened to this and eyes now focused on it would be quite the feat.

OR- did this start prior to USC & UCLA jumping ship?

I said it earlier in thread, Miami isn’t waiting for anyone, let alone ND. We took action.

Can’t wait for the announcement.

I sure hope you guys are connected and on the money here. You definitely can see where things are headed with the B1G and SEC controlling everything

Advertisement
Geographically, we fit better w/ the SEC. Academically, we fit better w/ the B1G.
Financially, we fit better in both

Verdict? LFG
Geographically, it’s going to be interesting to see them Cali teams traveling far for games. I don’t think people understand how difficult it is for a team to win on the road when traveling nearly a whole day before Gameday.

SEC for us and no. We are gone.
First games Sept 3rd. So you think it'll be within a month from now?
Should be pretty exciting.

So you think this is gunna spark UNC to leave too? Ultimately I believe UNC will determine whether the ACC lives or dies. If UNC bails to the B10/SEC (and probably takes UVA/Duke and obviously ND), then ACC will 100% collapse imo - which would be great for us getting out of the GOR.... Though even the threat of UNC leaving (and thus conference collapse) would probably be good enough for us to get out of the conference/contracts for like $100M total...

Advertisement
Geographically, it’s going to be interesting to see them Cali teams traveling far for games. I don’t think people understand how difficult it is for a team to win on the road when traveling nearly a whole day before Gameday.

Which, imo, The B1G will have to poach more WC teams. The closest team to SC/UCLA right now is I believe Nebraska!

Also... and I know that football rules the roost... it is going to suck even more for the other sports that play more games and frequently during the week.

Advertisement
Also... and I know that football rules the roost... it is going to suck even more for the other sports that play more games and frequently during the week.
Exactly.

Miami to the SEC is a no brainer for many reasons. Geographically. Money. Best conference in nation. ESPN. Florida and FSU.

Academics mean nothing to me for sports. This is a business and that doesn’t move the needle enough to not take advantage of this incredible opportunity.

First games Sept 3rd. So you think it'll be within a month from now?
Should be pretty exciting.

So you think this is gunna spark UNC to leave too? Ultimately I believe UNC will determine whether the ACC lives or dies. If UNC bails to the B10/SEC (and probably takes UVA/Duke and obviously ND), then ACC will 100% collapse imo - which would be great for us getting out of the GOR.... Though even the threat of UNC leaving (and thus conference collapse) would probably be good enough for us to get out of the conference/contracts for like $100M total...

Imo, UNC / Duke r the equivalent to SC / UCLA. They’ll decide the fate of the ACC, but I think GT, Clemson, FSU, & us bolt to the SEC. If ND gets the independent TV contract they want, they ain’t leaving Independent status.

Exactly.

Miami to the SEC is a no brainer for many reasons. Geographically. Money. Best conference in nation. ESPN. Florida and FSU.

Academics mean nothing to me for sports. This is a business and that doesn’t move the needle enough to not take advantage of this incredible opportunity.
I agree, but B10 actually does **** academically together though - something that would legit actually benefit us. Plus being in the b10 after realignment would essentially be alligning yourself with a bunch of Ivy league level schools. Like Stanford, Cal, UCLA, UNC, UVA, USC, plus all the current B10 schools... That's the top of the academic leaderboards right there, and would probably have a positive impact for us imo.

Advertisement
Back