MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I was saying big 10 when this came up last summer.

I agree that the SEC is the better conference. not arguing that. us as a school aren't close to any other SEC School in terms of culture, student body profile. we are more closer to Michigan, NW than we are UGA, Bama, etc. on top of that, a lot of our fanbase are in the big 10 markets than they are in the SEC including alumni and this isnt even close (NYC, DC, Chicago, even west coast canes).
Agree on the larger points but I think people are almost ignoring a quite possible future in favor of the present and relatively recent past. The SEC might be the best conference now but IF B1G expansion goes to 24 WITH the teams currently being speculated about then the B1G instantly claims that title in relation to "top to bottom" quality.

I don't think there would be programs left or even poachable Big 12 ones to begin to make up that difference either. Then they run the risk of being almost as top heavy as they are now for an even more prolonged time as a regional conference where your Arkys and Mississippi States and Kentuckys and Mizzous etc etc aren't ever REAL consistent threats.

Agree on the larger points but I think people are almost ignoring a quite possible future in favor of the present and relatively recent past. The SEC might be the best conference now but IF B1G expansion goes to 24 WITH the teams currently being speculated about then the B1G instantly claims that title in relation to "top to bottom" quality.

I don't think there would be programs left or even poachable Big 12 ones to begin to make up that difference either. Then they run the risk of being almost as top heavy as they are now for an even more prolonged time as a regional conference where your Arkys and Mississippi States and Kentuckys and Mizzous etc etc aren't ever REAL consistent threats.
I get what you are saying, and would of course take the top to bottom quality over not having it. But the narrative of best conference only changes with a run of CFP titles imo. Better to have a handful of power tops to get hardware than a handful of power bottoms to win out of conference games for the sake of record against non conference opponents and bad bowl game wins, if I have to choose one or the other.

In other words even if the B1G gets nice and deep with the talent, if they can't win 6 CFB titles over the next decade that narrative isn't likely to change if the SEC continues.

The SEC is what they are because they are the conference with the most good teams creating more competition vs higher level opponents. I think some folks should recognize that the B1G will be just as hyper competitive as the SEC after a building up period after expansion. The gap between the B1G and the SEC will close in due time after expansion when you have that amount of high level teams playing against one another with that type of conference pay outs.

Don't worry about the PERCEPTION of going first. On DMs, I have described about 8 or 10 reasons why this is happening as it is. Would you be bothered if we announce 5 minutes after F$U and Clemson?

I just don't want to lay it all out on the board. Lots of fascinating issues and reasons.

One I've already mentioned earlier in this thread.
I would assume the fact that the national media would turn us into the bad guy unlike the state schools has something to do with it. Not to mention they Free shoes and Clemson have been better programs for the last decade. They are wel liked comparatively to us.

Advertisement
While what you are saying is not untrue, Genetics was saying that you really need each school to bring 4.0 million of their own, regardless of opponent. THEN you can get up to those much larger numbers. And I do trust his math, but sometimes he is trying to make an esoteric point and it can be confusing.

Essentially, you need to bring a bulletproof 4.0 million viewers to the table. Then you're in the conversation.
Yes, though Miami essentially has been averaging that number on broadcast while also sucking for two decades. That is an accomplishment.

I would assume the fact that the national media would turn us into the bad guy unlike the state schools has something to do with it. Not to mention they Free shoes and Clemson have been better programs for the last decade. They are wel liked comparatively to us.

Like I said, there are quite a few reasons, including very valid political considerations.

Miami has the luxury of being in a solid position AND being able to move in silence, though some people get nervous about the silence.

Advertisement
Don't worry about the PERCEPTION of going first. On DMs, I have described about 8 or 10 reasons why this is happening as it is. Would you be bothered if we announce 5 minutes after F$U and Clemson?

I just don't want to lay it all out on the board. Lots of fascinating issues and reasons.

One I've already mentioned earlier in this thread.
Just to be clear, my DMs are open if you need a place to info dump. 👀😂 just kidding. Unless you gonna do it

Advertisement
See the Genetics/Cribby thing is why i dont believe him Genetics.

Cribby brings info infrequently, always legit but not everyday giving us updates. Because i would assume he isn't riding his sources everyday for an update and also because some stuff he knows he probably was asked not to share.

Genetics tweets 30 times a day like he is in the room with the decision makers. And then replies with let me check with my tv sources. Or let me reach out to my athletic department contacts out west to answer that. Who the **** would tell him anything if it ended up on twitter after he called them. And is he getting updates 30 times a day? Only thing ive seen him definitely report correctly was stuff that i read from a real journalist first (pac-12 tv deal, colorado leaving, arizona BOR meetong.). I dont know, im just skeptical of someone who talks how much they know while no one else seems to know ****.
Im certain he has big10 sources of a good level. I'm not saying more. Believe what you choose to.

Even great sources get things wrong. CEO's who have all the info of the company still get blindsided by people in their org, let alone changing circumstances.

BIg10 is apple. SEC is microsoft. No DM"s

Advertisement
Im certain he has big10 sources of a good level. I'm not saying more. Believe what you choose to.

Even great sources get things wrong. CEO's who have all the info of the company still get blindsided by people in their org, let alone changing circumstances.
@Genetics apparently worked at two of the b10 programs for several years and is very well connected with some high level execs at several programs. Has been very consistent in an environment in which things are "fluid".

Advertisement
Back