MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
He’s too busy getting gizzy wit it

Andy Samberg Movie Awards 2016 GIF

Advertisement
Haha just realized B1G will have to fix ‘24 schedule with the new Pac-12 additions and add ACC schools in ‘25 or ‘26

Advertisement
Advertisement
Since we're possibly heading into the final inning, I'll give my final prediction

BIG 10
- Full Share Add: Miami, FSU, and ND eventually
- Partial Share Add: 5 of Oregon, Washington, VTech, GTech, Stanford, UVA, and Cal.... I think All of these schools are deserving of at least 50% share. Cal could honestly probably be had at 25% share lol. I think all should have ability to increase their share possibly up to full based on performance.
- Future Potential Adds: A Texas and North Carolina School. Maybe try to steal some SEC flagship...
- Eventually will shift to a fully unequal distribution model, essentially creating a two or three tier Conference. Like I just can't be convinced Rutgers, Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois, Maryland, or Purdue are more valuable than Literally any school I listed above as new adds. Maybe Cal would be a toss up with them. But still they're all clearly a tier lower than the top of the conference.

SEC
- Full Share Add: UNC, Clemson
- Partial Share Add: Possibly 2 of Vtech, UVA, GTech, or NCSt. I think the SEC's contract with ESPN requires new additions to receive full shares, but idk. Maybe that's also tied to a certain amount of additions or certain schools though. IF they had to give full shares, I think the SEC would basically ONLY target ND, Miami, FSU, Clemson, UNC, and Maybe 1 Virginia school.
- Distant Future Potential Add: Louisville, OKSt, ?

Since we're possibly heading into the final inning, I'll give my final prediction

BIG 10
- Partial Share Add: 5 of Oregon, Washington, VTech, GTech, Stanford, UVA, and Cal.... I think All of these schools are deserving of at least 50% share. Cal could honestly probably be had at 25% share lol. I think all should have ability to increase their share possibly up to full based on performance.
- Future Potential Adds: A Texas and North Carolina School. Maybe try to steal some SEC flagship...
- Eventually will shift to a fully unequal distribution model, essentially creating a two or three tier Conference. Like I just can't be convinced Rutgers, Indiana, Northwestern, Illinois, Maryland, or Purdue are more valuable than Literally any school I listed above as new adds. Maybe Cal would be a toss up with them. But still they're all clearly a tier lower than the top of the conference.

SEC
- Partial Share Add: Possibly 2 of Vtech, UVA, GTech, or NCSt. I think the SEC's contract with ESPN requires new additions to receive full shares, but idk. Maybe that's also tied to a certain amount of additions or certain schools though. IF they had to give full shares, I think the SEC would basically ONLY target ND, Miami, FSU, Clemson, UNC, and Maybe 1 Virginia school.

1691118847877.png

Advertisement

BIG 10

SEC
Good luck getting B1G charter og school a lower cut or out totally.

Good luck getting B1G charter og school a lower cut or out totally.
I am talking long term here. But I definitely think it's possible if not likely that say the top 36 or so Football programs in the country break off entirely. And if that were to happen the vast majority of the TV money will go with them. Leading up to that, the same way the ACC suddenly approved an unequal distribution model, the Big10 could do the same. And it'd probably work for a little.
A lot of things are possible imo. Especially after players become employees and get paid directly. For top schools in football, I think we're past the need to be run by the NCAA... The NCAA is good right now for basketball and the rest.

Advertisement
Back