MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
@Genetics apparently worked at two of the b10 programs for several years and is very well connected with some high level execs at several programs. Has been very consistent in an environment in which things are "fluid".
People just don't understand that ALL information is "fluid" and can change quickly.

The more this drags out the more it looks like a desperate attempt by FSU to drum up interest. Wasn't an announcement supposed to come out by yesterday? This coupled with Rads comments about needing an invitation to the wedding makes me think the SEC said no thanks to expansion and FSU knew Miami and ND were working their way into the Big 10 so FSU decided to make a bunch of noice to generate interest and get people talking about FSU to tbe Big 10 before they got left holding the bag.

Advertisement

I assume this would be for x amount of years and until they become a full paid member.

Even without the full payout consideration, if they are currently being offered 20M a year, I can't see how an extra 15-20M wouldnt be enough to cover additional travel expenses. Plus, are they even going to still get 20M a year if a bunch more schools leave the PAC12? Seems like a no brainer to me.

The funny thing is this half or whatever percentage offer it is to Oregon and Washington, is literally what WE received last year from the ACC.
Shows the leverage Big10 has with PAC schools (have literally zero shot at a SEC invite, unlike us, FSU, Clemson, Unc, etc) and just how big of a difference the P2 will be financially...

Advertisement

Honestly, the B12 while they are helping to end the Pac.... are really actually not adding very good teams.
ESPN is only contractually obligated to add 4 schools at full payout, while Fox was contractually obligated to add 2 schools at full payout. ... They just spent 2 of those spots on Colorado and Arizona. Colorado is 89-152 (37% Win%), while Arizona is 104-136 (43% Win%).

Like at least spend those 4 guaranteed spots on programs that actually have a shot at being valuable. I guess it really just depends how confident they are that they'll have the money available when ACC schools come calling. Cause Lousiville, NCst, maybe even Duke for basketball, etc are all likely more valuable than Colorado and Arizona. I mean at least Arizona is good in basketball too...

Honestly, the B12 while they are helping to end the Pac.... are really actually not adding very good teams.
ESPN is only contractually obligated to add 4 schools at full payout, while Fox was contractually obligated to add 2 schools at full payout. ... They just spent 2 of those spots on Colorado and Arizona. Colorado is 89-152 (37% Win%), while Arizona is 104-136 (43% Win%).

Like at least spend those 4 guaranteed spots on programs that actually have a shot at being valuable. I guess it really just depends how confident they are that they'll have the money available when ACC schools come calling. Cause Lousiville, NCst, maybe even Duke for basketball, etc are all likely more valuable than Colorado and Arizona. I mean at least Arizona is good in basketball too...
Yeah but they’re conf commissioner is loud so he must be good

Advertisement
Back