MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
samuel l jackson idgaf GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Didn't say you did necessarily. Just stating the obvious.

Advertisement
And...because some people will need some exposition to walk through this...here we go...

PRELUDE: If anyone has the ESPN contract, feel free to post it.

So here's what Dot *** is alluding to, as well as more explicit proof that @NorthernVirginiaCane has been feeding you a line of bull****.

Until now, when anyone has read the "Grant of Rights", they have read the initial GOR from the 15 schools to the ACC. Fine. But as I've alluded to in the past (without actually seeing the ESPN contract, but based on my past reading of other TV contracts, such as those involving NASCAR), there is usually a second transfer of rights involved to make the TV deal. DOESN'T HAVE TO BE DONE in a conference-wide grant of rights. Big 10/SEC do not have GORs, but they still (SOMEHOW!!!) manage to sell their broadcast rights as a group.

But the ESPN offered the ACC some magic beans and required a GOR, so there we are. But if that fraudster @NorthernVirginiaCane had actually listened to the video that he linked in this thread, he would have heard Bubba ****ingham (UNC AD) talk about how the ACC then transferred the rights to ESPN.

OK, so what does it all mean?

Well, until now, some people have talked about how the ACC "dissolution" would put all of the ACC assets into trust. Meaning, just because we all vote to kill the ACC doesn't mean we all get our rights back. Ah, yes, grasshopper, but that was when some people assumed that the ACC owned those rights (under the original GOR). But...and hear me out...WHAT IF the ACC does not owned those rights, but transferred them to The Worldwide Leader? To quote the dopey @NorthernVirginiaCane ..."IRREVOCABLE"...

So now let's take another step. TWWLESPN owns our rights. But but but, with 4 teams leaving the conference, it allows dirt-poor ESPN to invoke another little-known codicil in the Faber College Constitution referred to as The Composition Clause. And if ESPN feels like New ACC is not sufficiently composed of OG ACC, then they can say "Fugg this, it's not what we signed up for." And whether the ACC ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY dissolves or not, if TWWLESPN invokes the Composition Clause to get out of the deal, then we start to re-open the floodgates.

AND AND AND, if ESPN still owns the rights, or kindly "gives back" the rights (outside of a "ACC-dissolution-assets-go-into-trust" nuclear option), OR OR OR if ESPN decides to repackage the rights of 4 teams into its...GASP...newly created "Fractional Big 10 Deal", then it's all up for negotiation and/or renegotiation.

Now, I am not promising or guaranteeing that UM and other schools will follow this roadmap to a T. But I'm pointing out...as I have for a year...that this "GOR nonsense" is WAAAAAY more complex than certain simpletons like @NorthernVirginiaCane have let on.

Me? I'm a lover, not a fighter. I'd love to see the ACC work out a deal where Miami And Friends can skip down the Yellow Brick Road to the Big 10, and the ACC can salvage what is left of their pride and rectums, and get back to the business of playing sports.

And this is one avenue. Wedge some "Composition Clause" down the throats of Tomacco Road and let them figure out how many Pac 12 schools to merge with.

Miami...OUT...

View attachment 248958
Explanation above is ok.

Would have been much stronger if you threw in a "peasant" here or there.

@RVACane knows whats up

In all.seripusness, you bring up a very strong point....what if ACC as a body no longer controls the GoR amd did assign it to another (e.g. ESPN)?

Bold move Cotton

Advertisement
Explanation above is ok.

Would have been much stronger if you threw in a "peasant" here or there.

@RVACane knows whats up

In all.seripusness, you bring up a very strong point....what if ACC as a body no longer controls the GoR amd did assign it to another (e.g. ESPN)?

Bold move Cotton

HA!

I was afraid that if I used "peasant", I would be sued for gimmick infringement. I think you own the term "peasant" due to a Grant of Rights agreement signed in 1372, and extended for 999 years by Ye Olde ESPN, The European Continentalwide Leader...

But, yes, I really really really wanna see that ESPN contract.

Advertisement
Yes but the idea that FSU isn't a B10 take because of "academics" isn't valid, and Clemson is also ranked much higher than some B10 programs and while not AAU accredited, is working to INCREASE research investments ... supposedly the most recent fiscal year budget is $300 million, a huge increase.
FSU academics is tied with UM in the most widely used metric for school rankings by the public.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back