MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

In other words.

Sales Rep (aka Pac 12): So anyways, we're really excited about this deal and can imagine you are as well Mr. CEOs. Check your inbox. You'll see the agreement. Let's get this taken care of right now so you can get back to focusing on your business operations.

Schools (aka CEOs): Wow. Really informative stuff. We can tell you worked really hard on this. Thanks so much. We're going to run this by the rest of our team and get back to you soon.

Sales Rep: Is there anything you're concerned about? How about this? We have a brand new August promo that I wasn't supposed to share out. If you sign right now, we'll give you the first month free.

Schools: Wow, really enticing. We're DEFINITELY interested but we just need to make sure we run this by our wives first. Again, we really like what we see but just give us a few days to mull this over.

Sales Rep: I understand. How does a follow-up meeting tomorrow at 10am sound to you?

Schools: We'll need more time. We'll get back to you when we're ready.

Advertisement
I thought someone mentioned it in this thread. Then I read it again on the Twitter/ X or whatever it’s called.
I might be losing my mind also.. who knows

Don't sweat it.

I would also point out...

STATE SCHOOLS have to go through a longer process of approval, sometimes getting the backing of politicians, depending on how the state oversight is set up.

Miami, as a private school, can give you its answer now, Senator...

Advertisement
In other words.

Sales Rep (aka Pac 12): So anyways, we're really excited about this deal and can imagine you are as well Mr. CEOs. Check your inbox. You'll see the agreement. Let's get this taken care of right now so you can get back to focusing on your business operations.

Schools (aka CEOs): Wow. Really informative stuff. We can tell you worked really hard on this. Thanks so much. We're going to run this by the rest of our team and get back to you soon.

Sales Rep: Is there anything you're concerned about? How about this? We have a brand new August promo that I wasn't supposed to share out. If you sign right now, we'll give you the first month free.

Schools: Wow, really enticing. We're DEFINITELY interested but we just need to make sure we run this by our wives first. Again, we really like what we see but just give us a few days to mull this over.

Sales Rep: I understand. How does a follow-up meeting tomorrow at 10am sound to you?

Schools: We'll need more time. We'll get back to you when we're ready.
That poor rookie, “a maybe is a no.”

You are the same person saying our recruiting is going fine as we move on to back up plans and whiff on guy after guy. I have a hard time believing anything you say at this point.
samuel l jackson idgaf GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Advertisement
Zero chance UNC would want to be at the front of the line to kill the ACC. Do they secretly want to? Sure. Do they want the public backlash within their own state that comes with it? Absolutely not.

The ACC is their conference, they'll leave if everything falls apart but they are not going to be a part of the first wave. If FSU/Clemson/Miami leave they have the most to gain as the top of the conference in football, and the co-kings of the basketball conference still with all their Tobacco Road influence.
Nobody cares about what's next for their conference over what's best for their school.

There is no such things as an ACC fan.. there are UNC, Duke, UVA, GT, Miami etc fans who root for the ACC. But nobody chooses their conference over their favorite school.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back