MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Well with that much money at stake there will be winners and losers, and the losers aren't going quietly.

The reporting on the big 12 media deal is very poor. Nobody has seen the details on the new contract and speculation the UT/Oklahoma exit fees are inflating the numbers, which is my guess. TBD. Point is, the acc leftovers aren't voting to dissolve without a large large check.
???? So??? There are always negotiations in order to modify agreements and establish new directions. Happens every day. Nobody is going to sit by for 7-10-13 years waiting simply due to a messed up agreement that never should have been signed. I expect that there will be ACC teams playing in a new conference possibly as early as 2026.

the issue is i dont believe the conference will ever dissolve. theyll find schools to replace those who leave and not every ACC member school has another home. id expect to see the AAC schools invited into the ACC if the big time ACC schools leave
It's a possibility but do you really think schools like Dook would stay in a conference with the likes of UNC...Charlotte or University of Alabama....Birmingham?

I think one thing that kinda* works in the favor of total dissolution is that a few of the ACC schools potentially left out in the cold are pretty much traditional hoops schools (Dook, Wake, Cuse, etc). So rather than remain in a hodgepodge ACC they might feel inclined to try to form a hoops conference OR all go to a desperate Big 12 and have that be a hoops heavy conference.

It's a possibility but do you really think schools like Dook would stay in a conference with the likes of UNC...Charlotte or University of Alabama....Birmingham?

I think one thing that kinda* works in the favor of total dissolution is that a few of the ACC schools potentially left out in the cold are pretty much traditional hoops schools (Dook, Wake, Cuse, etc). So rather than remain in a hodgepodge ACC they might feel inclined to try to form a hoops conference OR all go to a desperate Big 12 and have that be a hoops heavy conference.
Absolutely. The B12 wants to be THE BB conference. Could easily see Louisville, Syracuse and Duke in the B12, maybe even BC and Pitt.

Actually just saw all those guys at a comedy festival. How come you said you don't like giving him clicks?

It's Kreischer specifically with me. FSU combined with I just find his shtick to be played out. I'm that way with most comedians that end up with a lot of wife/kids material in their repertoire once they start to age too. I've just always found Kreischer limited overall though too.

Comedy is obviously subjective and tastes can be inconsistent because I like other guys in his orbit like Von and Segura in doses. Soooo maybe it is just because his whole reason for fame is the shtick that started at FSU is what does it for me.

Advertisement
Well with that much money at stake there will be winners and losers, and the losers aren't going quietly.

The reporting on the big 12 media deal is very poor. Nobody has seen the details on the new contract and speculation the UT/Oklahoma exit fees are inflating the numbers, which is my guess. TBD. Point is, the acc leftovers aren't voting to dissolve without a large large check.
Are you saying the reporting itself is very poor, or the B1G 12 media deal is very poor ?

???? So??? There are always negotiations in order to modify agreements and establish new directions. Happens every day. Nobody is going to sit by for 7-10-13 years waiting simply due to a messed up agreement that never should have been signed. I expect that there will be ACC teams playing in a new conference possibly as early as 2026.
We will see. I doubt it. Legal argument is too much an obstacle.

Advertisement
How many?

If 8 teams vote to dissolve the ACC, I don't give two ***** what the other 7 do. They can change their name to the AAACC for all I care (All American Athletic Collegiate Conference, thus insuring that they remain at the top of the alphabetical list of conferences).

It doesn't mean that the old ACC continues on. Just because there are ready, willing, and able suckers looking to be "promoted" to a fake/meaningless "P5 status" doesn't mean much of anything.

You need to kill the conference to kill everything that goes along with it. GOR. The "ND must join the ACC" clause. The below-market TV rights deal. The Irish Potato Peeler ads.

The "not as magnificent seven" can choose to let us be free, or they can make things difficult and be left with NOTHING.

Pick your poison.
I honestly dont care what happens to anyone else as long as Miami is gone from the acc and into the b10. I dont even care if we have to pay to make it happen. the school has plenty of money to waste (proven so).

I personally dont care which 8 remain lol. I was just saying I dont think the conference itself dissolves, it just becomes some BS elevated g5

Advertisement
I personally dont care which 8 remain lol. I was just saying I dont think the conference itself dissolves, it just becomes some BS elevated g5
Gotcha. I just don't think it'll behoove enough to schools TO stay and to try to make it work. Disirregardless of whatever 8 it might be of the "less desirables".

Every time you post, you demonstrate how little you know, and how much you are parroting worst-case and doomsday scenarios.

Majority vote to dissolve. It's been discussed for hundreds of pages.

As for all of your knowledge on "assets and liabilities" and "lawsuits to block" and whatnot, I'm sure that Dan Radakovich would thank you for your input and then usher you out of his office.

Oh, and your passive-aggressive bull**** was REALLY obvious in the last sentence..."which is why nothing will happen until the early 2030s". Yeah? You mean a year or two before the GOR ends anyhow? FUGGIN' GENIUS, you are.

I realize you are changing up your schtick, and acting SLIGHTLY LESS CERTAIN with your negativity (until your last sentence gives you away), but you really need to stop posting your lies.

Thanks for nothing, which is exactly what you provide to this board.
Ignore northern ******. Southern ****** is better

Advertisement
We will see. I doubt it. Legal argument is too much an obstacle.
I See You Soccer GIF by UEFA

R GIF by Rega Marketing

Hey You Movie GIF by Bad Boys For Life

make love humping GIF

Idiot Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back