MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I want to see Miami play for a state championship every year.
@ Florida, vs. FSU
The following year
@ FSU, vs. Florida
I wonder if we go to the Big10 (my preference), would this ever be possible?

Advertisement
@ Florida, vs. FSU
The following year
@ FSU, vs. Florida
Not a chance in **** is Florida going to suddenly change

Still dropping "Joe Knew" is always very satisfying with that crew.

I don't really like giving Kreischer clicks but this was funny:

Actually just saw all those guys at a comedy festival. How come you said you don't like giving him clicks?

Advertisement
If fsu and Clemson goto the sec and unc does to but the big grabs Oregon, Washington and miami that’s a huge media market reach.

LA, Seattle, Chicago, NYC, Miami Media market…
According to the guy who follows the B10 closely ... Oregon and Washington would be AFTER the B10 makes the next move with the ACC. His opinion based on comments he has heard from inside B10 programs is that the next expansion move for the B10 will be up to 4 programs from the ACC. The most important market geographically is the SE including Florida. His opinion is that it is ND and Miami ... then ?? FSU has an offer from the B10 but will they go SEC instead? Along with Clemson? UNC reportedly prefers the SEC ... will the SEC take 4 programs (Clemson, FSU, UNC and UVA)? That would leave the B10 taking ND, Miami, and ?? Va Tech and Ga Tech? The B10 would ideally like to have ND, Miami, FSU and UNC but FSU and UNC have options. Getting 8 programs to simultaneously vote takes some back room bartering. That is why the legal action of potentially defeating the GOR for a few programs could be vital for THEM to make a move, leaving a weaker ACC conference in tact, if the 8 votes aren't there to dissolve.

"Dissolving the ACC Conference" has been discussed for months as one tactic. Takes a simple majority vote ... 8 programs that would have to have confirmed landing places in other conferences. They vote to dissolve the conference and THEORETICALLY the GOR is no longer an enforceable document as the GOR is between the ACC Conference and ESPN. ESPN is going to argue that the conference transferred the rights to ESPN and therefore the programs are individually obligated until the termination date in 2036. That is where the attorneys come to play. There would be no $120 million dollar exit fee payable to the ACC ... and theoretically the GOR is no longer enforceable as there is no longer a conference. Opinions vary on that.
I think the thread can end right here.

At some point, ESPN will realize that if schools like Clemson, FSU, Miami, etc were to join the SEC the games involving those schools vs SEC schools will be infinitely more valuable than those schools vs other ACC schools. ESPN maybe the one to eventual end the GOR agreement.

Advertisement
maybe dumb question, but if these teams bolt the ACC, and the ACC crumbles, do we even owe them money? How do you pay an entity that doesn't exist anymore?
the issue is i dont believe the conference will ever dissolve. theyll find schools to replace those who leave and not every ACC member school has another home. id expect to see the AAC schools invited into the ACC if the big time ACC schools leave

@ Florida, vs. FSU
The following year
@ FSU, vs. Florida

The ACC constitution and by-laws are available online. They are silent regarding dissolving the conference, but amending requires a 3/4 vote (including adding or expelling conference members). So to dissolve do you need to amend the by-laws and constitution, which would require a 3/4 vote? Or if silent on the procedure for dissolving the conference, could you just dissolve the conference with a simple majority vote? And if you dissolve, what happens to the assets? Assets and contracts of non-stock entities don't disappear/void on dissolution, they go to the directors/members. If a simple majority attempted to dissolve the conference, there would be a lawsuits to block, which would be tied up in the courts for years. No easy answers here which is why nothing will happen until the early 2030s.

The ACC constitution and by-laws are available online. They are silent regarding dissolving the conference, but amending requires a 3/4 vote (including adding or expelling conference members). So to dissolve do you need to amend the by-laws and constitution, which would require a 3/4 vote? Or if silent on the procedure for dissolving the conference, could you just dissolve the conference with a simple majority vote? And if you dissolve, what happens to the assets? Assets and contracts of non-stock entities don't disappear/void on dissolution, they go to the directors/members. If a simple majority attempted to dissolve the conference, there would be a lawsuits to block, which would be tied up in the courts for years. No easy answers here which is why nothing will happen until the early 2030s.
Disagree. There is too much $$$$ resting on the realignment and subsequent "Rolls Royce Programming" of top programs against top programs. The media partners are very interested in the realignment taking place and I would expect some back room bartering taking place to make things happen much sooner. You mention the "simple majority" required ... but those voting might very well exceed the 8 required for simple majority. If 10 or 12 programs vote to dissolve how much leverage will the others have to even attempt legal action?

Advertisement
Disagree. There is too much $$$$ resting on the realignment and subsequent "Rolls Royce Programming" of top programs against top programs. The media partners are very interested in the realignment taking place and I would expect some back room bartering taking place to make things happen much sooner. You mention the "simple majority" required ... but those voting might very well exceed the 8 required for simple majority. If 10 or 12 programs vote to dissolve how much leverage will the others have to even attempt legal action?
Well with that much money at stake there will be winners and losers, and the losers aren't going quietly.

The reporting on the big 12 media deal is very poor. Nobody has seen the details on the new contract and speculation the UT/Oklahoma exit fees are inflating the numbers, which is my guess. TBD. Point is, the acc leftovers aren't voting to dissolve without a large large check.

Every time you post, you demonstrate how little you know, and how much you are parroting worst-case and doomsday scenarios.

Majority vote to dissolve. It's been discussed for hundreds of pages.

As for all of your knowledge on "assets and liabilities" and "lawsuits to block" and whatnot, I'm sure that Dan Radakovich would thank you for your input and then usher you out of his office.

Oh, and your passive-aggressive bull**** was REALLY obvious in the last sentence..."which is why nothing will happen until the early 2030s". Yeah? You mean a year or two before the GOR ends anyhow? FUGGIN' GENIUS, you are.

I realize you are changing up your schtick, and acting SLIGHTLY LESS CERTAIN with your negativity (until your last sentence gives you away), but you really need to stop posting your lies.

Thanks for nothing, which is exactly what you provide to this board.

Last edited:
Advertisement
"I'm not sure you, or anybody else on this board has any real credible insight into possible conference movement for Miami..."
Not so fast friend...

Certainly wide variance on timing, but don't be surprised if/when Miami ends up Big10.

Recent AAU designation screams it.

the issue is i dont believe the conference will ever dissolve. theyll find schools to replace those who leave and not every ACC member school has another home. id expect to see the AAC schools invited into the ACC if the big time ACC schools leave

How many?

If 8 teams vote to dissolve the ACC, I don't give two ***** what the other 7 do. They can change their name to the AAACC for all I care (All American Athletic Collegiate Conference, thus insuring that they remain at the top of the alphabetical list of conferences).

It doesn't mean that the old ACC continues on. Just because there are ready, willing, and able suckers looking to be "promoted" to a fake/meaningless "P5 status" doesn't mean much of anything.

You need to kill the conference to kill everything that goes along with it. GOR. The "ND must join the ACC" clause. The below-market TV rights deal. The Irish Potato Peeler ads.

The "not as magnificent seven" can choose to let us be free, or they can make things difficult and be left with NOTHING.

Pick your poison.

Well with that much money at stake there will be winners and losers, and the losers aren't going quietly.

The reporting on the big 12 media deal is very poor. Nobody has seen the details on the new contract and speculation the UT/Oklahoma exit fees are inflating the numbers, which is my guess. TBD. Point is, the acc leftovers aren't voting to dissolve without a large large check.
No chance we are in the ACC in 2030. The gap between ACC and the P2 will be so massive we cannot afford to stay. The schools committed to football (Miami, FSU, Clemson, etc) would be at an enormous competitive disadvantage to stay in the ACC. Facilities, recruiting budgets, coaches salaries, etc would be non-competitive.

Advertisement
Back