MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
So, he should say University of Miami every time?

WTF will they say for the first game?

University of Miami - Miami University every time?
Just Miami. The only people following his fat *** on Twitter are college football fans. There is no way the B1G is considering Miami of ******* Ohio to join their league. He’s being a low key douche by saying it the way he is. As if both universities are on the same level.

The B1G is announcing their football schedule plans for just 2024 and 2025. Pretty interesting that they’re not going beyond two years. ND’s TV contract is up and 2026 is the earliest ACC teams could conceivably join the conference.

Advertisement
Yes, but the reality is...there's a difference beween making ONE or two exceptions, and making five exceptions.

Miami and Notre Dame helped themselves tremendously with AAU membership.

And the SEEMING "next up" status of F$U for AAU membership helps as well.

AAU membership is still incredibly important for the Big 10, and Nebraska's history is complicated.
Brent McMumfrey knows this too but is just playing dumb to generate some lazy content. That's simply not the way actual administrators talk. They wouldn't issue a blanket statement saying AAU status is mandatory for the conference (even if it essentially is) as they always want wiggle room just to have wiggle room.

Big10 guys not going to call Miami UM. Michigan is squatting on that for decades

get used to it
"U of M" is probably the most popular but those goofs think they own the right to every combination. Disirregardless, I could care less and am fine with letting them have every version since they basically reside full-time in the long ago past in relation to real program achievements. And for US to say someone is living in the past means they REALLY are WAY back there.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane curious, what's your take on Washington? We're not hearing a ton of interest from the B1G, at least compared to other schools. They get the second most federal funding for research in the entire country - behind only JHU. They're easily a top 6 football brand not currently in the SEC/B1G, at least imo. They're definitely top 6 in terms of TV ratings. I get why UNC seems attractive, but I feel like Washington checks all the same boxes, but better.

Is it just location wise they won't join the SEC, and right now we're only hearing about the programs that both conferences have an interest in?
It's funny that you mentioned Hopkins as they're already in the B1G. Kinda.

GIF by Michigan Athletics

Thank you again for the detailed reply.

That all makes sense. I do think B1G would have been better off adding USC/Washington or USC/Oregon instead of USC/UCLA. Obviously USC is near ND in terms of program status, so I think they had the leverage to demand their cross town rival be added in a package deal. Thats how I interpreted the UCLA add, a favor to USC more than anything. Maybe I'm incorrect, but just how I assess program strength in UCLA vs Oregon/Washington. USC clearly towers above all of them.
The "appeal" factor of Washington just isn't there. Apparently they are a rock star brand in the Pac NW but whenever I see a Washington game listed to me it is as appealing as Rutgers. No interest. From all I have read they have been vetted and approved but put way on back burner until the dust settles regarding the "pending" ACC demise. From a media programming point of view the Big 10 just sees (as does their networks), I believe, much more value in several of the ACC programs for the next expansion ... if they are in fact able to blow up the ACC.

No one seems inclined to adding teams to the ACC nor if adding would alter the financial agreement? If ND became a full fledged ACC member the ACC would be more appealing. I don't understand why adding isn't applicable? Get ND, Cincinnati, WVU, try to get Rutgers for the NY area, maybe UCF?
The ACC is dead. The sooner people realize that the better.

I dont know how accurate that Genetics person on Twitter is, but they have been heavily hinting that ND to the B1G is happening sooner rather than later, with some things announcing today or in the next few days signaling it.

Just now, ND's AD announced he is stepping down in 2024 and will be replaced by NBC Sports Chairman and some people are suggesting this will be tied to their move. Just something to keep an eye on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The B1G is announcing their football schedule plans for just 2024 and 2025. Pretty interesting that they’re not going beyond two years. ND’s TV contract is up and 2026 is the earliest ACC teams could conceivably join the conference.

Bookmark my prediction

Before CFB kicks off in 2024, Miami to BigTen will be announced with a 2026 season start

Combine this with us going back to Nike and things are looking up

Colorado Board of Regents Special Meeting for tomorrow morning has been canceled..

Haven't read reason behind cancellation yet..

Sure buddy..

So, the head of NBC Sports is a ND alum? And people think the ACC self-dealing is problematic...

Here's a question for Mr. Bevacqua...

Is his former employer willing to pay his current employer anywhere from 3 to 5 times the current broadcast price FOR SEVEN GAMES in order to insure that Notre Dame remains "different"?

I don't mind if Notre Dame is "different", as long as that means they are also "poor".

Advertisement
Back