MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
ESPN is not going to try to help the SEC raid the ACC. They already own that inventory.

Why would you take a school you're paying $30M and help it work its way to a conference where you would have to pay $70M for the same asset

I don't know if you guys know this but before they go on shows like that they're told to disagree and say things that are controversial so that the video gets shared. Two old guys agreeing about things is not going to get views.

Advertisement
Why this mad dog dude so butt hurt? He went to ND? 😂

I do A LOT of ****-talkin the American South and the SEC around here because it's moar relevant to CFB but mannnnn is Russo (and everything about Mike & The Mad Dog) emblematic of my hatred of manyyyy aspects of NYC too.

Best part?

"Alabama and Miami on a Saturday night? Nobody is gonna watch that!!!"

ESPN is not going to try to help the SEC raid the ACC. They already own that inventory.

Why would you take a school you're paying $30M and help it work its way to a conference where you would have to pay $70M for the same asset
Its not going to matter what espn wants when the ACC breaks up which it will. At some point its more expensive to stay than to leave and that time is coming fast. Also the Grant of Rights is a separate contract between the schools of the acc. Not the same as the tv contract with ESPN. Miami will leave as soon as they have a landing spot, they will fight the GoR as having no consideration and therefore a unenforceable contract..... But just long enough for the ACC to fall apart as everyone else tries to leave. If enough leave Miami begins play in their new conference having no ACC left to pay, if not they settle for a fraction of the actual value of their rights because nobody wants a 10 year legal battle and the schools stuck in the nearly defunct acc cant afford to keep fighting it and will take any cash they can. The very short and nonspecific language of the GoR means its a long legal battle for either side to win and time isnt on the conferences side. Anybody leaving and challenging it, effectively kills the acc and starts a mass exodus by the most valuable properties in the conference. ESPN will do what they can to keep from losing those properties to fox or cbs or amazon prime even. So having the SEC snag them might be the better business decision than trying to have the acc stay alive on the cheap causing everyone to want out.

don't have the time to read through 110 pages so.. is Miami/Clemson to SEC or B1G still a done deal?
Nobody is doing anything unless ND decides to commit to a conference or until an ACC team is ready to challenge the GOR. Latest news is ND could commit to a conference if they don't hit 75M on their new NBC deal in 2025.

I don't know if you guys know this but before they go on shows like that they're told to disagree and say things that are controversial so that the video gets shared. Two old guys agreeing about things is not going to get views.
This is absolutely true but in super rare instances like Skip Bayless and effing Russo here they actually DO believe their own insanity. Everyone else is essentially told to react against it. It's why you saw even Pawllll going at him hard in our defense.

Advertisement

Because you would make A LOT MORE MONEY broadcasting games of Miami vs Tennessee; Miami vs Georgia; etc. than Miami vs Syracuse.

Nobody is doing anything unless ND decides to commit to a conference or until an ACC team is ready to challenge the GOR. Latest news is ND could commit to a conference if they don't hit 75M on their new NBC deal in 2025.
UM, Clemson and FSU aren't sitting around waiting for ND to make a decision. You can be sure that Radakovich is working hard on getting a deal done.

UM, Clemson and FSU aren't sitting around waiting for ND to make a decision. You can be sure that Radakovich is working hard on getting a deal done.

What if B1G and SEC both say, we are waiting on ND to make a decision? I believe ND has two more years on current NBC deal. Puts everyone in wait & see mode.

Advertisement
What if B1G and SEC both say, we are waiting on ND to make a decision? I believe ND has two more years on current NBC deal. Puts everyone in wait & see mode.
ND's current media contract runs through 2025. The entire football world isn't going to sit around for 3 years for sure ... they are currently negotiating to try and renew their media agreement for $75 million a year ... but the numbers don't work without "partnering" in some manner with one of the Big 12 or Pac 12 and so far no interest. As a pair Clemson and UM could strike a deal and go. Then let ND get paired with another program when they finally reach a decision.

*****….. they can agree on *****

Advertisement
B1G & SEC would sit around.. really does adding ND increase their TV deal? Does Miami and Clemson??
Just read a comment that was made by Dan Patrick ... said that USC has been told that once they join the conference "no more games with ND" and apparently the BIG will make that a policy with ND until they join a conference. Entertaining for sure.

I do A LOT of ****-talkin the American South and the SEC around here because it's moar relevant to CFB but mannnnn is Russo (and everything about Mike & The Mad Dog) emblematic of my hatred of manyyyy aspects of NYC too.

Best part?

"Alabama and Miami on a Saturday night? Nobody is gonna watch that!!!"
Notice how Paul was like nah, I'll let you yell it out... let the dumb *** fool yell it out. In turn, makes you look smarter 100% of the time.

Advertisement
Back