MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Just read a comment that was made by Dan Patrick ... said that USC has been told that once they join the conference "no more games with ND" and apparently the BIG will make that a policy with ND until they join a conference. Entertaining for sure.
Love it but no worries for the Irish. They're counting on getting $75 mil/yr for nationally televised games vs the Naval Academy with K-State vs Texas Tech as the lead-in game.

NBC gonna break the bank for THAT!

Advertisement
Just read a comment that was made by Dan Patrick ... said that USC has been told that once they join the conference "no more games with ND" and apparently the BIG will make that a policy with ND until they join a conference. Entertaining for sure.

So ND might lose 1-2 games a year not playing B1G schools. Easy to fill those spots honestly.

B1G & SEC would sit around.. really does adding ND increase their TV deal? Does Miami and Clemson??
These are good questions. Got to think the ACC southeast corridor has to look more attractive to the B1G than the SEC in terms of gaining markets and new recruiting grounds. They already trying to be a national conference going to Cali, can't see them neglecting the southeast completely unless the SEC were to lock them out picking up all the major programs.

Harder to say with the SEC, it's all about major brands being ranked high enough for ESPN to sell ad revenue. Clemson and Miami probably do that better than any other ACC programs, but you'd have to think they might want a couple punching bags as well since you can't be adding Texas, OU, Clemson, and Miami and expect everyone to pack stadiums and build fan interest built on losing records from difficulty of schedule.

Advertisement
ESPN is not going to try to help the SEC raid the ACC. They already own that inventory.

Why would you take a school you're paying $30M and help it work its way to a conference where you would have to pay $70M for the same asset
I thought the way you did, but if ESPN can kill the ACC, dump the 10 schools that bring no value, and kill the ACCN costs, they might end up more profitable, even if top line revenue goes down (which it may not, match ups with current SEC teams could multiply value of the ACC teams) as costs will drop.

Advertisement
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Dan Patrick said he has a "source" that told him that the Irish are slow playing everyone. As a result the B1G has its sights on Miami and UNC because of multiple factors including TV sets. The SEC wants Clemson and FSU. He thinks that is the next wave.............
Everyone is trying to out-do one another and be the first to provide breaking news in what would be a cataclysmic shift in the college football landscape.

It’s becoming so stupid.

Because you would make A LOT MORE MONEY broadcasting games of Miami vs Tennessee; Miami vs Georgia; etc. than Miami vs Syracuse.
Bingo. You can charge advertisers a lot more for a 30 second commercial in a UM vs Florida game than UM vs VaTech

There is also value in blocking B1G aka FOX from getting in the South Florida market.

I do A LOT of ****-talkin the American South and the SEC around here because it's moar relevant to CFB but mannnnn is Russo (and everything about Mike & The Mad Dog) emblematic of my hatred of manyyyy aspects of NYC too.

Best part?

"Alabama and Miami on a Saturday night? Nobody is gonna watch that!!!"
I actually used to enjoy Mad Dog when he was on the FAN. He would ham it up for sure and be theatrical, but he was decent before he sold out. Francesa was the unbearable boob of the duet back in the day and became a complete a$$ when he was on his own.

Haven’t listened to Russo in over 15 years. I hope he doesn’t really believe what he said. If so he needs to hang it up.

Advertisement
I actually used to enjoy Mad Dog when he was on the FAN. He would ham it up for sure and be theatrical, but he was decent before he sold out. Francesa was the unbearable boob of the duet back in the day and became a complete a$$ when he was on his own.

Haven’t listened to Russo in over 15 years. I hope he doesn’t really believe what he said. If so he needs to hang it up.
First time I hear that stickbug speak. Hope is the last.

This is the segment I saw. Dude has some deep hatred for Miami. He even had finebaum shaking his head

It stood out to me that Finebaum responded how he did. I rarely, if ever, see that man defend Miami. SEC is ESPN's baby, and Finebaum is their #1 cheerleader. He was defending Miami as if they were already playing the SEC east.

Advertisement
Love it but no worries for the Irish. They're counting on getting $75 mil/yr for nationally televised games vs the Naval Academy with K-State vs Texas Tech as the lead-in game.

NBC gonna break the bank for THAT!
That's the issue .... NBC already said the numbers don't work .... unless some sort of creative partnering can be worked out with the Big 12 / Pac 12. So it looks like that money WILL NOT happen. They are going to be forced to join a conference.

It stood out to me that Finebaum responded how he did. I rarely, if ever, see that man defend Miami. SEC is ESPN's baby, and Finebaum is their #1 cheerleader. He was defending Miami as if they were already playing the SEC east.

It wasn't so much Miami that he was defending it was "Mario Cristobal who is highly regarded in the State of Alabama and would be a likely successor to Nick Saban".

Advertisement
Back