MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Somebody posted on the Warchant realignment thread that he has a friend who has reliable information from a contact who has a solid rep that Miami has an invite from both the SEC and B10 if the ACC implodes. That is a new one - stuff is all over the spectrum of possibilities.
Id be shocked if the SEC wanted us. It doesn’t line up with what I was told on the topic, but my info is old with regard to SEC thinking. Still think the BIG is where we end up.

Why do you focus on "25%" as what UM would be offered as a partial share? Simply to support your "B12 is better" agenda?
Because he is completely dug in and believes he is right. He only see’s the things that support his agenda and looks right past the things that don’t.

You and others have discussed this with him and you are wasting your breath on someone who is completely dug in. Do yourselves a favor a skip right past his posts like I do.

B10 does want to expand and Miami DOES offer a lot of value in market, currently 3rd most viewed program in the ACC over the past 20 years, currently the 3rd rated team in the ACC with "games viewed by 4 million and over viewers" for that same period. Miami is a rival of FSU, has a history of rivalry with Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, and for OOC scheduling ND vs Miami is a ratings monster. There is also the fact that Miami is AAU accredited and (according to articles I have read) is desired by several of the Big 10 presidents. Throw in the recruiting and the prospect that by bringing in Miami the national B10 could over take the SEC. I believe it will be 2026 before teams are added regardless of when they declare their intention to leave the ACC, so that gives us THIS season ... and 2025 to demonstrate that "Miami is back ... to some degree", which WILL HELP. And ... Miami isn't "out of options" as you have pointed out repeatedly ... there is always the B12 ... and I believe the B10 would ONLY want to bring in new members who receive enough $$$ to be able to have sufficient income to invest and be relevant.
Goodness, Miami sounds like the chick who is "just bangable enough", but there are hotter options in the bar that we could bang.

Id be shocked if the SEC wanted us. It doesn’t line up with what I was told on the topic, but my info is old with regard to SEC thinking. Still think the BIG is where we end up.
IF ESPN brokers FSU + Clemson to SEC, B1G would likely have to counter with FL presence of Miami (and possibly others).

Also, FSU Alford's messaging to all parties via Matt Barker's twitter feed makes things a touch more interesting...

Advertisement
Id be shocked if the SEC wanted us

I don't see it, either, unless ESPN really, really, really wanted it to happen and Sankey caved.

SEC would be the best thing for UM Athletics since title belt No. 5, but the B1G would still be a million times better than our current home

IF ESPN brokers FSU + Clemson to SEC, B1G would likely have to counter with FL presence of Miami (and possibly others).

Also, FSU Alford's messaging to all parties via Matt Barker's twitter feed makes things a touch more interesting...

“Have to counter with Miami”

Why would they HAVE TO? I understand the WANTS TO (if it makes $ense) but SEC is the one that HAS TO. B10 doesn’t have to do ANYTHING. If they want to LEAVE MIAMI because it’s dilutive, it is what it is. Not sure where the line of DEMARCATION is going to be.

Goodness, Miami sounds like the chick who is "just bangable enough", but there are hotter options in the bar that we could bang.

We're the former "10" who's convinced she's still a solid "8" but realistically is more of a North Florida "6"

So, yeah, like you said, "just bangable enough" for the corn-fed decision-makers in the Big Ten

Advertisement
Per David Hale, update on UNC situation with BOT and AD Bubba Cunningham:

So quick update on UNC…- AD Bubba Cunningham left spring meetings early to shore up support- the budget deficits the BoT is upset with were remnants from COVID and the department’s decision not to cut or mothball sports. It’s been a part of future budgets for years but was told board members “have questions they haven’t gotten answers to” and the audit is simply fiduciary due diligence.- there will be a BoT meeting tomorrow where Cunningham will need to address budget concerns but I’m told by multiple sources close to the board that Cunningham is not expected to be fired.- several sources I spoke to expressed surprise the topic of a lawsuit to exit the ACC was brought up and there is not widespread support on the board to go that route now. Any lawsuit would also require approval of university system governors. - Jim Phillips called lawsuit talk “campus politics” and said he has heard nothing from UNC about a potential exit.

Why would they HAVE TO? I understand the WANTS TO (if it makes $ense) but SEC is the one that HAS TO. B10 doesn’t have to do ANYTHING. If they want to LEAVE MIAMI because it’s dilutive, it is what it is. Not sure where the line of DEMARCATION is going to be.
Hence is why I mention would likely have to counter with.

B1G could do nothing as well, or could even take another FL team.

All are possible COAs with long lasting consequences.

I happen to think their best COA under the FSU + Clemson to SEC scenario is taking the territory of Miami. It's just how my military brain approaches problems, for better or worse.

BOSS MOVE: Sankey takes FSU + Clemson + Miami into SEC just to show everybody "just cuz I can do it ******* out of spite". I wouldn't discount this either.

Advertisement

B1G population and demographics, minus LA market are shrinking, not growing.

B12 has more prospects for long-term growth from these context than does B1G...and I bet Yormark knows it.

Probably mute because superleague will bust all the conferences open in 2030s anyways.

Because he is completely dug in and believes he is right. He only see’s the things that support his agenda and looks right past the things that don’t.

You and others have discussed this with him and you are wasting your breath on someone who is completely dug in. Do yourselves a favor a skip right past his posts like I do.

I see critical thinking is not one of your strong suits. I have no agenda. I interpret data. If it’s bad news , I explain why. I’m not a weak minded man-baby with a neckbeard who cries and calls people a troll when they says something I don’t like, especially when the person explains how they arrived at the conclusion. unfortunately halfwit man-baby neckbeards seems to make up a sizable portion of this site. Turns out I have interpreted the data correctly. Flo basically confirmed what I predicted, so I assume you think he has an agenda as well.

Somebody posted on the Warchant realignment thread that he has a friend who has reliable information from a contact who has a solid rep that Miami has an invite from both the SEC and B10 if the ACC implodes. That is a new one - stuff is all over the spectrum of possibilities.
Andre The Giant No GIF

Advertisement
Back