College football needs Miami to be great again.

The two teams who invest the most $ in buying players are making it into the championship game. Until this stops, nothing will change.
Has UGA (and Bama for that matter) outspent Texas A&M since Jimbo the Cuck got to College Station?

If A&M a lock to get to the title game in the next 2-3 years?

Cause they all in right now

Advertisement
Post ofb
Like it or not, it also needs USC, Texas, and a few others to return as well. Competition at the sport’s highest echelon is fools gold until then.

This year’s championship game will once more be boring mud match between two bloated sisters. We can **** and moan about the way they’ve gamed the system to ensure the best players and the brightest minds are funneled into their antebellum-loving campuses, but the truth is they were just dedicated to victory. It just meant more. (Please excuse the gurgling sounds of sugar cookies and red wine passing back up through my throat and into the tinsel-laden trash can beside me).

College football has no true spoiler anymore. It lacks the terror of an upstart, for no school has the usurper gene. Miami is the progenitor of the usurper gene, we are the firstborn of our kind. We are the original Bane, the school from another dimension, the assassin in Stratego, the Strider of Lord of the Rings. We are Boba Fett saying to Vader, “He’s no good to me dead,” Leonidas facing down Xerxes and the Persian empire. We are the dethroners, the breakers of tradition, and we should not fear these new kings any more than we feared Oklahoma, Notre Dame or Penn State.

College football is boring because it is so predictable. For too long it has been at peace at the highest levels. Mario must bear a sword on his side, the same sword wielded by Howard and Jimmy. The sword of a usurper, a disruptor, a challenger to the throne.

A few hours from the start of a new year, this must be our resolution. Go Canes!

eva green film GIF by 300: Rise of an Empire
Post of the year!!!!!!

I'm glad this cat is back.

Happy new year EVERYONE!!

CFB had two spoilers this year in the playoff. Both laid eggs today.

This is why a 12 team or 16 team playoff won't matter and I laugh at the Danny Kanells of the world that think it will. . The cream rises to the top. Unless you can beat these teams in the recruiting war first, the result of the games are nearly predetermined.

Like it or not, it also needs USC, Texas, and a few others to return as well. Competition at the sport’s highest echelon is fools gold until then.

This year’s championship game will once more be boring mud match between two bloated sisters. We can **** and moan about the way they’ve gamed the system to ensure the best players and the brightest minds are funneled into their antebellum-loving campuses, but the truth is they were just dedicated to victory. It just meant more. (Please excuse the gurgling sounds of sugar cookies and red wine passing back up through my throat and into the tinsel-laden trash can beside me).

College football has no true spoiler anymore. It lacks the terror of an upstart, for no school has the usurper gene. Miami is the progenitor of the usurper gene, we are the firstborn of our kind. We are the original Bane, the school from another dimension, the assassin in Stratego, the Strider of Lord of the Rings. We are Boba Fett saying to Vader, “He’s no good to me dead,” Leonidas facing down Xerxes and the Persian empire. We are the dethroners, the breakers of tradition, and we should not fear these new kings any more than we feared Oklahoma, Notre Dame or Penn State.

College football is boring because it is so predictable. For too long it has been at peace at the highest levels. Mario must bear a sword on his side, the same sword wielded by Howard and Jimmy. The sword of a usurper, a disruptor, a challenger to the throne.

A few hours from the start of a new year, this must be our resolution. Go Canes!

Couldn’t agree more.

Advertisement
How would you have felt if Miami had hired Saban as Manny's replacement?
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
I would love Saban here obviously. But I still wouldn’t like him.

I just don’t have the same level of salivation towards him as everyone else does.
He took advantage of a situation and the situation was he went to a place that was willing to do anything to win and knew the man that personally wouldn’t punish him. The same man that did everything he could to kill this program. And that man would do it again if f he got the chance.

So yeah, that sht bothers me. It bothers me that the ncaa let’s those schools get away with the sht that they have. And it bothers me that he’s won with players that grew up loving the home team.

1) Hopefully the NIL helps the non-SEC catch up
2) Expanding the playoff to 8 teams would hopefully increase variability
3) **** that was a good post

Advertisement

I literally been having this conversation for the last several years...almost like a broken record.

The crazy part is that this situation with NIL can do exactly just that. Markets such as Florida, Texas and California stand to benefit the most from it all.

If you want to make for damned sure that college football is going to be all about money...there is no ******* reason why those markets cannot thrive the most.

The money that's been pouring into these SEC schools is tremendous when it comes to football, but NIL completely changes the game as we as the transfer portal.

Let's hope we get it right this time!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
I would love Saban here obviously. But I still wouldn’t like him.

I just don’t have the same level of salivation towards him as everyone else does.
He took advantage of a situation and the situation was he went to a place that was willing to do anything to win and knew the man that personally wouldn’t punish him. The same man that did everything he could to kill this program. And that man would do it again if f he got the chance.

So yeah, that sht bothers me. It bothers me that the ncaa let’s those schools get away with the sht that they have. And it bothers me that he’s won with players that grew up loving the home team.
Let's hope Mario is about to cut off the Nicktator's nuts in SoFla

Advertisement
What actually happened the last 20 years is that we fired Larry Coker, hired and fired Randy Shannon, hired and fired Al Golden, hired and (more or less) fired a worn-out Mark Richt and hired and fired Manny Diaz.

Schools buying players — which has been going on much longer than the last two decades — didn't force UM's administration to make any of those choices.

I’m not talking about Miami specifically, but about college football in general.

And if you don’t understand what has happened in the last 20 years, codified cheating, where a handful of schools were given carte blanche and others had to more or less follow the rules, then just give up, because you don’t understand and you never will.

NIL and the castration of the NCAA has finally changed all that. The playing field should be more level in the future. But it will take time. Everyone can try to match Alabama and UGA player salaries, if they have money and will, whereas before you risked NCAA penalties including death.

In a few years you won’t see just Alabama and Georgia.

You should to try understand the intricacies of what’s happened before you make illogical arguments.

this is the best part of Mario Cristobal (not that he's an alum) but he's seen from the inside, and knows first-hand what modern day elite championship-level college football is

Now, whether he can replicate what he's been around at Bama, that remains to be seen

But I do believe he came back to UM to do exactly that

He knows the standard. I can actually see him showing this game to our guys and saying something to the effect, ''this is the target, this is what we are shooting for. If you're not... GTFO'' That would be a good way to start spring ball
Mario has the formula he just needs the proper ingredients

Someone has to stop them from loading up. Mario has a tough job but if Skinner was a sign then he can weaken their roster. Also Mario is a beast nationally he ain't just a local dog. He's as elite as they come on the trail. If we can't get talent with him we never will. Until Saban dies
This is why I was singing Mario's praises in 2018 when his name came up. He will definitely be that guy.

Advertisement
Bama not only gets the best players but they also have the best coaches all of their coaches make vertical career progressions when they leave Bama.

When Miami was at it’s best we had the best coaches they left Miami to be NFL head coaches. Our coaches since 2000 have been horrible DC at PSU, TE coach on a horrible NFL franchise, RETIRE! We need way better coaching.

Someone has to stop them from loading up. Mario has a tough job but if Skinner was a sign then he can weaken their roster. Also Mario is a beast nationally he ain't just a local dog. He's as elite as they come on the trail. If we can't get talent with him we never will. Until Saban dies

Read my post above this.

It’s going to take time, but with top recruiters, and the ability to play players, schools like Alabama and Georgia are not gonna have as big of an advantage as they used to in terms of getting the best players.

They’re going to try to find other ways to cheat, but the horses are out of the barn, we can now pay players.

I’m not talking about Miami specifically, but about college football in general.

And if you don’t understand what has happened in the last 20 years, codified cheating, where a handful of schools were given carte blanche and others had to more or less follow the rules, then just give up, because you don’t understand and you never will.

NIL and the castration of the NCAA has finally changed all that. The playing field should be more level in the future. But it will take time. Everyone can try to match Alabama and UGA player salaries, if they have money and will, whereas before you risked NCAA penalties including death.

In a few years you won’t see just Alabama and Georgia.

You should to try understand the intricacies of what’s happened before you make illogical arguments.
Like when Hugh Freeze was at Ole Miss beat Bama a couple times racked up couple top 5 classes. Follow year hit with NCAA sanctions. Ole Miss went back in the tank until Lane Kiffin. Now it’s all fair game. Just gone take a while for other teams to catch up like you mentioned

Advertisement
Back