College football needs Miami to be great again.

Like it or not, it also needs USC, Texas, and a few others to return as well. Competition at the sport’s highest echelon is fools gold until then.

This year’s championship game will once more be boring mud match between two bloated sisters. We can **** and moan about the way they’ve gamed the system to ensure the best players and the brightest minds are funneled into their antebellum-loving campuses, but the truth is they were just dedicated to victory. It just meant more. (Please excuse the gurgling sounds of sugar cookies and red wine passing back up through my throat and into the tinsel-laden trash can beside me).

College football has no true spoiler anymore. It lacks the terror of an upstart, for no school has the usurper gene. Miami is the progenitor of the usurper gene, we are the firstborn of our kind. We are the original Bane, the school from another dimension, the assassin in Stratego, the Strider of Lord of the Rings. We are Boba Fett saying to Vader, “He’s no good to me dead,” Leonidas facing down Xerxes and the Persian empire. We are the dethroners, the breakers of tradition, and we should not fear these new kings any more than we feared Oklahoma, Notre Dame or Penn State.

College football is boring because it is so predictable. For too long it has been at peace at the highest levels. Mario must bear a sword on his side, the same sword wielded by Howard and Jimmy. The sword of a usurper, a disruptor, a challenger to the throne.

A few hours from the start of a new year, this must be our resolution. Go Canes!

eva green film GIF by 300: Rise of an Empire
U took the post out of my head. My wife and I both on our phones and playing with the children while “watching” these “games” turned to each other and said, “this **** is boring”. She literally asked what happened to football and the bowl games this year. I told her that college football needs Us badly and that Mario is working on it. She has been to Soldier’s Field, the Horseshoe and Pitt’s stadium twice, but has only seen us win once. I told her we are the only team that can change all of this. The Hurricane signal has been sent out. It’s time

Advertisement
So the best two teams make the championship game, right?

What's the problem?

I don't get why people would want anything else

That and we sure as **** wouldn't be *****ing if we were one of those two teams yearly. We'd all be loving it.

Also, college football doesn't need Miami, we need Miami as fans to be great again. Some diversity at the top would be more interesting and we had two newcomers this year to the fold. It didn't work out for them, but that was somewhat compelling in its own right.

That and we sure as **** wouldn't be *****ing if we were one of those two teams yearly. We'd all be loving it.

Also, college football doesn't need Miami, we need Miami as fans to be great again. Some diversity at the top would be more interesting and we had two newcomers this year to the fold. It didn't work out for them, but that was somewhat compelling in its own right.
We didn't need the two newcomers to be *****slapped though.

Notre Dame handle that role well enough.

Advertisement
We didn't need the two newcomers to be *****slapped though.

Notre Dame handle that role well enough.

Seems that's the way the games have been going lately. The first round games aren't usually that good.

If anyone is watching college football and doesn’t see that UGA and Alabama are the two best teams, especially after the (lol) playoff games, you should stop having an opinion on football. The deck is stacked so ridiculously in their favor in regards to talent, your only hope for beating them is that they beat themselves with stupid mistakes. I don’t care about adding more teams to the playoff. I don’t care about making it so you have to win your conference (that assures there are undeserving teams) because those extra teams are just more sacrificial lambs for Alabama or Georgia.

The only way the pattern breaks is if other teams can keep them from hoarding all the talent. Texas A&M did their part this recruiting cycle. It’s up to other programs to as well. Until we can get to the point where there isn’t a huge gap in the recruiting rankings between the top two teams and everyone else, we’ll continue to see the same teams play for the championship every year.

Good coaching ✔️

Staff continuity ✔️

Back-to-back star 1st-round QB's ✔️

But you left out a big one:

Buying players 💲💲💲

Know you don't think Clemson ain't dropping bags 😏
I have visited Clempson. It is the **** of the US. Bags are definitely being dropped to go that shythole.

Advertisement
The Playmaker:

The University of Miami ,Miami , Ft.Lauderdale and West Palm Beach areas are unmatched in after college networking business opportunities .

Players must look at the next 10-20 plus years of what the college brings instead of 1-4 years.

Very wise , The Playmaker is the U

GOCANES

Advertisement
I’m going to be in the minority, but I don’t mind dominance.

I’m not going to hate on Bama; I remember when we were dominant. I mean from ‘83 - 92:
-We played in 6 Nat’l Championship games (‘83, ‘86, ‘87, ‘89, ‘91, ‘92 - & should’ve been 7 *’88)
-Won 4 Titles (‘83,‘87,‘89, ‘91)
-Played in another 3 NY6 bowl games (‘85,‘88,‘90). That’s a crazy 10 yr stretch.

Then from ‘93 - ‘03 (part of it being sanctioned yrs):
-We played in 2 Nat’l title games (‘01, ‘02 - & should’ve been 3 *00)
-Won 1 Title (should’ve been two *’02)
-Played in another 3 NY6 bowl games

Our job is to knock off the bullies. U wanna be mad; be mad at our inability to win The Coastal. Be mad at losing to the GTech’s, Louisville’s (when they were a G5), FIU’s, UNC’s of the world. Get mad at out recruiting majority of our opponents & not winning at least 10 games. That’s how teams like Bama, UGA, O$U, Clemson come in & swoop up our best players from our back yard.

Don’t worry, we’ll be back, back to being the bullies. It’ll take some time, b/c we have to restore our rep, our fence, our roster, but we’ll be back. We have the resources (namely a powerful AD, and a strong coach).
This. I’m glad Bama and Georgia are dominant. I want Miami to be the team that knocks them off. I love it actually

Has UGA (and Bama for that matter) outspent Texas A&M since Jimbo the Cuck got to College Station?

If A&M a lock to get to the title game in the next 2-3 years?

Cause they all in right now
A&M is about to become a monster. They’ll be the next Georgia.

Advertisement
Miami with SEC money and a HC about to go into beast mode recruiting will make things interesting. It’s not just that Miami will be getting difference-makers, keeping the local kids home, it’s that UA and UGA won’t.

Advertisement
Back