College football needs Miami to be great again.

Advertisement
Expanding the playoff does nothing to help solve the problem. If they can limit the number of on field coaches why can’t they limit the number of off field assistants? I agree though Miami, Texas and USC need to get there act together.

Good coaching ✔️

Staff continuity ✔️

Back-to-back star 1st-round QB's ✔️

But you left out a big one:

Buying players 💲💲💲

Know you don't think Clemson ain't dropping bags 😏
Oh, they are. I just don’t think it’s at the level of Alabama or Georgia. Their recruiting classes have been very good, but not at Alabama’s level.

Like it or not, it also needs USC, Texas, and a few others to return as well. Competition at the sport’s highest echelon is fools gold until then.

This year’s championship game will once more be boring mud match between two bloated sisters. We can **** and moan about the way they’ve gamed the system to ensure the best players and the brightest minds are funneled into their antebellum-loving campuses, but the truth is they were just dedicated to victory. It just meant more. (Please excuse the gurgling sounds of sugar cookies and red wine passing back up through my throat and into the tinsel-laden trash can beside me).

College football has no true spoiler anymore. It lacks the terror of an upstart, for no school has the usurper gene. Miami is the progenitor of the usurper gene, we are the firstborn of our kind. We are the original Bane, the school from another dimension, the assassin in Stratego, the Strider of Lord of the Rings. We are Boba Fett saying to Vader, “He’s no good to me dead,” Leonidas facing down Xerxes and the Persian empire. We are the dethroners, the breakers of tradition, and we should not fear these new kings any more than we feared Oklahoma, Notre Dame or Penn State.

College football is boring because it is so predictable. For too long it has been at peace at the highest levels. Mario must bear a sword on his side, the same sword wielded by Howard and Jimmy. The sword of a usurper, a disruptor, a challenger to the throne.

A few hours from the start of a new year, this must be our resolution. Go Canes!

eva green film GIF by 300: Rise of an Empire
I ran into some Michigan fans at the liquor store during halftime. They very much agree with your sentiments.

Advertisement
The two teams who invest the most $ in buying players are making it into the championship game. Until this stops, nothing will change.
One thing that will change with that is the popularity of the sport. It will decline, probably significantly over time for most of the country. NFL understood this and structured the league to maintain a widespread appeal.

The regional and national TV ratings for the Bama-UGA $EC/NC game will be interesting.

Will anyone care west of the Mississippi, north of the Mason-Dixon line?

The only way to weaken UGA and bama is to protect sfla. Balance can't be restored if they take who they want.
HC Super Mario MUST....

Hear me as I have said this before, and I say it now...

MUST...

interdict and disrupt their supply lines of talent.

Miami's next natty, when that day comes, will have been born in the contest of hearts and minds in recruit candidates' living rooms and their high school's hallways.

Do this, and our Canes will hear that victory bell toll once again.

Last edited:
Not even a surprise lol everyone knew it was UGA vs bama. Who wants to see bama smack these dudes again? Anyway bama smacks anyone this year and next year. U looking at a three peat squad.
hard to argue with this. sounds about right bro.

Advertisement
The only way to level the playing field is by keeping the #1 team from getting the #1 "draft picks"..
The committee that discovers a model for that will be a very smart group of people.

Mission Impossible is keeping kids from choosing which college they want to attend...that will be the loudest uproar knowing good n well these 5* kids are picking schools to win football games not because of a school having or not having their respective program of study

I’m going to be in the minority, but I don’t mind dominance.

I’m not going to hate on Bama; I remember when we were dominant. I mean from ‘83 - 92:
-We played in 6 Nat’l Championship games (‘83, ‘86, ‘87, ‘89, ‘91, ‘92 - & should’ve been 7 *’88)
-Won 4 Titles (‘83,‘87,‘89, ‘91)
-Played in another 3 NY6 bowl games (‘85,‘88,‘90). That’s a crazy 10 yr stretch.

Then from ‘93 - ‘03 (part of it being sanctioned yrs):
-We played in 2 Nat’l title games (‘01, ‘02 - & should’ve been 3 *00)
-Won 1 Title (should’ve been two *’02)
-Played in another 3 NY6 bowl games

Our job is to knock off the bullies. U wanna be mad; be mad at our inability to win The Coastal. Be mad at losing to the GTech’s, Louisville’s (when they were a G5), FIU’s, UNC’s of the world. Get mad at out recruiting majority of our opponents & not winning at least 10 games. That’s how teams like Bama, UGA, O$U, Clemson come in & swoop up our best players from our back yard.

Don’t worry, we’ll be back, back to being the bullies. It’ll take some time, b/c we have to restore our rep, our fence, our roster, but we’ll be back. We have the resources (namely a powerful AD, and a strong coach).

Last edited:
College football has no true spoiler anymore. It lacks the terror of an upstart, for no school has the usurper gene. Miami is the progenitor of the usurper gene, we are the firstborn of our kind.
Should I be hearing the Conan the Barbarian theme song right about now? That was poetic.

Advertisement
One way to level the playing field is to further reduce scholarships, perhaps from 85 to 75, or even 70.

Advertisement
Like it or not, it also needs USC, Texas, and a few others to return as well. Competition at the sport’s highest echelon is fools gold until then.

This year’s championship game will once more be boring mud match between two bloated sisters. We can **** and moan about the way they’ve gamed the system to ensure the best players and the brightest minds are funneled into their antebellum-loving campuses, but the truth is they were just dedicated to victory. It just meant more. (Please excuse the gurgling sounds of sugar cookies and red wine passing back up through my throat and into the tinsel-laden trash can beside me).

College football has no true spoiler anymore. It lacks the terror of an upstart, for no school has the usurper gene. Miami is the progenitor of the usurper gene, we are the firstborn of our kind. We are the original Bane, the school from another dimension, the assassin in Stratego, the Strider of Lord of the Rings. We are Boba Fett saying to Vader, “He’s no good to me dead,” Leonidas facing down Xerxes and the Persian empire. We are the dethroners, the breakers of tradition, and we should not fear these new kings any more than we feared Oklahoma, Notre Dame or Penn State.

College football is boring because it is so predictable. For too long it has been at peace at the highest levels. Mario must bear a sword on his side, the same sword wielded by Howard and Jimmy. The sword of a usurper, a disruptor, a challenger to the throne.

A few hours from the start of a new year, this must be our resolution. Go Canes!

eva green film GIF by 300: Rise of an Empire
12 team playoff will change that.

Advertisement
Back