College football needs Miami to be great again.

Advertisement
Both us and USC will have nobody to blame but ourselves if we don't.

Don't be mad at Bama, UGA, Clemson, LSU and so on doing what it takes to win titles.

Be ****ed the Canes chose not to for the past 20 years.
Don't have an argument for any of that especially the part in bold. We can thank some of the maggot BOT members for that.

Also this 4 team playoffs almost assures Bama and UGA will play in the championship game. Bama or UGA start the season at #1 and #2 and are in two separate divisions in the SEC. Both will run through their schedule finish the season with maybe one loss. Go to the SEC championship game. The one that loses has the argument that they played and lost to the #1 or #2 team. The winner says we beat the #1 or #2 team. Both get into the playoffs. Fill the 3rd and 4th spot with an OSU, ND, or some other northern school or OU. #1 plays and under matched #4 and #2 plays an under matched #3. Title game Bama vs UGA. Rinse and repeat.

Also this 4 team playoffs almost assures Bama and UGA will play in the championship game. Bama or UGA start the season at #1 and #2 and are in two separate divisions in the SEC. Both will run through their schedule finish the season with maybe one loss. Go to the SEC championship game. The one that loses has the argument that they played and lost to the #1 or #2 team. The winner says we beat the #1 or #2 team. Both get into the playoffs. Fill the 3rd and 4th spot with an OSU, ND, or some other northern school or OU. #1 plays and over matched #4 and #2 plays an overmatched #3. Title game Bama vs UGA. Rinse and repeat.
Well, if no one is going to beat them along the way, how can we argue with it?

Also this 4 team playoffs almost assures Bama and UGA will play in the championship game. Bama or UGA start the season at #1 and #2 and are in two separate divisions in the SEC. Both will run through their schedule finish the season with maybe one loss. Go to the SEC championship game. The one that loses has the argument that they played and lost to the #1 or #2 team. The winner says we beat the #1 or #2 team. Both get into the playoffs. Fill the 3rd and 4th spot with an OSU, ND, or some other northern school or OU. #1 plays and over matched #4 and #2 plays an overmatched #3. Title game Bama vs UGA. Rinse and repeat.
So the best two teams make the championship game, right?

What's the problem?

I don't get why people would want anything else

Advertisement
Advertisement
F3D8661D-D1F9-4D9A-B9C7-66C517F38192.jpeg

This is how geeks talk about football???

It needs to be the best 4 P5 Champions.

Make the Championship game mean something.
So Baylor and Pitt or Utah in the playoffs instead of Georgia?

No thanks.

We need to spend more time worrying about UM handling business and less about trying to conjure up bogus measures to restrict the SEC's success.

JMO

The CFP is just a way to manipulate them to get 2 SEC teams in ...at any costs...its beyond a scam...and obvious to the masses already
Yep. Someone mentioned this on yesterday that you shouldn't go the playoffs if you didnt win your conference.
Speaking of conference, what happened to all the Miami and Pac 12 talk? Or whatever conference it was?

Advertisement
So Baylor and Pitt or Utah in the playoffs instead of Georgia?

No thanks.

We need to spend more time worrying about UM handling business and less about trying to conjure up bogus measures to restrict the SEC's success.

JMO
What we need to do is lock down the **** state from Saban and Friends from coming in and cleaning out the cupboards. When that **** ends, you'll stop seeing team SEC in the chip year over year.

That’s why Mario was my number one. Having the most talented players is at least 60% of the game.

This championship is a losing scenario for college football fans:

Georgia wins and it’s a split…Bama wins Georgia says our only losses are to Bama….SEC SEC…rinse and repeat.

If the big three gets going…along with Texas and USC…that’s likely at least 2-3 elite players that don’t go to Bama or UGA each cycle which translates to a loss or two.
If Texas becomes elite again, it just strengthens the SEC since they will be members in a couple years.

1. Did you think the same thing when Clemson made it to the championship game 4 times in 5 seasons from 2015-2019?

2. How, exactly, did "manipulation" and an "obvious scam" lead to the two ***-kickings we saw today?

Just asking, Cane brotha
This should be an 8 team playoff...

They basically didn't want to put Alabaga and jawja as #2 and 3 to knock each other out....any other seasons...from other conferences they would have done it ...no problem.
And its been done in other years where the rankings were set up perfectly.

Advertisement
Saban is the greatest at amassing talent at an incredible level. Just last year he got the highest rated class ever and still went into the portal for the best available.
Kirby followed his model and now even his dumb bang haircut *** can dominate.

Remember, even clappy won a natty. **** he almost won 2 and it wasn’t cause he was a great coach it was cause of the talent he had.

What fickle did with Cincinnati is more impressive from a pure coaching standpoint than dropping bags for 15 years and having a recruiting staff and budget that dwarfed everyone. Having more analyst breaking down everything for him.
The blue bloods never played the game on the same level as everyone else. But Saban took it to a totally different level.

Today was the most boring and predictable playoff day I’ve ever seen.
Stopped watching both games at halftime.

The difference in talent was so **** obvious that Saban looked bored and at times looked as if he didn’t even want to be there.

Would love to see the ratings for today.

Yes I’m a a total Saban hater. And idgaf.
The fact that he actually loses games is more of a head scratcher to me than him winning.

Yup. we need the big bad canes of old back. Football was more fun then. Get stewart to sign. then get a to 5 class in 23. We should compete in 2-3 years if ri does that. have o plug in some holes but we have great talent at some spots

Miami is the progenitor of the usurper gene, we are the firstborn of our kind. We are the original Bane, the school from another dimension, the assassin in Stratego, the Strider of Lord of the Rings. We are Boba Fett saying to Vader, “He’s no good to me dead,” Leonidas facing down Xerxes and the Persian empire. We are the dethroners, the breakers of tradition, and we should not fear these new kings any more than we feared Oklahoma, Notre Dame or Penn State.

eva green film GIF by 300: Rise of an Empire
I'd love to respond, because it sounds inspiring, but give me a few minutes to check out a few of those after-my-time references, to be sure we're on the same page.

Advertisement
Back