College football needs Miami to be great again.

Advertisement
Not even a surprise lol everyone knew it was UGA vs bama. Who wants to see bama smack these dudes again? Anyway bama smacks anyone this year and next year. U looking at a three peat squad.
They lose two games next year and donā€™t make CFP.

Like it or not, it also needs USC, Texas, and a few others to return as well. Competition at the sportā€™s highest echelon is fools gold until then.

This yearā€™s championship game will once more be boring mud match between two bloated sisters. We can **** and moan about the way theyā€™ve gamed the system to ensure the best players and the brightest minds are funneled into their antebellum-loving campuses, but the truth is they were just dedicated to victory. It just meant more. (Please excuse the gurgling sounds of sugar cookies and red wine passing back up through my throat and into the tinsel-laden trash can beside me).

College football has no true spoiler anymore. It lacks the terror of an upstart, for no school has the usurper gene. Miami is the progenitor of the usurper gene, we are the firstborn of our kind. We are the original Bane, the school from another dimension, the assassin in Stratego, the Strider of Lord of the Rings. We are Boba Fett saying to Vader, ā€œHeā€™s no good to me dead,ā€ Leonidas facing down Xerxes and the Persian empire. We are the dethroners, the breakers of tradition, and we should not fear these new kings any more than we feared Oklahoma, Notre Dame or Penn State.

College football is boring because it is so predictable. For too long it has been at peace at the highest levels. Mario must bear a sword on his side, the same sword wielded by Howard and Jimmy. The sword of a usurper, a disruptor, a challenger to the throne.

A few hours from the start of a new year, this must be our resolution. Go Canes!

eva green film GIF by 300: Rise of an Empire
I'm just here for Eva gifs

1. Did you think the same thing when Clemson made it to the championship game 4 times in 5 seasons from 2015-2019?

2. How, exactly, did "manipulation" and an "obvious scam" lead to the two ***-kickings we saw today?

Just asking, Cane brotha
Clemson made it off of the back of good coaching, incredible staff continuity, and back to back first round NFL quarterbacks. Theyā€™re the anomaly in the picture, with the closest analogy being Texasā€™ run with Vince Young and Colt McCoy from 2004-2009.

Alabama and Georgia are just outspending everyone and buying the best recruits. Period. Alabama went nine straight years with the number one recruiting class. Itā€™s the NFL equivalent of having 15 first round picks each year (and Georgia is like an NFL team with 14 first round picks). Itā€™s boring. And non competitive. And the poster is right, Miami and other schools need chip into this advantage.

Advertisement
This should be an 8 team playoff...

They basically didn't want to put Alabaga and jawja as #2 and 3 to knock each other out....any other seasons...from other conferences they would have done it ...no problem.
And its been done in other years where the rankings were set up perfectly.
The only thing is - I don't know how they logistically have an 8 team Playoff. The National Championship Game is already on 10 Jan.

Where do you fit another round of 'Bowl' games into the calendar, with the prerequisite rest / travel arrangements (as they'd be played on neutral sites)? The Draft eligible kids won't want to be playing until deepest, darkest January because they have to go prep for the Combine.

Saban is the greatest at amassing talent at an incredible level. Just last year he got the highest rated class ever and still went into the portal for the best available.
Kirby followed his model and now even his dumb bang haircut *** can dominate.

Remember, even clappy won a natty. **** he almost won 2 and it wasnā€™t cause he was a great coach it was cause of the talent he had.

What fickle did with Cincinnati is more impressive from a pure coaching standpoint than dropping bags for 15 years and having a recruiting staff and budget that dwarfed everyone. Having more analyst breaking down everything for him.
The blue bloods never played the game on the same level as everyone else. But Saban took it to a totally different level.

Today was the most boring and predictable playoff day Iā€™ve ever seen.
Stopped watching both games at halftime.

The difference in talent was so **** obvious that Saban looked bored and at times looked as if he didnā€™t even want to be there.

Would love to see the ratings for today.

Yes Iā€™m a a total Saban hater. And idgaf.
The fact that he actually loses games is more of a head scratcher to me than him winning.
Todays semifinals were just like 90% of all cfp semifinal gamesā€¦they are almost all blowouts, which is why expanding the playoffs seems pointless to me when the top 2 teams beat the crap out of the other top 4 teams

Advertisement
Like it or not, it also needs USC, Texas, and a few others to return as well. Competition at the sportā€™s highest echelon is fools gold until then.

This yearā€™s championship game will once more be boring mud match between two bloated sisters. We can **** and moan about the way theyā€™ve gamed the system to ensure the best players and the brightest minds are funneled into their antebellum-loving campuses, but the truth is they were just dedicated to victory. It just meant more. (Please excuse the gurgling sounds of sugar cookies and red wine passing back up through my throat and into the tinsel-laden trash can beside me).

College football has no true spoiler anymore. It lacks the terror of an upstart, for no school has the usurper gene. Miami is the progenitor of the usurper gene, we are the firstborn of our kind. We are the original Bane, the school from another dimension, the assassin in Stratego, the Strider of Lord of the Rings. We are Boba Fett saying to Vader, ā€œHeā€™s no good to me dead,ā€ Leonidas facing down Xerxes and the Persian empire. We are the dethroners, the breakers of tradition, and we should not fear these new kings any more than we feared Oklahoma, Notre Dame or Penn State.

College football is boring because it is so predictable. For too long it has been at peace at the highest levels. Mario must bear a sword on his side, the same sword wielded by Howard and Jimmy. The sword of a usurper, a disruptor, a challenger to the throne.

A few hours from the start of a new year, this must be our resolution. Go Canes!

I would say you can make the same argument of Pro football and how it needs the Dolphins. The SEC IS SIMPLY DOMINANT AND WHEN YOU STARTED HAVING COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS THE SEC IS GOING TO ALWAYS HAVE A SAY.

Clemson made it off of the back of good coaching, incredible staff continuity, and back to back first round NFL quarterbacks.
Good coaching āœ”ļø

Staff continuity āœ”ļø

Back-to-back star 1st-round QB's āœ”ļø

But you left out a big one:

Buying players šŸ’²šŸ’²šŸ’²

Know you don't think Clemson ain't dropping bags šŸ˜

we are far but not that far .. Lines is the main/huge gap

UM QB - checked
UM coach - checked
UM coordinators. & assistants - checked it seems
UM speed - checked
UM lines - big time NEEDā€¦ GET all NILS, RUIZ mula, MAS cheddar, colada powers, local punanis , etc invested in all elite linemen ā€¦ sadly the 4* Nesta, Scaife, wonā€™t do itā€¦ we need the next level. WAR DADDYā€™S ALL OVER. Shemar type. These will be the hardest to get
UM LB - Need couple from portal, Chase and Wes brings promise
UM CB - Great talent coming. Grave could be that lock
Need one Rambo type
TE - we good

Advertisement
Best regular season in sports, and the worst postseason

This **** is so boring with the same 2-3 teams just gobbling up all the elite talent
The two teams who invest the most $ in buying players are making it into the championship game. Until this stops, nothing will change.

I just checked the Michigan UGA final and thought the same thing. But not as eloquently. And I want as handsome doing it.

The only way to weaken UGA and bama is to protect sfla. Balance can't be restored if they take who they want.
Bama and UGA have also managed to pry lots of talent from Texas & California too so this is a widespread issue. But yes we gotta keep these hick schools out of our area as much as possible to not just win but bring some balance to college football overall.

Advertisement
this is the best part of Mario Cristobal (not that he's an alum) but he's seen from the inside, and knows first-hand what modern day elite championship-level college football is

Now, whether he can replicate what he's been around at Bama, that remains to be seen

But I do believe he came back to UM to do exactly that

He knows the standard. I can actually see him showing this game to our guys and saying something to the effect, ''this is the target, this is what we are shooting for. If you're not... GTFO'' That would be a good way to start spring ball

Wipe your chin off and think about whatā€™s actually happened the last 20 years and youā€™ll figure it out
What actually happened the last 20 years is that we fired Larry Coker, hired and fired Randy Shannon, hired and fired Al Golden, hired and (more or less) fired a worn-out Mark Richt and hired and fired Manny Diaz.

Schools buying players ā€” which has been going on much longer than the last two decades ā€” didn't force UM's administration to make any of those choices.

1. Did you think the same thing when Clemson made it to the championship game 4 times in 5 seasons from 2015-2019?

2. How, exactly, did "manipulation" and an "obvious scam" lead to the two ***-kickings we saw today?

Just asking, Cane brotha
1. Probably not, Clemson hadnā€™t been no top before.

2. The SEC schools get away with clearly paying kids to play for them. Kids post pictures of themselves with stacks of cash and new cars all the time. Isnā€™t it odd that every one of these top players has an uncle that can lease a car for them? And I wonder where all that cash comes from? The stories and pictures go on and on. And the ncaa has never investigated a single thing any of these schools do. Miami gets investigated, but youā€™ve never seen our kids on the net with new cars and cash. So I guess you can use other terms, but ā€œobvious scamā€ seems fair to me.

Advertisement
Back