Coburn???

Having trouble posting while driving back home but one last thing. The A&M 247 guy knows what's up, Tex
as insiders have no clue. I don't have an account there but im sure some good news will start to come out slowly very, very soon.

There is nothing new anymore than what has already been posted on the Texas site and CIS. . They just hoping he flips to Miami. Wiltfong posted saying he still thinks coburn sticks with Texas.

Our beloved Wiltfong sings a lonely tune against the tide of doom.

But how reliable is Wiltfong, Indy?

Is he legit?

He gives his opinion from time to time.

Inday's been reading too many of nystateofmind's posts this week. It's rubbing off. And I ain't mad.

Advertisement
The Texas Connect:

XTBXUOIIQZWDVMV.20160531032016.jpg

I think Patke was on Friday Night Lights. Certainly looks the role.

Having trouble posting while driving back home but one last thing. The A&M 247 guy knows what's up, Tex
as insiders have no clue. I don't have an account there but im sure some good news will start to come out slowly very, very soon.

There is nothing new anymore than what has already been posted on the Texas site and CIS. . They just hoping he flips to Miami. Wiltfong posted saying he still thinks coburn sticks with Texas.

Are you singing lullabies to twins? Congrats my friend.

Fortunately not yet. They could use another 2 weeks in the womb. We had a scare this week but praise God they didn’t have to come out too early.

Glad to hear this, Inday. You've already got a set of premature twins on your hand with [MENTION=94]valid[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6299]nystateofmind[/MENTION].

Fortunately not yet. They could use another 2 weeks in the womb. We had a scare this week but praise God they didn’t have to come out too early.

Your kids can slowplay the University of Miami and glom all this attention they want but their 2036 letter of intent is going to Hecht on Wednesday disirregardless of if they have a valid birth certificate or not.

View attachment 58025
Um... if it happens whew

would be the icing on the PS2 cake boys!

A DT like him is it’s own cake. Our entire defense starts with the two DTs. They make everyone’s job easier, including super stars like PS2.

For as long as football has been played if a defense has 2 DT that can occupy the Gaurds and Center that is a blessing. Now get 2 DT like Nesta and Couburn that can do that but also rush the passer? Special

That is the the way is was here all those years and can be again.

Advertisement

Is he legit?

He piggy backs on other team insiders. His deal is promoting what they say more for 247. Simple. Canes translation...he don’t know squat.

Is he legit?

He piggy backs on other team insiders. His deal is promoting what they say more for 247. Simple. Canes translation...he don’t know squat.

Interesting.

Thanks for the insight.

Last edited:

Is he legit?

So, his info = Texas insider = no squat.

We have all the squat.

Wilfton just said something that Coburn himself said days ago. Again, the kid gave an interview and said it’s between miami and texas.”

Advertisement
This reminds me of Ramon Buchanan's recruitment. When does dead period officially start? I'm guessing midnight?

What is Coburn's actual height? 247 has him around 6'1" and ESPN has him at 6'3"

Does it matter?
Technique
Strength
Quickness
Arm Length are more important things for a inferior linemen

Bob Karmelowicz used to tell me, find me guys 6'1 to 6'3", 280-300, and I'll make into a DT. Now, linemen were smaller then, but I think for a guy to play zero or one-tech, maybe you don't want too much length. You want lower pad level, underneath leverage.

You guys who know technique and x's and o's, help me out. Is there an advantage to not being too tall so you can get underneath the OL's pads? Does it help with busting up a double-team? This might be more important for a guy playing inside, off the center (I.e. a one tech.)

Generally you want guys that aren't too tall -- 6'1 to 6'3 is about right. Taller guys tend to get stood up easier which is the last thing you want as a DT. However, there are exceptions. Some tall guys are ability to play low, it's just harder for them.

OTOH long arms is a good thing.

Advertisement
What is Coburn's actual height? 247 has him around 6'1" and ESPN has him at 6'3"

Does it matter?
Technique
Strength
Quickness

Bob Karmelowicz used to tell me, find me guys 6'1 to 6'3", 280-300, and I'll make into a DT. Now, linemen were smaller then, but I think for a guy to play zero or one-tech, maybe you don't want too much length. You want lower pad level, underneath leverage.

You guys who know technique and x's and o's, help me out. Is there an advantage to not being too tall so you can get underneath the OL's pads? Does it help with busting up a double-team? This might be more important for a guy playing inside, off the center (I.e. a one tech.)

Generally you want guys that aren't too tall -- 6'1 to 6'3 is about right. Taller guys tend to get stood up easier which is the last thing you want as a DT. However, there are exceptions. Some tall guys are ability to play low, it's just harder for them.

Right. When I said "length", I was talking about height as well. Obviously, if you have a guy 6'1"-6'3" with arms like a guy who is 6'4" or 6'5", that would seem to be an advantage.

Does it matter?
Technique
Strength
Quickness

Of course it’s a matter of physics. If you have two evenly matched DL vs OL whoever is lower will have more control and win.

Advertisement

Your kids can slowplay the University of Miami and glom all this attention they want but their 2036 letter of intent is going to Hecht on Wednesday disirregardless of if they have a valid birth certificate or not.

Isn't the word "disregardless"?

Does it matter?
Technique
Strength
Quickness

Right. When I said "length", I was talking about height as well. Obviously, if you have a guy 6'1"-6'3" with arms like a guy who is 6'4" or 6'5", that would seem to be an advantage.

I posted this in another thread, but Defensive Player of the Year in the NFL was Aaron Donald, DT at 6' 284lbs.

Glad to hear this, Inday. You've already got a set of premature twins on your hand with [MENTION=94]valid[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6299]nystateofmind[/MENTION].

Or did you mean immature twins?

Or did you mean immature twins?

Mom should've aborted these twins

Advertisement
Back