Coaching v Talent

Advertisement
Advertisement
That execution is key bs is the same thing ppl were saying about Enos’s offense. If it’s that hard to execute the right play then the offense is trash.. time to fire lashlee.
Get em!

BF71BC8E-28D4-4799-B2FD-FBEF3CBA986C.gif

We have decent talent and bad coaching how is that working out for us.

It's annoying because you live in an alternate universe. You're struggling with comprehension. I'm not saying it's the ONLY thing that matters genius. I'm saying it's the MOST IMPORTANT factor in CFB. Look around and survey the landscape, and tell me which program is able to offset lack of resource allocation with talent? You believe that bullshyt, because in your distorted reality, you think S.FLA 3 stars, are better than 4 & 5 stars from other states. LMAO
Texas has enough resources to lap Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and Ohio State combined.

Bad return for their money so far.

Advertisement
Yep. I’d pay a lot of money to have been a fly on the wall in his film session with Lashlee. I’d bet there was either a lot of teaching/correction, or he’s hurt and they’re not risking the season for him running against Bama.
than they should have played TVD.

It seems like to me the biggest problem is that Manny and Lashlee thought they had the horses to go toe to toe with bama, but that obviously wasn’t the case and it bit them in the *** when it came down to executing the game plan

Advertisement
I wasn't interested in working today so I did some data collection/analysis of rosters. It isn't weighted by the starters or two-deep to determine the actual impact of the talent on the performance on the field. For example, Miami has a good number of younger 4-5* kids that aren't on the two-deep.

Conclusions:
LSU will likely fire their coach.
Clemson isn't as far away as people have made them out to be.
SEC has 50% of the 5* kids in the country.
If we drop a game before the ACCCG, it will be to a lesser talent (potentially more experienced) team

Bama - 61 4* kids, 14 5* kids = 75
OSU - 51 4* kids 16 5* kids = 67
UGA - 46 4* kids, 19 5* kids = 65
OU - 46 4* kids, 7 5* kids = 53
Clemson- 41 4* kids, 10 5* kids = 51

MIAMI - 43 4* kids, 2 5* kids (both true freshmen) = 45

FSU - 30 4* kids
UNC - 27 4* kids, 2 5* kids (sophomore/freshman) = 29 4-5*
NCSt- 15 4* kids
GT - 15 4* kids
VT - 14 4* kids
Pitt - 12 4* kids
Mich State- 11 4* kids
UVA - 5 4* kids
Duke - 1 4* kid
App State - 1 4* kid (So WR)

Some other ranked teams:
Florida = 51 4*, 6 5* kids = 57
Texas 47 4*, 5 5* kids - 52
LSU - 43 4* kids, 6 5* kids = 49
aTm - 43 4* kids, 5 5* kids = 48
Oregon - 44 4* kids, 4 5* kids = 48
USC - 44 4* kids, 2 5* kids 46
Notre Dame- 44 4* kids, 1 5* kid = 45
Penn State - 42 4*, 1- 5* kid = 43
UCLA - 21 4* kids
Iowa - 10 4* kids
Cinni- 7 4* kids
Iowa State - 4 4* kids

This is also shows how much less we’ve done w/ more.

No he wasn't.

That was 2nd down. On the 3rd down play he was clearly blocking the whole way. King did miss this one on second down but my point was after that play we go back and run it again. How about the coach on the sideline actually call a play to get us a first down. Is that too much to ask? We aren't going to RPO Bama to death. That's a losing battle.

No he wasn't.

Actually, this is a horrible design. It’s not 4 on 2. The guy who’s defending this play call is not taking their STAR into account.

It looks like this formation includes Key, Will, Mike, and Rambo. Key takes his man w/ him (-1 defender) Will engages his man w/ the block (-2 defenders), Rambo is the receiver, which means that leaves Harley as the sole blocker of a STAR defender coming full speed at him (+1 defender). Their STAR is coming down peeping the backfield & hovering over the potential bubble, and Mike is not in a position where he’s selling himself as a WR to engage w/ The STAR to block. Rather, he’s in no man’s land where he’s either going to get blown up into Rambo’s path, or b/c he’s flat footed, get ran around.

We’ve seen our WRs on blocking assignments get aggressively pushed into the receivers’ paths all game b/c they didn’t engage, allowing Bama to crash down & blow up all feeble attempted blocks.

Advertisement

lsu says hello.
Unc says hello.

the biggest question, why haven’t we deployed more of the blue chip talent? If they aren’t as good as the 3-2* talent then we have a talent evaluation problem!

What **** me off, is if Diaz lines up our team against any team thats not Ohio St, Bama or UGA, the game goes the same way as if it was those 3 who clearly out talent anyone else. And the people who defend him not being able to stay in a game against the likes of even UNC don't understand that for you to get to Bama, UGA level of talent, you have to best the Texas A&M, Clemson, Notre Dame etc talent level cause they are the level below those. Yet its still no contest. But they swear recruiting is not picking up because of bags. No, its because we get blown out everytime we are not playing garbage teams.
I have 3 things that any one of them might give me an idea that you are a good coach
1) never getting blown out unless its some crazy situation like 5 turnovers, or numerous injuries to key players

2) beating a team that is clearly better

3) never losing to a bad team

Diaz has a negative on all 3.

If that doesn't change this year he has to go

Last edited:
What **** me off, is if Diaz lines up our team against any team thats not Ohio St, Bama or UGA, the game goes the same way as if it was those 3 who clearly out talent anyone else. And the people who defend him not being able to stay in a game against the likes of even UNC don't understand that for you to get to Bama, UGA level of talent, you have to best the Texas A&M, Clemson, Notre Dame etc talent level cause they are the level below those. Yet its still no contest. But they swear recruiting is not picking up because of bags. No, its because we get blown out everytime we are not playing garbage teams.
I have 3 things that any one of them might give me an idea that you are a good coach
1) never getting blown out unless its some crazy situation like 5 turnovers, or numerous injuries to key players

2) beating a team that is clearly better

3) never losing to a bad team

Diaz has a negative on all 3.

If that doesn't change this year he has to go

Spot on

lsu says hello.
Unc says hello.

the biggest question, why haven’t we deployed more of the blue chip talent? If they aren’t as good as the 3-2* talent then we have a talent evaluation problem!

LSU says hello? Dude. Lol. Don’t be that guy, bro. Orgeron is 45-15 in his 5 going on 6 yrs there & just won a Nat’l championship 1.1 yrs ago!

Did u forget the lesser talented UNC team just ran for a record against us, and played in a NY6 bowl game last season?

Since I’ve never seen u post, I’ll say this same thing I’ve been saying since, chit, since 2013:

How is that for 12 yrs, **** near every 4 & 5 star player that come here is an underachiever/bust, yet at other places they thrive? It’s almost impossible & inconceivable for **** near every recruiting services to be wrong about the rankings of majority of just “our” players, but correct on their ranking on majority of the other teams players….not for 12 yrs.

Advertisement
Back