Coaching v Talent

supacane

Senior
I will excuse the Bama game as they are in another league. Last season we lost to Clemson 42-17 think was the score. People excuse is to point to stars and say we are over matched. We had some infusion of talent that made us close the gap on them and they lost some players in the offseason. But they bring in top recruiting classes yearly. So largely its the same gap from last season to this

Anyway Clemson has 10 5 stars, 41 4 stars and 30 3 stars. For us its 2 5 stars, 43 4 stars and 38 3 stars. Thats basically the roster comparison that is a 42-17 gap for Miami coaches. (BTW UGA roster is as close to Bama as Clemson is to us. UGA-Clemson was 10-3, UGA would beat us into a coma)

Now remember our roster breakdown for us and consider we are -7 v App St at home. App St as.1....yes 1 4 star and 44 3 star players. I guess everyone else is unranked.

What is my point? There are two ways to either beat teams or challenge them. You can either be so much better than them where basic plays will still beat them even if they figured its coming, or you can scheme and coach beat them where it bamboozle them and equalize the talent gap if they are better than you talent wise.

When you combine both you get Bama.

When you cant even make a game competitive and your first instinct is to cry about who we don't have, it means you make no difference as a coach and i could coach the team to the same result as only the players you have matters. The coaches job is to make the whole bigger than the sum of its parts. We don't have that. No evidence of that yet.

App St coaches will coach and close the talent gap with us according vegas. For some reason though, every time we play an opponent thats better or favored not only do it turn out the way the betting line says....its worse. See Saturday against Bama, Clemson, LSU , UNC etc, and also on the other hand when vegas favors us bar a few times where the opponent is dumster juice, FSU and Louisville, the underdogs against us manage to make the game closer than the pre game line. Our coaching staff is not giving us any type of edge against any team. Matter of fact they are a net negative.

If we don't see drastic improvements for the rest of the season starting this Saturday, know that nothing is changing. If we are still struggling with App St and Mich St, UVA etc. nothing has changed . I gave Diaz slack because he seems amenable to changes and has gotten a little better recruiting. At some point the changes have to show on the field. Political speeches sounds nice until you see the bill. The bill so far needs to be repealed.

And please dont give me no cr@p about who will come blah blah. Plenty of coaches would love to run through the ACC with the 13th ranked roster in the nation and then a chance to recruit Miami and make it better after they beat Duke, GT and UVA to sleep and give UNC an *** kicking for throwing down the U. I hold my powder till season's end to decide.

Advertisement
I mean you’re being measured and logical. I think the horror of seeing that 3rd and 7 run up the Bama middle Lashlee run run pass offense is just bewildering to the point where a lot of us who expected a big loss and were prepared to look past this game, just can’t. That will be engrained in my brain like the Coley halfback pass in the snow and Dan Enos’ soggy unlaminated ink running play sheet.

I mean you’re being measured and logical. I think the horror of seeing that 3rd and 7 run up the Bama middle Lashlee run run pass offense is just bewildering to the point where a lot of us who expected a big loss and were prepared to look past this game, just can’t. That will be engrained in my brain like the Coley halfback pass in the snow and Dan Enos’ soggy unlamented ink running play sheet.

It’s been shown King made the wrong read on that 3rd down play. He should have made the throw to Rambo in the flat.

Not sure what he was thinking there.

Advertisement
I mean you’re being measured and logical. I think the horror of seeing that 3rd and 7 run up the Bama middle Lashlee run run pass offense is just bewildering to the point where a lot of us who expected a big loss and were prepared to look past this game, just can’t. That will be engrained in my brain like the Coley halfback pass in the snow and Dan Enos’ soggy unlamented ink running play sheet.
It was like Richt was still calling plays. Hey, trying running into the back of the right guard and see what happens.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but in CFB, the most important determining factor for winning, is resource allocation. Not talent. I suggest you, and others who share your misguided views, learn more about this program's financial situation.

Attachments

• University of Miami athletics budget.pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 45
It’s been shown King made the wrong read on that 3rd down play. He should have made the throw to Rambo in the flat.

Not sure what he was thinking there.

I don't think King is healthy, or even close to 100%. Let me preface this by saying I really liked how he threw the ball on Saturday. **** near every ball was on-time, and right where it needed to be. Granted, there weren't a lot of vertical shots, but even the ones we did take were thrown well, and the short to intermediate stuff was absolutely pinpoint, and with velocity. There is NOTHING wrong with his arm and I think he's going to put up some big-time passing numbers this year.

But his knee is not right. Maybe the sack fumble scared the staff, maybe he's not trusting it, maybe the gameplan was to play it conservative with his legs, I'm not sure. But did we run a single designed QB run besides the 4th and a foot? And did he pull the ball a single time on zone-read? I can't imagine they played it perfectly every single time where the correct play was to give the ball off.

Sorry, this isn't much to do with this thread, just something I've been thinking and your post got me typing. He didn't look particularly bad when he scrambled, but there's something up there. Not surprising given he had major reconstructive surgery 8 months ago, but that "100%" talk is exactly what I thought it was. Bull****.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but in CFB, the most important determining factor for winning, is resource allocation. Not talent. I suggest you, and others who share your misguided views, learn more about this program's financial situation.

U’re spewing the same bull chit every thread, and it’s annoying af. TX has more resources than us, so does USCe, Arkansas, Michigan St, Tennessee, & per u, **** near every school. So just stop the nonsense.

Advertisement
U’re spewing the same bull chit every thread, and it’s annoying af. TX has more resources than us, so does USCe, Arkansas, Michigan St, Tennessee, & per u, **** near every school. So just stop the nonsense.

It's annoying because you live in an alternate universe. You're struggling with comprehension. I'm not saying it's the ONLY thing that matters genius. I'm saying it's the MOST IMPORTANT factor in CFB. Look around and survey the landscape, and tell me which program is able to offset lack of resource allocation with talent? You believe that bullshyt, because in your distorted reality, you think S.FLA 3 stars, are better than 4 & 5 stars from other states. LMAO

All things considered, I put the 3rd and 7 call ahead of every single abysmal one we have seen over the last 15 years.

I think that play was on King. He made and makes alot of bad reads in these read plays and Lashlee needs to start calling plays on 3rd down.

Advertisement
I don't think King is healthy, or even close to 100%. Let me preface this by saying I really liked how he threw the ball on Saturday. **** near every ball was on-time, and right where it needed to be. Granted, there weren't a lot of vertical shots, but even the ones we did take were thrown well, and the short to intermediate stuff was absolutely pinpoint, and with velocity. There is NOTHING wrong with his arm and I think he's going to put up some big-time passing numbers this year.

But his knee is not right. Maybe the sack fumble scared the staff, maybe he's not trusting it, maybe the gameplan was to play it conservative with his legs, I'm not sure. But did we run a single designed QB run besides the 4th and a foot? And did he pull the ball a single time on zone-read? I can't imagine they played it perfectly every single time where the correct play was to give the ball off.

Sorry, this isn't much to do with this thread, just something I've been thinking and your post got me typing. He didn't look particularly bad when he scrambled, but there's something up there. Not surprising given he had major reconstructive surgery 8 months ago, but that "100%" talk is exactly what I thought it was. Bull****.
Had similar thoughts. It also seems- after hearing not only Lashlee but Like ‘s comments today- that they were more likely pass plays he didn’t make the right read in

It's annoying because you live in an alternate universe. You're struggling with comprehension. I'm not saying it's the ONLY thing that matters genius. I'm saying it's the MOST IMPORTANT factor in CFB. Look around and survey the landscape, and tell me which program is able to offset lack of resource allocation with talent? You believe that bullshyt, because in your distorted reality, you think S.FLA 3 stars, are better than 4 & 5 stars from other states. LMAO

L-M-A-O

The funniest chit on this board going, u believing the bull chit u post. Lol.

So let me understand:

B/c we don’t have the “resources” that’s why we couldn’t beat FIU or La Tech in 2019? That’s why our 4 & 5 star Top247 ranked players allowed the most rushing yards in a single game last season? B/c we’re broke, that’s why we allowed a team full of 2 and 3 stars race out to a 28-0 lead against us?

Wait, wait…so b/c of lack of resources & finances, we were forced to spend $4m to pay Temple a buyout fee for Diaz?? Lol.

So let me get this straight, so b/c of resources, it tied our hands to do a coaching search after Richt gave us a blank check???!

LMAO, so U’re telling me, the reason y we got smoked 48-0 at our house was b/c Shannon’s 1st round picks couldn’t compete w/ UVA’s future grocery & shoe salesmen?? So we can’t win a DIVISION full of UDFAs on majority of our opponent’s roster, b/c everyone’s No star & 2 star players are better than our 4 & 5 star player b/c, wait for it, they play for a school w/ better resources??

MAN-O-MAN, where were u at when Bobby Bowden needed the goal post to move on all them wide rights? Lol.

I learned something new today, and I thank u for it; here it was I thought we had a global warming issue due to over utilizing earth’s natural resources. Nope, I realize it’s all the hot gas coming out ur *** to defend this school’s incompetency due to lack of resources. Lol.

Last edited:
Like Texas A&M had before Jimbo, and Bama before Saban. Im sure it was resources that cause Mark Richt to be dumpster juice at UGA and get beat by the worse looking UF teams. How about Ohio St before Tressell, what about USC before Pete Carroll? And Clemson, they had a thing named after them, Clemsoning, it was all about resources breh. And who can forget Texas, 1 title in around 60 years, surely lack of resources

Advertisement
1. Talent
2. Coaching
3. Recruiting staff & Analysts
4. Other staff
5. Facilities

Miami has done pretty good with 1,3,4,5. Cmr wins 11-12 if he has King vs Rosier. CMD wins 9 in year one with on of the brothers kicking OR King at QB or Lashlee at OC.

Overall, we are heading in the right direction but we also have some serious question marks after Bama. DE in the flats with the play rolling the other way. Mallory and Nelson getting mauled multiple times by smaller guys…

Advertisement
Back