Cmr supporters

Advertisement
It's damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

I don't believe he can, or will be fired before the season ends. I believe it would be a bigger disaster if Richt was fired before the season ends. Who would he be replaced with? Diaz? One of the other assistants? How would it affect recruiting? Many variables to consider then just on-field performance.

If the slide continues the rest of the season and the BOT grows a pair and let's Richt go, who are viable replacements (other than Davis)? What does that portray to potential candidates? What does that portray to recruits? Again, many variables to consider.

Any scenario must consider the ramifications of whatever the decision - especially recruiting. We've lacked the needed talent for years now. Can we afford to start over again re-building the talent or would a change at HC jump start recruiting.

Lots of questions that I can't answer. Too many variables.

Some people just take longer to accept the truth. Last year was exciting. I turned blind eye to the obvious flaws and enjoyed. This year SHOULD have been better. It is horrible and Mark appears incapable of accepting blame. For me the sooner he is gone the better but he will not be fired yet.

Some people just take longer to accept the truth. Last year was exciting. I turned blind eye to the obvious flaws and enjoyed. This year SHOULD have been better. It is horrible and Mark appears incapable of accepting blame. For me the sooner he is gone the better but he will not be fired yet.

This year should have been better. However, you don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors. Just because Mark isn’t saying “I suck and need to change OC” at press conferences doesn’t mean the guy doesn’t know enough football to know it isn’t working. The truth is until January all he can do is say we have to execute better to keep the players trying harder.

In January he has to make changes or the end will have begun for him

Advertisement
Boy, this thread is really set up for an open and objective discussion, huh? No agenda at all.

I don't consider myself a Richt defender or a Richt slurper, but you do realize it is possible to both be very disappointed and angry with the current state of the program and pin a lot of that blame on CMR and his staff, while at the same time not feeling firing him tomorrow and starting over with an entire new regime is in the best interest of the program right now, right?

But go ahead and down vote me and call me a slurper anyhow, as that's clearly what you want with this thread.

How dare you post a mature, well-reasoned, fair response to a question framed to make anyone who disagrees with the questioners premise to be a fool or mentally disabled.

Firing Mark Richt would go down in Canes history as the decision that forevermore destroyed a once proud program. No experienced, quality coach who is in his right mind would even dedicate 5 seconds of thought to coming down here, although it would allow for a good laugh. All top recruits would know better than sign with a program that plays musical chairs with their Head Coaches.

Most any serious person knows the above to be true, which makes one wonder how many of the pro-fire Mark Richt herd are really fans of other programs.

This year should have been better. However, you don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors. Just because Mark isn’t saying “I suck and need to change OC” at press conferences doesn’t mean the guy doesn’t know enough football to know it isn’t working. The truth is until January all he can do is say we have to execute better to keep the players trying harder.

In January he has to make changes or the end will have begun for him

True. But I will bet money he does not fire his son. He came up under Bobby.

It's also important to the analysis to recognize that CMR is not being fired this year no matter how much people b-tch, how many banners fly, or how many of you boycott the team. That's just reality, whether that's a good thing or not. I think there will be changes mandated on him, and those changes are sorely needed; but unless he chooses to resign after this year, he will be our coach in 2019 and I believe likely well beyond that. So if you accept that as fact (which I have), then it's not matter of "accepting" the current state of affairs. How can anyone who gives a sh-t about this program "accept" where we are right now?!? But because I don't believe anything will result in him being fired right now (again, whether that's a good thing or not) I don't see what is to be gained by focusing all your energy on napalming anything and everything associated with CMR on a 24/7 basis.

“I think there will be changes mandated on him”

Why? They didn’t mandate changes from Golden why would they from Ritch.

True. But I will bet money he does not fire his son. He came up under Bobby.

That's true. Our best bet may be that he starts coaching QBs more if he's not the OC. Let Jon Richt spend his time recruiting. It's not right but whatever. Just get an OC!

Advertisement
They wont answer.

They are the same Folden/Radio slurpers who gloated after every loss that their hero "is still our coach".

They are Hillary slurpers who must always respect the infalibility of Shalala and the liberals who ****ed our program.
Shalala is in the house,, double damned season..

I think he's done a great job. He's raised money, recruited well, and built the IPF. The product on the field will change, starting Saturday. Will a double-digit win quiet some of you whiners?
No, but it would wreck my parlay card..

I don't believe he can, or will be fired before the season ends. I believe it would be a bigger disaster if Richt was fired before the season ends. Who would he be replaced with? Diaz? One of the other assistants? How would it affect recruiting? Many variables to consider then just on-field performance.

If the slide continues the rest of the season and the BOT grows a pair and let's Richt go, who are viable replacements (other than Davis)? What does that portray to potential candidates? What does that portray to recruits? Again, many variables to consider.

Any scenario must consider the ramifications of whatever the decision - especially recruiting. We've lacked the needed talent for years now. Can we afford to start over again re-building the talent or would a change at HC jump start recruiting.

What I'm seeing is that half of CIS disagrees with that. They're saying if you stop to consider that firing Richt might bring some unwanted consequences or just acknowledge that it's not happening this year you're clearly a delusional slurper. If you're willing to consider any course of action short of burning down the building you're a sell-out.

And there's no talking to people like that.

Advertisement

Top drawer recruits are not beating a path to our door now.
A lame duck CMR next year is just adding to the decay of our once proud program..

What I'm seeing is that half of CIS disagrees with that. They're saying if you stop to consider that firing Richt might bring some unwanted consequences or just acknowledge that it's not happening this year you're clearly a delusional slurper. If you're willing to consider any course of action short of burning down the building you're a sell-out.

And there's no talking to people like that.

The building is already burning down. It’s time to remove the arsonist.

Advertisement
Boy, this thread is really set up for an open and objective discussion, huh? No agenda at all.

I don't consider myself a Richt defender or a Richt slurper, but you do realize it is possible to both be very disappointed and angry with the current state of the program and pin a lot of that blame on CMR and his staff, while at the same time not feeling firing him tomorrow and starting over with an entire new regime is in the best interest of the program right now, right?

But go ahead and down vote me and call me a slurper anyhow, as that's clearly what you want with this thread.

It is interesting to me that the same people criticizing Richt for panicking and pulling N'Kosi too early in the Virginia game are not willing to apply the same argument and analogy in this case.

Look at logic.
There’s only three ways this plays out:
1. Richt gets tired of it and retires
2. He gets an OC and makes staff changes
3. He refuses to make changes and the wheels fall off next year (even though we’ve lost a few wheels this year)

*****ing about him getting fired for Butch is a waste of time.

It’s really just that simple.

Richt tried things his way, and it is painfully obvious that it’s not working. He is a &hit playbook creator and play caller, and his staff needs drastic improvements.

Now if he humbled himself and makes the necessary changes that everyone is clamoring for, then I’ll tip my hat to him. But if he digs his heels in and makes it a point to continue things as is with the staff that is, then he is stupidly stubborn and I’m done with him.

I have been wrestling with the possibility that maybe I'm demanding unrealistic results from Richt, and that maybe he wants to use his own recipe to cook the meal, rather than use someone else's.

But the decisions Richt has made, the questionable handling of the QB situation, not scheming against teams differently, the lack of awareness to have a strong game plan offensively week in and week out. The inability to find ways to get the ball in the hands of game-changers regularly. ****, or to even give the QB an extra second in the pocket, or a run pass option that's ran with purpose and that keeps the defense on their heels. This is what validates my belief that Richt is what our record shows him to be, and that he will never yield great success at Miami. He just seems like he's playing pin the tail on the donkey out there. Meanwhile other coaches are trying to win National Championships.

Advertisement
Back