Cmr supporters

For me? No. Winning the last 3 would take some part of the boiling frustration out of me. But the 3 straight losses to UVA, BC and Duke were simply unacceptable and us not getting to Charlotte in a year where the division is THIS bad makes me irate as ****. The only way CMR is getting back on my good side is changes made in the offseason and results on the field from those changes in 2019

I agree that changes need to be made. Getting to 8-4 is what we need to do. 2019 will be what I judge him off!

Advertisement
What a ridiculous thread, you'd be better off just starting a post "I'm looking for a fight".

I'll play along though.

1. I don't suddenly believe he's forgotten how to coach.
2. 2.5 seasons is not a good benchmark of whether he'll succeed or fail.
3. A regime change now would doom the program for a few reasons, the optics would be ridiculous from the outside. We've sucked for a long time and to expect an overnight turnaround would be viewed as completely unrealistic and keep quality coaches from coming on board. Our perception of ourselves is way out of kilter with the rest of CFB.

I'm still supporting CMR
huh.gif

There still seem to be quite a few posters who defend / slurp cmr

Why is it?

Is it:
1. Despite the current state of the program, declining recruiting, his previous history of not winning big, do you truly believe he’ll turn it around
2. Do you slurp him just to troll others like j jagr
3. Are you just a personal fan of his
4. Know he isn’t the answer but since he ain’t going nowhere just support him anyways

Define slurp?

I didn't say it was reasonable to accept this notion. I am not a player in whether he gets fired or retained. I just genuinely don't believe he will be fired this off season even if we were to lose our last 3 games. Again, I'm not saying he SHOULDN'T be, so you don't need to jab at me personally like I'm the one making the call. But because I absolutely don't believe he WILL, again, I don't see the benefit in fanatically attacking CMR daily on every possible front you can think of.

+1 to "I don't see the benefit in fanatically attacking CMR daily on every possible front you can think of."

Advertisement
There still seem to be quite a few posters who defend / slurp cmr

Why is it?

Is it:
1. Despite the current state of the program, declining recruiting, his previous history of not winning big, do you truly believe he’ll turn it around
2. Do you slurp him just to troll others like j jagr
3. Are you just a personal fan of his
4. Know he isn’t the answer but since he ain’t going nowhere just support him anyways

Well we should all support him while he is the coach of UM.

Ironically, you do know that how you are interpreting that Dylan Thomas quote (which is about death) can apply to Richt's own situation too? Apparently, he is not ready to hang it up though some of you guys think the game has passed him by. He continues to do what he has always done even though fans are turning against him, and the program is in apparent demise.

Oh, I was keenly aware of that as I wrote the post.

All the more reason to make it as difficult and uncomfortable as possible for him to "rage against the dying of the light".

If he decides to do that by going outside his comfort zone, firing his son, and hiring an offensive genius and giving them control to bring the offense to the cutting edge, working his *** off to seek every competitive advantage possible, and turning in to a complete Saban-esque win-at-all-costs douchebag, and comes out and goes 14-1 next year, I will be the happiest motherfvcker alive to have been proven wrong.

If, on the other hand, he responds to this adversity by bunkering in like a coward, using his players as human shields, making nonsensical nip around the edges changes just to say he made changes, or worse, just doesn't make any changes at all, and continues to lie, deflect, excuse make, and sulk in his public comments, the seat is only going to continue getting hotter and more miserable, and more and more fans are going to continue to have their eyes opened as to the type of coach and man he really is.

Change is coming, the only question is whether Richt participates in those decisions and how much damage is caused.

Advertisement
I'm not a usurper just a cane fan who bleeds orange and green.doesn't look like cmr is the answer but I think some of us need to realize just how run down the canes are after 15 yrs of mediocrity.we all knew in 2016 it'd be 2-3 years before we'd make some noise because of the talent that was lacking on this team.hope you allow the next hc time and don't expect a quick turn around.

I'm not a usurper just a cane fan who bleeds orange and green.doesn't look like cmr is the answer but I think some of us need to realize just how run down the canes are after 15 yrs of mediocrity.we all knew in 2016 it'd be 2-3 years before we'd make some noise because of the talent that was lacking on this team.hope you allow the next hc time and don't expect a quick turn around.

Big difference between an instant turnaround and worst offense and special teams in P5 and can't even play with DUKE!!!

Seriously, some of you people....

We're 5-7 for our last 12 games, bro, don't talk to me about unreasonable expectations.

Oh, I was keenly aware of that as I wrote the post.

All the more reason to make it as difficult and uncomfortable as possible for him to "rage against the dying of the light".

If he decides to do that by going outside his comfort zone, firing his son, and hiring an offensive genius and giving them control to bring the offense to the cutting edge, working his *** off to seek every competitive advantage possible, and turning in to a complete Saban-esque win-at-all-costs douchebag, and comes out and goes 14-1 next year, I will be the happiest motherfvcker alive to have been proven wrong.

If, on the other hand, he responds to this adversity by bunkering in like a coward, using his players as human shields, making nonsensical nip around the edges changes just to say he made changes, or worse, just doesn't make any changes at all, and continues to lie, deflect, excuse make, and sulk in his public comments, the seat is only going to continue getting hotter and more miserable, and more and more fans are going to continue to have their eyes opened as to the type of coach and man he really is.

Change is coming, the only question is whether Richt participates in those decisions and how much damage is caused.

As a fan, I also want to see something positive come out of this. But the point I am making is we will all have our own personal rage to whatever we think is our dying light. To each man is entitled his own rage, no matter how self-destructive, productive, or how feeble, forceful. Richt will do whatever he wants to do and owns it, no matter what we think, or how we feel about it. I personally wish the man no ill will. Some are taking this **** way too personal. I get it, but still way too personal. Someone posted here about his mother, gr. mother passing away recently and shared a healthy dose of proper perspective.

Advertisement
Every coach has a point in his tenure that he has to make changes. Fans have to allow them to make those changes (in the offseason) before becoming toxic.

Now we could all say they should have been made last year but no way that happens when you have the best season in 15 years with Rosier at the helm

Big difference between an instant turnaround and worst offense and special teams in P5 and can't even play with DUKE!!!

Seriously, some of you people....

We're 5-7 for our last 12 games, bro, don't talk to me about unreasonable expectations.
that's true but you like most here fail to realize just how bad overall this team has become.if cmr was fired right now it'd still take the new hc a couple yrs to get this mess sorted out.

Advertisement
I would call Dr Kevorkian to put the football program out of it's misery, but Richt is doing a fine job.

While I believe he wants to win, and win big, he no longer has the obsessive drive common to highly successful coaches. I applaud what he has done as a fundraiser and helping with the IPF. The Paradise Camps are great start to rebuilding the recruiting wreckage of the prior three coaching regimes.

Unfortunately, the game has changed and I don't see him adapting. He is not going to become a HC-CEO and just run the program. It is not his nature. I work in software development. Richt reminds me of IT department heads promoted up from their days of using now-obsolete or little-used programming languages, managing a project based on bleeding-edge tools.

CMR needs to retire.

Too bad for you, because I am the USURPER

1541809060587.png

Advertisement
Back