Cmr supporters

There still seem to be quite a few posters who defend / slurp cmr

Why is it?

Is it:
1. Despite the current state of the program, declining recruiting, his previous history of not winning big, do you truly believe he’ll turn it around
2. Do you slurp him just to troll others like j jagr
3. Are you just a personal fan of his
4. Know he isn’t the answer but since he ain’t going nowhere just support him anyways

Misleading post title - thought it was an advertisement for Jocks - certainly can't be any CMR supporters out there.

Advertisement
You just opened your big fat mouth and inserted your foot. When did we join the acc how long has it been since we sniffed acccg.in fact last year is first time the canes actually made any noise in regards to the acc.
Golden finished in a 3 way tie for the Coastal...with sanctions looming over his head.

Golden finished in a 3 way tie for the Coastal...with sanctions looming over his head.
How long did it take for the canes to win the coastal.you say we have the talent to play for the coastal every year.history has shown we didn't and don't have it right now.this team lacks the altitude of a winner and doesn't know what it takes to be one that's why I say it won't be a quick turn around for a new hc.

Ok so we agree CMR is just the same as the other bum coaches...but with 15 years prior HC experience. Same issues as all the others...inability to game plan and motivate players properly. The talent excuse is lame (as it pertains to being able to win the Coastal)...the recruiting rankings and NFL draft support that. We have the necessary talent to win the Coastal, always have...just have too many knuckleheads running the show.

Richt supporters are kidding themselves.

He ws unable to win a natty at UGA, he will not bring #6 to Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Richt supporters are kidding themselves.

He ws unable to win a natty at UGA, he will not bring #6 to Coral Gables.

I still don’t see anyone supporting Richt. How about we acknowledge positions involving dealing with the situation we have instead of the fantasy that we can get Richt fired right now?

I mean, please explain the path you see. I just can't see it, Elaine.

What is your rebuilding plan that includes keeping in charge the man who has lost all credibility with the fans, players, and recruits?

We're listening.
I saw a good group of canes fans in Atlanta. I guess there are still a few of us believers, in the program.

I still don’t see anyone supporting Richt. How about we acknowledge positions involving dealing with the situation we have instead of the fantasy that we can get Richt fired right now?

There remain a few. Richt's current leadership of the overall Miami program is nothing short of a failure at this point.

The recruited athletes don't have the raw talent to overcome the organizational deficiencies.

VERY BAD combination.

I said it in another post, and I'll say it again: it is now part of the conversation that Miami loses the rest of this year and goes winless for 2019.

I'm not saying winless in 2019 is going to happen, but it is FAR MORE likely to occur than going umdefeated.

Mark my words. Will I eat crow next year?

Advertisement
There remain a few. Richt's current leadership of the overall Miami program is nothing short of a failure at this point.

The recruited athletes don't have the raw talent to overcome the organizational deficiencies.

VERY BAD combination.

I said it in another post, and I'll say it again: it is now part of the conversation that Miami loses the rest of this year and goes winless for 2019.

I'm not saying winless in 2019 is going to happen, but it is FAR MORE likely to occur than going umdefeated.

Mark my words. Will I eat crow next year?

Winless won't happen, but as of now there's no reason to expect next year to be any better. At this moment I would guess 6-7 wins next year if nothing changes. I'm hopeful that Richt will make some useful changes in the offseason, but right now it doesn't look good.

Boy, this thread is really set up for an open and objective discussion, huh? No agenda at all.

I don't consider myself a Richt defender or a Richt slurper, but you do realize it is possible to both be very disappointed and angry with the current state of the program and pin a lot of that blame on CMR and his staff, while at the same time not feeling firing him tomorrow and starting over with an entire new regime is in the best interest of the program right now, right?

But go ahead and down vote me and call me a slurper anyhow, as that's clearly what you want with this thread.

Mark Richt has not given you one iota of belief that this job is for him, he literally went into the end of last season with glaring holes to fix and did nothing at all to fix them. You can say Mark Richt is a great human being and still say he should be fired today, it is possible to have those two conclusions. This job is not the right thing for him or us and it is literally the day to end it, not at the end of the season, not 2 years from now or 5 years from now, you literally watched UGA play that game for years. There is no fire or desire in Richt and his decision-making and coaching hires, namely at QB coach seem to be made for personal reasons.

I like the guy as a person, he is not the right person to continue as our head coach.

Advertisement
Winless won't happen, but as of now there's no reason to expect next year to be any better. At this moment I would guess 6-7 wins next year if nothing changes. I'm hopeful that Richt will make some useful changes in the offseason, but right now it doesn't look good.

Don't be so sure on winless wont happen.

Not saying it will, but its a small, but legitimate, part of.conversation as things stand at this moment in time.

Don't be so sure on winless wont happen.

Not saying it will, but its a small, but legitimate, part of.conversation as things stand at this moment in time.

I get your point, I just think the waters of debate are being muddied by the need to explore every single doom and gloom scenario no matter how unlikely.

We must have different definitions of supporting. Are you not advocating that he remain Head Coach? And if you’re not, then why do you continue to argue?

Advertisement
Back