Cmr supporters

Advertisement
.............Should all turn in their Cane Fan Cards cause they are rooting for total program failure if they are still slurping him at this point.

I didn't say it was reasonable to accept this notion. I am not a player in whether he gets fired or retained. I just genuinely don't believe he will be fired this off season even if we were to lose our last 3 games. Again, I'm not saying he SHOULDN'T be, so you don't need to jab at me personally like I'm the one making the call. But because I absolutely don't believe he WILL, again, I don't see the benefit in fanatically attacking CMR daily on every possible front you can think of.

I don't believe I attacked you personally, but apologies if it was taken that way.

I just don't accept this notion that because those in power don't want change, the rest of us just have to acquiesce to that and eat the big fat **** burger. Those of us who won't shut up about Richt needing to go are doing so because we see the damage he is causing and we love this program and want to see it survive.

I'm not equating this football situation with crimes against humanity, but John Stewart Mill was right when, in 1867 he said “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

"Do not go gentle into that good night,...
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
- Dylan Thomas

Only pressure felt by the school and CMR will end this miserable decline into oblivion. By saying and doing nothing, we only countenance continued failure and destruction. That, my friend, is the point.

None are so blind as those who slurp. You didn't grade your own math tests for a reason Kevin. You're not in a position to be final arbiter of such self matters.

You think you’re slick using partial quotes. Idiots have to block out context to make their point.

Advertisement
I don't believe I attacked you personally, but apologies if it was taken that way.

I just don't accept this notion that because those in power don't want change, the rest of us just have to acquiesce to that and eat the big fat **** burger. Those of us who won't shut up about Richt needing to go are doing so because we see the damage he is causing and we love this program and want to see it survive.

I'm not equating this football situation with crimes against humanity, but John Stewart Mill was right when, in 1867 he said “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

- Dylan Thomas

Only pressure felt by the school and CMR will end this miserable decline into oblivion. By saying and doing nothing, we only countenance continued failure and destruction. That, my friend, is the point.
Well said, man. And I respect that opinion. I didn't feel you personally attacked me, BTW, but appreciate your comment. I was just heading off people jumping on me personally which I anticipated would happen when I said "I don't think he will be fired even if we were to lose the final 3 games" by pointing out I wasn't personally saying that is the right call, I just believe it to be a fact.

Well said, man. And I respect that opinion. I didn't feel you personally attacked me, BTW, but appreciate your comment. I was just heading off people jumping on me personally which I anticipated would happen when I said "I don't think he will be fired even if we were to lose the final 3 games" by pointing out I wasn't personally saying that is the right call, I just believe it to be a fact.

Look at logic.
There’s only three ways this plays out:
1. Richt gets tired of it and retires
2. He gets an OC and makes staff changes
3. He refuses to make changes and the wheels fall off next year (even though we’ve lost a few wheels this year)

*****ing about him getting fired for Butch is a waste of time.

So, you fall under 1 above.

You do have some faith that he’ll figure it out, or you wouldn’t see the value in giving him more time.
I'd agree with that, but I'd put it a little differently. My belief that he may figure it out if the right changes are made (bringing in an OC and giving up calling plays, getting rid of Jr as QB coach, doing SOMETHING to change the utter disgrace that special teams has become, hopefully finding a solution at QB, doing something to seal up this putrid o-line) outweighs what I believe would be the detrimental impact to the program if CMR were fired in January and we start over with an entire new regime for 2019.

I'm not saying that's correct, and I respect the opinions of those who disagree. But being in only his 3rd year and having a dogsh-it o-line and what appears to be not even a mediocre solution at QB right now - which, yes, I understand he shoulders blame for both of those as well - I don't feel an entire change right now is the best route for our program. That is also in part due to the fact that I don't see this White Knight HC out there that is going to come to Miami and swoop in and suddenly make everything peaches and cream and have us dominating the CFB landscape in 12mos flat. I don't believe that coach exists; or I definitely don't see one out there that we would pull to Miami. And again, as I said above, whether for better or for worse I don't think CMR is going anywhere anytime soon unless he choose to retire. So if that's the case, I'd rather hope the right changes are made and hope they get the program back on track than spend all my time and energy planning a CMR counterinsurgency.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'd agree with that, but I'd put it a little differently. My belief that he may figure it out if the right changes are made (bringing in an OC and giving up calling plays, getting rid of Jr as QB coach, doing SOMETHING to change the utter disgrace that special teams has become, hopefully finding a solution at QB, doing something to seal up this putrid o-line) outweighs what I believe would be the detrimental impact to the program if CMR were fired in January and we start over with an entire new regime for 2019. I'm not saying that's correct, and I respect the opinions of those who disagree. But being in only his 3rd year and having a dogsh-it o-line and what appears to be not even a mediocre solution at QB right now - which, yes, I understand he shoulders blame for both of those as well - I don't feel an entire change right now is the best route for our program. That is also in part due to the fact that I don't see this White Knight HC out there that is going to come to Miami and swoop in and suddenly make everything peaches and cream and have us dominating the CFB landscape in 12mos flat. I don't believe that coach exists; or I definitely don't see one out there that we would pull to Miami. And again, as I said above, whether for better or for worse I don't think CMR is going anywhere anytime soon unless he choose to retire. So if that's the case, I'd rather hope the right changes are made and hope they get the program back on track than spend all my time and energy planning a CMR counterinsurgency.
See that.. we didn’t argue at all.

Take note CIS. We did not argue at all.

- Dylan Thomas

Ironically, you do know that how you are interpreting that Dylan Thomas quote (which is about death) can apply to Richt's own situation too? Apparently, he is not ready to hang it up though some of you guys think the game has passed him by. He continues to do what he has always done even though fans are turning against him, and the program is in apparent demise.

They are cut from the same cloth of CMR. Inability to observe and adapt to the current environment, and think beyond their original thought process.
Yes, most of us are super frustrated that Richt reacts so slowly to the changing environment (picking up the JUCO punter was a great move, but a year to late). This back and forth with Rosier and Nkosi should have stopped long ago. Againway too late.

We're just wondering what's next on Richt's choo choo express

Advertisement
I still have a tiny bit of hope that Richt can turn this around. I've been watching college football long enough (not saying you guys haven't) to understand that a coach has a "down year". It happens. It is inevitable. Saban, Meyer, Dabo, and Peterson, the top coaches in NCAAF have all had down years. ND and Michigan come to mind as well.

But, this game is it for me. Richt owns GT. He knows how to prepare for the Triple Option. Since 2001, Richt has only lost twice vs GT (2008, 2014) and in both games, the loss came by less than a TD. Also, Richt has never lost at Bobby Dodd Stadium vs GT. If Rich cannot get a win Saturday night vs GT, then that is the definite sign for me that he has to go.

I'm willing to give him more time except if a loss to GT occurs Saturday night. If Richt loses, for me, he has to go.

Either way though, I firmly believe that Searles will be replaced at the end of the year and an OC/QB coach will be brought in. That has to happen and I think Richt knows it and that is why he has had an attitude problem the past few media sessions. He knows he has to replace Searles and J. Richt.

I think he's done a great job. He's raised money, recruited well, and built the IPF. The product on the field will change, starting Saturday. Will a double-digit win quiet some of you whiners?

There still seem to be quite a few posters who defend / slurp cmr

Why is it?

Is it:
1. Despite the current state of the program, declining recruiting, his previous history of not winning big, do you truly believe he’ll turn it around
2. Do you slurp him just to troll others like j jagr
3. Are you just a personal fan of his
4. Know he isn’t the answer but since he ain’t going nowhere just support him anyways
I support him because I understand where this program was b4 he even got here. I understand it was never gonna be a 3 year process. I’ve seen what he can do when he inherited a talented underachieving roster last year. Despite the injuries. I’ve always thought it was a 4-5 year process. MR isn’t doing any further damage to this program as some believe. And lastly I’ll support any coach we hire because I’m a fan of Miami. I supported Shannon until it was clear. Same with golden until that 2014 year. And unless MR doesn’t show upward improvement next year, I’ll support him in year 5

Advertisement
Will a double-digit win quiet some of you whiners?
For me? No. Winning the last 3 would take some part of the boiling frustration out of me. But the 3 straight losses to UVA, BC and Duke were simply unacceptable and us not getting to Charlotte in a year where the division is THIS bad makes me irate as ****. The only way CMR is getting back on my good side is changes made in the offseason and results on the field from those changes in 2019

LMAO at posters down-voting people who offer a different perspective/opinion than theirs, perfect microcosm of today's society.

I think he's done a great job. He's raised money, recruited well, and built the IPF. The product on the field will change, starting Saturday. Will a double-digit win quiet some of you whiners?
palm.gif

Advertisement
Back