CMR sad about seeing star players skip bowl games.

reflection of society . . . no loyalty . . . and i'm not talking to your school, i'm talking to your teammates and bros you've worked hard with.

everyone continues to bring up smith from notre dame as the reason not to play . . . but what about the thousands of other players that have played in the bowl game and didn't get hurt . . .

i couldn't let me guys down, the concept of team is the essence of football

^^^^Real man, right there^^^^

Real men worry about their own business and dont gossip and talk like a chatty chick about another mans business.

How would you know? Your posts are b1tchmade.

"My posts sound tougher than yours." Ok wanna be tough guy.

Advertisement
These types of threads are great for outing the ghey boys.

Dynasty, you can be a pickle puffer and be a team player. Look no further than Sherman Helmsley. There was no bigger team player than Sherman Helmsley and he had a steady diet of tube steak.

I couldn't think of a better example than Sherman. All that guy wanted to do was suck dyck 24/7, but he threw that clown suit on and shucked and jived for America every week reinforcing racial stereotypes and acting like he wasn't completely repulsed by Weezy's touch. The ultimate team player.

reflection of society . . . no loyalty . . . and i'm not talking to your school, i'm talking to your teammates and bros you've worked hard with.

everyone continues to bring up smith from notre dame as the reason not to play . . . but what about the thousands of other players that have played in the bowl game and didn't get hurt . . .

^^^^Real man, right there^^^^

Real men worry about their own business and dont gossip and talk like a chatty chick about another mans business.
Says the guy posting on the same subject on the same message board.

I'm with Richt. It's weak. Anybody's career could disappear on any play. It's the game. Don't like it? Don't play, ever.

Right, they dont like it so the arent playing. Bunch of hater, jealous fantasizers who are mad they arent these players because theyd be a warrior real man and play. Go work your *** off and make something of your lives like these men are.

You're not really that dim are you? You don't seem to grasp the concept of loyalty and brotherhood, you know standing by your commitment to those that count on you and have also sacrificed all season/career to help you succeed.

I'm with Richt. It's weak. Anybody's career could disappear on any play. It's the game. Don't like it? Don't play, ever.

Right, they dont like it so the arent playing. Bunch of hater, jealous fantasizers who are mad they arent these players because theyd be a warrior real man and play. Go work your *** off and make something of your lives like these men are.

How old are you son?

Obviously old enough to have developed an unquenchable thirst for male reproductive fluid.

Advertisement

How old are you son?

Im in my late 30s and dont base my life on how much i can troll spam and look tough on message boards "son". I do work in real life and dont hen peck other mens life decisions.

You're not really that dim are you? You don't seem to grasp the concept of loyalty and brotherhood, you know standing by your commitment to those that count on you and have also sacrificed all season/career to help you succeed.

Yeah but Lenny ********'s teammates aren't as good as him so they don't matter.

They arent in the military we are talking about a meaningless thing in the grand scheme of things and you try to make it like the weight of mankind is at stake.

How old are you son?

Im in my late 30s and dont base my life on how much i can troll spam and look tough on message boards "son". I do work in real life and dont hen peck other mens life decisions.

WTF does that entail?

I never expected a 30+ yo male to be such a snowflake.

Advertisement

They arent in the military we are talking about a meaningless thing in the grand scheme of things and you try to make it like the weight of mankind is at stake.

It's not meaningless to a lot of people who have invested a lot of time, energy, effort and money into it. It means a lot to almost everyone involved in it-except the asswipes why have quit on their teams.

It's obviously meaningful to you because you're posting about it on a message board.

These are the same types of guys that retire when they are 28 years old and say that they don't want to keep doing damage to their bodies. You think they really care about winning? How many Super Bowls did Megatron win? They want to get that pay day and go on their way.

I guarantee Fournette retires from the NFL before he turns 30.

Actually those are the smart ones. Once you have enough money to live on the rest of your life why ***** your brain up anymore ant risk an early demise.

Well once upon a time, guys cared about their teammates and winning Championships. Ronnie Lott had his **** finger chopped off so he didn't miss an extended period of time and hurt his team. Good thing other professions don't operate like this. Would suck if your heart surgeon walked out in the middle of your triple bypass because he felt like he had already made enough money for the day.

Therein lies the problem, yes the entire sport is meaningless, but he chose to participate and to ask his teammates to sacrifice to make him great and he ****'s on them when it convenient for him.

K so you work at a job. Tomorow someone offers you triple your salary (these guys will get millions more). If you take this job your "bros" will have to work harder to cover your duties and eventually train up a new person. I know you are taking that job.

imo this is where this split happens . . . first off, sports are unlike any other profession, namely football . . . the emphasis on team work and camaraderie is second to none . . . i can't see how i can let my guys down over the injury concern of one game . . . now others will say you owe nobody, there's an opportunity for you and you should take it . . . i'm not that guy and i want players who are not that guy

to answer you directly, if my coworkers needed me on one final big assignment, i would be there for them, then go get my millions

Advertisement
Honestly, if these players are really that concerned about injury risk, some of them should not have played at all this year. Fournette was likely the first or second running back to be drafted regardless of what he did this year. Why even bother to suit up at all this season?

This is the reason they have insurance policies. McCaffrey's policy pays him $5 million UNTAXED dollars should he sustain a career ending injury. It will also pay him $3 million if an injury causes him to drop past the 40th overall pick in the draft. These are lump sums. Not NFL contracts which don't actually pay out anywhere near their total value and are taxed. It could be argued that Christian McCaffrey may not ever net $5 million over his NFL career.

It's not meaningless to a lot of people who have invested a lot of time, energy, effort and money into it. It means a lot to almost everyone involved in it-except the asswipes why have quit on their teams.

It's obviously meaningful to you because you're posting about it on a message board.

These guys have invested more time and effort in it themselves than you probably have in anything in your life, maybe with the exception of being a fake internet toughguy troll. Wannabe toughguys who want to try and show how tough they are are more upset than the teammates they are upset for.

Therein lies the problem, yes the entire sport is meaningless, but he chose to participate and to ask his teammates to sacrifice to make him great and he ****'s on them when it convenient for him.

you said it best . . . when x player needed his teammates to block, catch, or throw for/to him they were there to create an opportunity for x player to shine and get those millions, however now that your very close, you decide to shut it down and let those guys down, the same guys that help you get to that spot . . . fournette is garbage with this lineman busting their tail for him, same with mccaffrey . . . it's a team game, one hand washes the other #hoesaintloyalsbutteammatesare

Advertisement

These guys have invested more time and effort in it themselves than you probably have in anything in your life, maybe with the exception of being a fake internet toughguy troll. Wannabe toughguys who want to try and show how tough they are are more upset than the teammates they are upset for.

I've noticed that you seem to enjoy the word 'tough'. I'm not gonna do the Princess Bride meme on you but I will say this......

If you think you're tough let me know when you want to meat up at the Y for mat drills. I can tell you and the Turk would have instant chemistry.

And you keep arguing about it.

Honestly, if these players are really that concerned about injury risk, some of them should not have played at all this year. Fournette was likely the first or second running back to be drafted regardless of what he did this year. Why even bother to suit up at all this season?

This is the reason they have insurance policies. McCaffrey's policy pays him $5 million UNTAXED dollars should he sustain a career ending injury. It will also pay him $3 million if an injury causes him to drop past the 40th overall pick in the draft. These are lump sums. Not NFL contracts which don't actually pay out anywhere near their total value and are taxed. It could be argued that Christian McCaffrey may not ever net $5 million over his NFL career.

Now this is a much more interesting point than arguments with key words "tough", "real man", "loyalty" etc.

Because if he got hurt during his first NFL contract or worse, becomes a bust in his first NFL contract he coukd make less than his insurance payout. I heard the guy last year got 900,000 so that isna signifigant difference.

Advertisement
Back