CMR sad about seeing star players skip bowl games.

Advertisement
mark richt can speak on this because he hasnt bounced on his players yet

people like saban, tom herman, ect cant speak on this

i give runnning backs a whole difffrent outlook on it as well where i say i understand ESPECIALLY if its a meaningless bowl game december 29th or earlier

If I'm an NFL GM, you'd have to be super talented to pull that stunt. It shows that your selfish and don't love the game/team. Certain players can get away with that if talent makes up for it. If you've been dealing with injuries it's one thing but if not you're a punk

Advertisement
Easy for CMR to say when he's been pulling in 7 figures for 15 years.

If I'm a draft eligible RB with NFL potential, particularly if I came from nothing and have mouths to feed, and my future prospects could be ended or diminished with one bad hit, I'm sure as **** thinking twice before I play in the American Standard Toilet Bowl with my 6-6 team.

I figured Mark would disagree with the stance. Reading that just makes me dislike McCaffrey even more than I already did. No way he will be successful in the NFL with that mindset. He will get eaten alive in a successful team locker room.

Not everybody is following the trend, however. Aggies junior linebacker Myles Garrett, who is projected as the No. 2 overall selection on McShay's board for the 2017 NFL draft, has said he'll play in the Texas Bowl despite having not fully recovered from a nagging leg injury.

"It's just money," said Garrett, who hasn't yet officially said he's leaving for the NFL. "Relationships I make during this time or the impressions I'll make on people around me will last forever. Money will come and go."

That guy will have a good and long career. Love his mindset.

What happens if you draft one of these *** inhalers and start a season 1-6? Will he shut it down because there's nothing to play for?

Advertisement
What happens if you draft one of these *** inhalers and start a season 1-6? Will he shut it down because there's nothing to play for?

Sitting out says: I Don't Love Football. I just like the money that could make!

Both would be off my Draft Board, unless they slipped and were cheap pick ups.

These guys are "me guys" and not "team guys." They've put themselves in front of the 100 or so players, coaches and support staff who are part of those teams. It's a bullshiza move, IMO.

If I was NFL brass, I would pass on them based on that alone.

BTW, if I am with the bowls these two are playing in, I would look for a reduction in the payout as the bigger draws are not playing.

Well, yes. A lot of these football players are much too valuable to risk playing football. As soon as a team is eliminated from playoff contention, they should cancel the rest of their games. I mean, you could get a booboo playing a contact sport.

Advertisement
Are ********, McCaffrey and Linwood making the trips to their teams' respective bowl games and grabbing the bowl swag? I wouldn't be surprised if those *** socks were going and grabbing.

These guys are "me guys" and not "team guys." They've put themselves in front of the 100 or so players, coaches and support staff who are part of those teams. It's a bullshiza move, IMO.

If I was NFL brass, I would pass on them based on that alone.

BTW, if I am with the bowls these two are playing in, I would look for a reduction in the payout as the bigger draws are not playing.

Exactly, I'd be ****ed if I was the Host.

I can't imagine this will last too long.

I figured Mark would disagree with the stance. Reading that just makes me dislike McCaffrey even more than I already did. No way he will be successful in the NFL with that mindset. He will get eaten alive in a successful team locker room.

Not everybody is following the trend, however. Aggies junior linebacker Myles Garrett, who is projected as the No. 2 overall selection on McShay's board for the 2017 NFL draft, has said he'll play in the Texas Bowl despite having not fully recovered from a nagging leg injury.

"It's just money," said Garrett, who hasn't yet officially said he's leaving for the NFL. "Relationships I make during this time or the impressions I'll make on people around me will last forever. Money will come and go."

That guy will have a good and long career. Love his mindset.

Exactly my thoughts after reading the article. That's a kid I want on my team if I am an NFL GM.

Advertisement
These are the same types of guys that retire when they are 28 years old and say that they don't want to keep doing damage to their bodies. You think they really care about winning? How many Super Bowls did Megatron win? They want to get that pay day and go on their way.

I guarantee Fournette retires from the NFL before he turns 30.

BTW, this reeks of agents and other hangers on. While it's clear that these kids don't love football, everyone is trying to protect their paper, so the players, coaches, bowl games and fans suffer. I would lmao if these shysters get hurt in a different way.

Everyone is in it for the money, but the guys playing for free are supposed to ignore the money.

Advertisement
Back