CMR calling on Fans for the CUSE Game

How pathetic that our head coach has to beg fans to come out and watch the game! Smdh

Nothing new. Howard let people in free once and asked them to pay later if they liked it. Have you noticed the 49er's stadium lately -- looks fairly empty. During the Perfect Season, there were thousands of "no-shows" in the OB for Fin games. This is South Florida, not some Midwest or Norhteast metro hellhole. But when we show up, there are no better, louder, or more fantastic fans than us. Anyone who felt the OB rock will testify to that.

Advertisement
The whole, 'Miami fans in absentia' is a narrative that's as false as it is oft repeated.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-attendance-in-2016-crowds-decline-for-sixth-straight-year/

Attendance around college football has been trending downwards for awhile. All things considered (size of the school, noon or afternoon starts because of TV contracts, etc) we do pretty **** well.

We have two more games to take care of, and then we can blow the roof off the **** place with two packed out (probable) night home games in a row.

Last edited:
As a fan from way way out of town you could feel the electricity at the GT game through the tv. That was awesome.

Just got in to PSL the wind is howling up here! how is it like down south? Doesn't really matter as I'll be there early and staying till the very end no matter what!

I agree, the gt game after that meth laced rain was of the chain. Even the the club section was on their feet and acting trashy like me.
It was electric and I want more of it and you bet the players and coaches do to. We need those **** horns from the World Cup it will drive mf’s crazy. Way better than the **** cowbell section at that other school. Could you imagine trying to audible with those turns blasting!!

Advertisement
I agree, the gt game after that meth laced rain was of the chain. Even the the club section was on their feet and acting trashy like me.
It was electric and I want more of it and you bet the players and coaches do to. We need those **** horns from the World Cup it will drive mf’s crazy. Way better than the **** cowbell section at that other school. Could you imagine trying to audible with those turns blasting!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpXN8BvGp_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpXN8BvGp_o

That’s good for at least six or seven false starts

Thanks to a ton of help from the members of this board, I'm in sec 120! Driving down from the Panhandle tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Florida Canes stand up!!

Make sure to roll down the window and yell "**** all y'all" when passing through Trailerhassee and Jortsville on the way down.

I Expect there to be a fairly large contingent of Orange people. Lots of Northerners down here. We need to scream until our voices are gone. The team and coaches even recruits at the game were hearing us loud and clear.

Advertisement
South beach and coconut grove sea food festivals tomorrow. Miami heat pacers at 8. A bunch of other stuff this weekend too. If we get 55k it means it’s real fans out there and it will be LOUD! I’ll be here with the wife section 247 with the fake turnover chain and everything. Another raspy voice for Sunday morning.

These aren't excuses. There are 6 million people from Key West to Martin County. I'm sick of this, "there's other stuff to do" crap.

South beach and coconut grove sea food festivals tomorrow. Miami heat pacers at 8. A bunch of other stuff this weekend too. If we get 55k it means it’s real fans out there and it will be LOUD! I’ll be here with the wife section 247 with the fake turnover chain and everything. Another raspy voice for Sunday morning.

These aren't excuses. There are 6 million people from Key West to Martin County. I'm sick of this, "there's other stuff to do" crap.

How many Miami alums? I would say a good majority of our fans never attended the school, so we depend on people who have no real ties to the school to come out and support. Not to mention there's a crap load of people down here who went to UF and fsu.

How many Miami alums? I would say a good majority of our fans never attended the school, so we depend on people who have no real ties to the school to come out and support. Not to mention there's a crap load of people down here who went to UF and fsu.

Dammit, now you're going to make me look it up again. I did this a couple of weeks ago. It's a bigger number than you think.

Edit: 50,000 alumni in Dade County alone. FSU and UF are WAY, WAY lower in Dade.

Last edited:

It was very loud for the crowd size, especially after it started pouring. A lot of fans starting walking up and out but those that stayed absolutely erupted. Richt said on his show that when it started pouring, he heard the crowd yelling through his microphone and into his headset. LOL, also said it was so loud on our final drive, they had to go to their non verbal cadence. He even made a joke that maybe our fans should take a rest while we have the ball.

Advertisement

Dammit, now you're going to make me look it up again. I did this a couple of weeks ago. It's a bigger number than you think.

Edit: 50,000 alumni in Dade County alone. FSU and UF are WAY, WAY lower in Dade.

Ok so 50,000 how many of those actually care about football? WE can't assume every single one cares about football can we? Let's say half, and out of those 25k how many are doctors that are on call, or lawyers working on a case. Let's say 15k are free, stadium fits 65k so now you're depending on 50k to fill a stadium that are possibly not alumni catch my drift? In Tallahassee and Gainesville there's nothing but college football, those are college towns south Florida has every single major sport.

Ok so 50,000 how many of those actually care about football? WE can't assume every single one cares about football can we? Let's say half, and out of those 25k how many are doctors that are on call, or lawyers working on a case. Let's say 15k are free, stadium fits 65k so now you're depending on 50k to fill a stadium that are possibly not alumni catch my drift? In Tallahassee and Gainesville there's nothing but college football, those are college towns south Florida has every single major sport.

How many FSU alum live in Leon County? There are 38K in Leon County (where Tallahassee is located). There are 29K UF alumni in Gainesville (Alachua County). Fans come from other places first of all, and secondly, all schools draw fans that are not merely alumni.

Agreed. But a lot of season ticket holders are not showing up. I’m in section 247. Been to every home game. Check on all the sites and no tickets in that section have been for sale and it’s always half full. The gt game was the biggest crowd so far and it was the loudest since FSU and my section still half full. The lower bowl should be packed to the ****. I saw prices today on stub hub in the 100 end zones for like 20$. It’s ****ing me off too.

Advertisement

Agreed. But a lot of season ticket holders are not showing up. I’m in section 247. Been to every home game. Check on all the sites and no tickets in that section have been for sale and it’s always half full. The gt game was the biggest crowd so far and it was the loudest since FSU and my section still half full. The lower bowl should be packed to the ****. I saw prices today on stub hub in the 100 end zones for like 20$. It’s ****ing me off too.

That's fair, but I'm one of them some of the time. I have season tickets, but live in TN. I got to 3 or so games a year, but try my hardest to fill the seats other games when I can't go, but I can't always do it. My seats are filled this weekend, but they weren't for Toledo.

I Expect there to be a fairly large contingent of Orange people. Lots of Northerners down here. We need to scream until our voices are gone. The team and coaches even recruits at the game were hearing us loud and clear.

lol no

You’re totally full of shīt with this.

A private university, out in the middle of fūcking nowhere in northern NY, with about 20k undergrads, very very few in S. Florida, that doesn’t travel well.

I’ll be shocked if we even get 1,000, out of the more than around 53,000 tomorrow. Probably just a few hundred.

Do you have a reason to think otherwise?

lol no

A private university, out in the middle of fūcking nowhere in northern NY, with about 20k undergrads, very very few in S. Florida, that doesn’t travel well.

I’ll be shocked if we even get 1,000, out of the more than around 53,000 tomorrow. Probably just a few hundred.

Yeah, seriously. Syracuse fans? I remember going to the Syracuse-Florida Orange Bowl game in 1998? When they had McNabb and Konrad. SU had like 10,000 fans, maybe. That was they year they beat us 66-13. It was the freaking OB game, and they only had like 10K. I'd be shocked if they had 500 fans.

lol no

Yeah, seriously. Syracuse fans? I remember going to the Syracuse-Florida Orange Bowl game in 1998? When they had McNabb and Konrad. SU had like 10,000 fans, maybe. That was they year they beat us 66-13. It was the freaking OB game, and they only had like 10K. I'd be shocked if they had 500 fans.

I know.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

I saw like 10 GT fans at the game last week. But I’d guess there were maybe a hundred. I honestly didn’t see that many.

Honestly, there may just be a couple of dozen SU fans, now that I think it through.

Advertisement
Back