CMR calling on Fans for the CUSE Game

Advertisement
I Expect there to be a fairly large contingent of Orange people. Lots of Northerners down here. We need to scream until our voices are gone. The team and coaches even recruits at the game were hearing us loud and clear.

lol no

You’re totally full of shīt with this.

A private university, out in the middle of fūcking nowhere in northern NY, with about 20k undergrads, very very few in S. Florida, that doesn’t travel well.

I’ll be shocked if we even get 1,000, out of the more than around 53,000 tomorrow. Probably just a few hundred.

Do you have a reason to think otherwise?

Check the join date. Another one of these super Canes who just found the only Canes message board on the internet and has a bunch of weird takes.

I will be there with my wife and my son. Funny that the #1 posting ***** in this site never has anything to say when it comes to going to a game. I guess he is a "living legend" only when it comes to pounding his fingers on a keyboard.

Last edited:
I Expect there to be a fairly large contingent of Orange people. Lots of Northerners down here. We need to scream until our voices are gone. The team and coaches even recruits at the game were hearing us loud and clear.

lol no

You’re totally full of shīt with this.

A private university, out in the middle of fūcking nowhere in northern NY, with about 20k undergrads, very very few in S. Florida, that doesn’t travel well.

I’ll be shocked if we even get 1,000, out of the more than around 53,000 tomorrow. Probably just a few hundred.

Do you have a reason to think otherwise?

Yeah, seriously. Syracuse fans? I remember going to the Syracuse-Florida Orange Bowl game in 1998? When they had McNabb and Konrad. SU had like 10,000 fans, maybe. That was they year they beat us 66-13. It was the freaking OB game, and they only had like 10K. I'd be shocked if they had 500 fans.

I know.

Where do people come up with this stuff?

I saw like 10 GT fans at the game last week. But I’d guess there were maybe a hundred. I honestly didn’t see that many.

Honestly, there may just be a couple of dozen SU fans, now that I think it through.

Yeah, there were like a couple hundred GT fans, mostly parents of the players

giphy.gif

Advertisement
These aren't excuses. There are 6 million people from Key West to Martin County. I'm sick of this, "there's other stuff to do" crap.

How many Miami alums? I would say a good majority of our fans never attended the school, so we depend on people who have no real ties to the school to come out and support. Not to mention there's a crap load of people down here who went to UF and fsu.

Dammit, now you're going to make me look it up again. I did this a couple of weeks ago. It's a bigger number than you think.

Edit: 50,000 alumni in Dade County alone. FSU and UF are WAY, WAY lower in Dade.

Ok so 50,000 how many of those actually care about football? WE can't assume every single one cares about football can we? Let's say half, and out of those 25k how many are doctors that are on call, or lawyers working on a case. Let's say 15k are free, stadium fits 65k so now you're depending on 50k to fill a stadium that are possibly not alumni catch my drift? In Tallahassee and Gainesville there's nothing but college football, those are college towns south Florida has every single major sport.

How many FSU alum live in Leon County? There are 38K in Leon County (where Tallahassee is located). There are 29K UF alumni in Gainesville (Alachua County). Fans come from other places first of all, and secondly, all schools draw fans that are not merely alumni.

Yea but like I said in those towns college football = life, sadly that's not the case down here.

How many Miami alums? I would say a good majority of our fans never attended the school, so we depend on people who have no real ties to the school to come out and support. Not to mention there's a crap load of people down here who went to UF and fsu.

Dammit, now you're going to make me look it up again. I did this a couple of weeks ago. It's a bigger number than you think.

Edit: 50,000 alumni in Dade County alone. FSU and UF are WAY, WAY lower in Dade.

Ok so 50,000 how many of those actually care about football? WE can't assume every single one cares about football can we? Let's say half, and out of those 25k how many are doctors that are on call, or lawyers working on a case. Let's say 15k are free, stadium fits 65k so now you're depending on 50k to fill a stadium that are possibly not alumni catch my drift? In Tallahassee and Gainesville there's nothing but college football, those are college towns south Florida has every single major sport.

How many FSU alum live in Leon County? There are 38K in Leon County (where Tallahassee is located). There are 29K UF alumni in Gainesville (Alachua County). Fans come from other places first of all, and secondly, all schools draw fans that are not merely alumni.

Yea but like I said in those towns college football = life, sadly that's not the case down here.

Yes, and Tallahassee has a metro area of 300K and Gainesville less. Miami has a metro area of 6 million, so it's no comparison. We should easily be able to find 65K people out of 6 million, especially when we have so many coming in from outside of the metro area for games.

Advertisement
Funny that the #1 posting ***** in this site never has anything to say when it comes to going to a game. I guess he is a "living legend" only when it comes to pounding his fingers on a keyboard.
[MENTION=13452]dannyboycane[/MENTION]

Advertisement
Will this game get here already. Being undefeated carries a lot of stress. If we don't win I'm at least going to jump off my second story balcony. Should only break a leg. Canes fans we need your help !

Last edited:
Attendance was 56,000. GT was 55,000. It looked like more than GT once people arrived and got in their seats, so I think we're actually going with butts in seats and not tickets sold like we did under Golden when we'd announce 55K and they would be 30K there. Either way, another good showing. Win next week and it'll be sold out and rocking for VPI.

Advertisement
Attendance was 56,000. GT was 55,000. It looked like more than GT once people arrived and got in their seats, so I think we're actually going with butts in seats and not tickets sold like we did under Golden when we'd announce 55K and they would be 30K there. Either way, another good showing. Win next week and it'll be sold out and rocking for VPI.

I think counting tickets sold is standard procedure, but that more people with tickets are actually showing up. Winning and excitement around the program will do that -- people with season tickets actually come to the mid-level games

Advertisement
Back