Clyde Pinder Jr.

Height is not nearly as important for DTs. It actually helps with pad level and getting underneath Interior Olinemen Honestly if they are shorter, more twitchy, and have long arms, that would be ideal.

2020 DT Jalen Carter would like a word, the 6'4" 300lbs DT/SDE/TE offers un parallel flexibility. An this is what Manny wants in his dline; big long athletic types that get into the backfield quickly while playing the run on the way or stop an have the length to knock down a pass.

Advertisement
Now don't get me wrong I think 2020 Clyde Pinder Jr is a rising talent Miami should continue to recruit as a strong plan B+ option. Because you can sure as **** believe brinks trucks type bags will be dropped on Timothy Smith and Jalen Carter.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Nesta also isnt out running routes. He's a DT thats solid size for him. Hodges is short for his position but im good on his talent level...just needs to reshape the body a bit and he can be Brevin Jordan lite.

Child please...Nesta is undersized for his position..spin it however.

He & Brevin are the same height & he doesn’t need to reshape his body at all..he needs to maintain what he’s already doing.

& You have no choice but to be good on his talent level. Don’t mistake yourself for an actual UM coach or decision maker with a statement like that. Sheesh

I can’t wait for his career to unfold...you’re going to be sick of me

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not everyone is Aaron Donald just because they 6’1.

Bingo. People love pointing to the outliers (donald, sapp, brees, wilson, et al), but there's a reason they are outliers.

Nesta is talented and I think he can be a fine starter at 6-1 (or whatever height he is), but I'm not seeing the disruptor/dominator just yet. He needs a moose next to him. That said, we're talking CFB impact guy, not a "how does he translate to the pros" guy.

FWIW, average DT height at last year's NFL combines was around 6025.

Bingo. People love pointing to the outliers (donald, sapp, brees, wilson, et al), but there's a reason they are outliers.

Nesta is talented and I think he can be a fine starter at 6-1 (or whatever height he is), but I'm not seeing the disruptor/dominator just yet. He needs a moose next to him. That said, we're talking CFB impact guy, not a "how does he translate to the pros" guy.

FWIW, average DT height at last year's NFL combines was around 6025.
In regards to “not seeing the disruptpr/dominator just yet” of course you havent, he barely played last year because he was behind a beast in Gerald Willis. Probably should wait until after this year to have that type of thinking imo. What’s a fact was that nesta dominated every competition he faced his senior year at the opening, during football season and at the army all American game. I think He was rated the #2 dt in the country but in all actually he should have been #1. I personally think He’s going to ball this year but we will see either way

Advertisement
Guess we will see by this spring the importance UM staff places on height or at least where the cutoff point is for DT

Pinder
Bryant
Neal

All can play, REALLY PLAY...High 3* at worst, for lack of better ter. All are going to have options...But all are about 5'11 correct? All no UM offer so far. If we pass on all, then obv height does mean something to Diaz, Baker, and Simpson

Last edited:
Advertisement
Height at dt isn't a problem it just isn't something people are used to like a 5"10 wr as a boundary receiver or a 5'10-6'1 qb until they ball. Leverage, power, handwork, constant motor al matter but height? Worry about that at the combine

247 lists Pinder's height at 6'1 and weight at 291, citing the measurement as verified from a national combine in San Antonio on 1/4/2019. Any reason to think that's not accurate?

Advertisement
Being shorter DTs, they have a leverage advantage against the tall, rangy OL we have come to love. Power and quickness will prevail as soon as the O-lineman stands up or feet get wrong. Sapp, Tez, Russell and Jerome were all fire hydrants (around 6'1 or 6'2 and 300lbs each). That being said, bring this bull in.

Last edited:
2 older Canes, Ruben Davis and Jim Burt, were both around 6'0" - 6'1" and they both played a lot of years in the NFL on the inside.

Damione Lewis was 6'2" and he was the top DT in the country when we got him out of TX - a great place to go and get DTs.

Sapp and Russell Maryland were 6’1 at best.

The best DT in the nfl is 6’0.

If you can play, you can play.

Child please...Nesta is undersized for his position..spin it however.

He & Brevin are the same height & he doesn’t need to reshape his body at all..he needs to maintain what he’s already doing.

& You have no choice but to be good on his talent level. Don’t mistake yourself for an actual UM coach or decision maker with a statement like that. Sheesh

I can’t wait for his career to unfold...you’re going to be sick of me

Lol Jon Richt was a um coach and a decision maker...settle yourself down.

What does Nesta being short have to do with Hodges being short for his position?. Don't see the comparison at all. Like at all its two different positions. Like you really out here looking bad...and I cant wait either. I wont be sick of flaming you still.

Mr Hodges you don't have to be in your feelings this bad. I think he is a nice player man lol

Advertisement
Back