Clyde Pinder Jr.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wonder what he thought about Jr. Day? Not any big offers that I see, but you can definitely see an upside with this kid.

There's a legendary Pinder from South Florida--Cyril Pinder from Hollywood Crispus Attucks HS in '64.

Many thought he would be UM's first Black player, but the story was that Attucks, a poor segregated HS, only had the money to film one game. It was a game in which Pinder was stopped for like 37 yards total rushing. UM reportedly only saw film for that one game and didn't offer. Pinder ended up going to Illinois where he got caught up in something known as the slush fund scandal.

Don't remember what kind of career he had. I guess UM wasn't ready to take the plunge in the mid-60's. Before that the speculation was on Curley QB Carroll Williams. He went to a small school, Xavier.

I guess Cyril Pinder might be Bahamian.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Pinder

There's a legendary Pinder from South Florida--Cyril Pinder from Hollywood Crispus Attucks HS in '64.

Many thought he would be UM's first Black player, but the story was that Attucks, a poor segregated HS, only had the money to film one game. It was a game in which Pinder was stopped for like 37 yards total rushing. UM reportedly only saw film for that one game and didn't offer. Pinder ended up going to Illinois where he got caught up in something known as the slush fund scandal.

Don't remember what kind of career he had. I guess UM wasn't ready to take the plunge in the mid-60's. Before that the speculation was on Curley QB Carroll Williams. He went to a small school, Xavier.

I guess Cyril Pinder might be Bahamian.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Pinder
Cyril Pinder is the most Bahamian name this side of Osborne Lockhart....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid looks to be the goods..isnt 6'2 but he can move. He looks very similar to Nesta.

Wesley Neal out of Gulliver is another one similar.

One thing i know is that there is some dt's in the pike from what i saw at Paradise camp..the best talent at that camp were underclassmen

Preach

Go Canes

Last edited:
Armwood?

0% chance

9021747.jpg

Go Canes

Westley and Clyde aren’t getting offers right now unless Clyde got bigger. Ivins already said that doesn’t think Westley grew.

Advertisement
He might not have a spot. We have 2 D tackles committed. Samuel Anaele can grow into one as well making it 3. We just took 3 this class (excluding the transfer) and we are only graduating 2 (bethel and the transfer). Not sure if we take one more unless they are elite.

He might not have a spot. We have 2 D tackles committed. Samuel Anaele can grow into one as well making it 3. We just took 3 this class (excluding the transfer) and we are only graduating 2 (bethel and the transfer). Not sure if we take one more unless they are elite.

I’m not sure they’re quite married to Anaele...It’s very early and Tunsil kids seem to be up against it qualifying

Advertisement
He's at Carol City according to 247

Ya i know but i don’t think its updated.

He wasn’t eligible for at least part of the year after the transfer to carol city. Not sure if he came back, maybe locals know? Also it recently was reported elsewhere on here that he was at a tech school.

hes at mcdougal what seems to be some kind of new prep post grad thing i think.

He was the reason carol city had to vacate games
Hmmmm...Now we know why End offers were going out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back