Clint Hurtt as DC??

Advertisement
Schumann is 31 years old and has only been a coach on staff for 4 years and is already a co-DC. It’s very easy to see where his trajectory is headed.

Hurtt is 43 years old and has been coaching for 15 years and has never even been a co-DC.
Lol trajectory is great for a guy who doesn’t call plays and on a team loaded with defensive minded coaches and ELITE talent because he’s 12 years younger lol?

Advertisement
Advertisement
1641749995709.jpeg

I give Mario the benefit of the doubt until the team steps on the field next season. Once they start playing games, we will know what kind of coaches we have. When Clint Hurt was at UM, he was our best recruiter, and that includes having a great eye for talent. I am sure that he has grown as a coach in the years since he left. Regardless of what some would say, NFL coaches are generally much much better coaches than college coaches. For that reason, Hurt probably isn’t coming just like Schumann will not get any NFL offers.

Aside from Xs and Os, IMHO, the Canes need defensive coaches who can teach the players the basics of tackling, gap responsibility, discipline, etc. if our Canes team mastered these basics, many of our games last season wouldn’t have been as close as they were. Moreover, recruitment and deployment of defensive personnel was also a monumental failure under CMD

Advertisement
Advertisement
We havent announced our OC and DC yet...that means they are either in the NFL or from Georgia/Alabama.

Wouldn't doubt if Hurtt is the guy for DC.

He could always recruit. Its his trump card and he's very good at it.
As a coach...I guess lets just play along.

Bears from 2014 to 2016, starting as a deep assistant but quickly moving up. Bears signed Pernell McPhee in 2015 and he had the best season of his otherwise pretty average career. In 2016, they drafted Leonard Floyd and as a rookie was 3rd in sacks and it was his second best season as a pro to date. Also, some jabrone named Willie Young had 24 sacks in the 3 years he was there as a EDGE coach. Gets to Seattle, Frank Clark had the best season of his career. Resurrected (kind of) Dion Jordan. Got the best out of him despite not being much. Getting 10 sack season from Jarran Reed. Darrell Taylor, the guy they just drafted, 4th in sacks by a rookie. Since being at Miami, I'd give him a checkmark when it comes to coaching and developing, and ancillary...but you hear nothing but good things about him from his peers and starting to become a thing.

Now...for calling a defense...idk. Your guess is as good as mine. I bet a team in the NFL would give him a shot at DC at some point sooner rather than later so idk if this kind of signing is below us. ymmv if you like it, but its not like we're slumming.

Advertisement
Back