Clint Hurtt as DC??

Advertisement
I thought this was a really good point because the new DC will almost assuredly also coach the LB and I didn’t believe Hurtt had ever done that.

Sadly, he did with the Bears for two years.

Hold onto your butts, fellas and lassies.
Holy crap I didn’t realize that he coached LB’s.... FK.... I am w you NYSOM I don’t like this idea

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Advertisement
Wait a sec. To play devil's advocate, why is Hurtt a bad choice but Schulman who is co-DC but what I understand is, he hasn't called plays either, ok?
Schumann has been credited with being a big part of the construction of UGA's current defense. Throw in being a current big time recruiter and LB coach, a place that we've been weak and it seems like an optimal fit. Hurtt you'd be leaning on "he's been in the NFL" and what he did recruiting 8 years ago. Is Hurtt known as a good defensive mind? I have no idea.

"My point Jimmies and Joes….Almost every skill position offensive player for NC made Big Plays in the NFL this year and there QB will be a 1st rounder"

Dude, we got gashed on the ground by an offensive line whose players wont get drafted.

Wait a sec. To play devil's advocate, why is Hurtt a bad choice but Schulman who is co-DC but what I understand is, he hasn't called plays either, ok?
Because at least Schumann has been a part of an elite defense (recently) and has had the CO DC title. So even if he didn’t call plays all game, every game I bet he has called more plays than Hurtt. I’m assuming it was some portions of games where he Lanning and Smart probably allowed him to call plays (blow outs, lower opponents) Also, Schumann is known as an elite upcoming defensive mind in CFB.

Advertisement

Schumann is 31 years old and has only been a coach on staff for 4 years and is already a co-DC. It’s very easy to see where his trajectory is headed.

Hurtt is 43 years old and has been coaching for 15 years and has never even been a co-DC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The man can recruit…Jimmies and Joes beat X’s and O’s. Look at manny’s defense when he had 1st round De’s vs when he didn’t.

I feel like our fans and progrum should know better than anyone it isn't just about recruiting. We've spent decades out-recruiting almost 90% of our conference and still have sucked.

You need some **** football coaches, too.

I’m fine with whoever Mario hires and will not be whining like a little girl about it.

Why?

It’s Mario’s ***, his future, his reputation, and his ultimate legacy.

You can’t hire someone like this, make this type of commitment, and then say I’m out like a little **** before we’ve even had his first spring practice.

Advertisement
Back