Clint Hurtt as DC??

Advertisement
Anyone worried this will send up flags at the NCAA? Hurtt is a good coach and great recruiter, but could not help himself from crossing lines that we can’t cross at Miami because of those twats at the NCAA.

Other than lack of play-calling (which yes is a factor that shouldn’t be understated), what are the other reasons for this being a catastrophe?

We have a Bama-like assistant coaching pool and we hire CLINT HURTT to be the DC when there are dozens of more qualified candidates out there?!

I mean, that’s just awful.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hasn’t he ‘been in the mix’ for weeks? This is news how?
I think the timing is what concerns me the most. The fact that Fowler - who is a very reputable reporter within NFL circles - is tweeting this the day of the last regular season game, regarding an organization that very well might clean house...it's a bit concerning. Still, it's just a rumor, nothing more until someone on here validates that.

We have a Bama-like assistant coaching pool and we hire CLINT HURTT to be the DC when there are dozens of more qualified candidates out there?!

I mean, that’s just awful.
So we’re mentally anchored on Belk, Schumann, and Mason… anyone else?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I still believe that the new DC will have DB or LB coaching background. We already have a DLine coach

I thought this was a really good point because the new DC will almost assuredly also coach the LB and I didn’t believe Hurtt had ever done that.

Sadly, he did with the Bears for two years.

Hold onto your butts, fellas and lassies.

9D2599FC-B27D-40BE-8EB1-A807A6DC77C0.gif

Advertisement
Back