Clemson

Came here to write that. Manny Diaz should recruit players who watch that game on their own. That's probably how I'd say that. We shouldn't be squaded up with guys who watch less film than some of us dopes on here. If they do, that's really on the people who brought them here - coaches and admin.

Yes sir. I like that. We are at “Going through the motions“ for the second OC/QB coach in a row....

Advertisement
Y’all remember Hankerson with 3 TDs killing Clemson in Death Valley in 2010? Dabo was on the hot seat. 9 years later and they are killin teams.

I would of never thought in a million years that Clemson would be this absolute juggernaut

Y’all remember Hankerson with 3 TDs killing Clemson in Death Valley in 2010? Dabo was on the hot seat. 9 years later and they are killin teams.

I would of never thought in a million years that Clemson would be this absolute juggernaut
Dabo made CEO moves to hire Venables and reengineer the offense, starting with Chad Morris as OC. Bag game helps, too.

Advertisement
All of that seems reasonable, but if you're coaching Xs and Os, how do you account for LSU's offensive mismatches? On another thread, we've already said they're likely going to need to play a lot of zone. God forbid Chase or Jefferson play one on one in the middle of the filed vs #24. So, in zone, they're going to have to be more disciplined than they were in today's 1st half against the zone read and in cutback lanes. Or, LSU's little bowling ball RB is going to slice them up for 6-7 ypc. It'll be a really interesting chess match. I'm not sure how Clemson hides some of those defenders consistently enough.

The only offense somewhat like LSU is Bama. Both teams tear everyone a new ******* in that conference. They aren't anymore of a mismatch problem than OSU in my opinion. Both OSU and Clemson are far better than any team LSU faced. Both would have run a train on the SEC like LSU did.
We'll see what happens. Clemson will play them straight up and LSU will have to prove they can move the chains.

I had them in this game and tried to talk myself out of it all week. Then they go down 16 and Im mad at myself... then here comes the champs.

"Favoritism"

You gotta know how to use them white dudes.

Remember when everybody said Berrios was a bust because we kept putting him outside?

The only offense somewhat like LSU is Bama. Both teams tear everyone a new ******* in that conference. They aren't anymore of a mismatch problem than OSU in my opinion. Both OSU and Clemson are far better than any team LSU faced. Both would have run a train on the SEC like LSU did.
We'll see what happens. Clemson will play them straight up and LSU will have to prove they can move the chains.
We don't agree there - especially if the second bolded part is true and Clemson plays LSU "straight up." Clemson has more than one liability in their back 7. Jefferson/Chase/Marshall with Burrow throwing is going to be really tough for them to defend. If Clemson takes the necessary steps to double and protect themselves, then LSU's Edwards-Helaire gets more room to run. Clemson's coaching staff will have them prepared, no doubt. We shall see what Clemson can match on offense, where I think they have their own mismatches and a superstar QB.

We’ll see what happens, but imo lawrence is the best qb to come along since manning. People don’t appreciate this kid. Shoulda been heisman this year. Never lost as a starter. True soph. Still maturing. Has the size, arm, speed, strength, toughness, field vision and instincts. Future NFL hall of famer here.

LSU has better overall talent, but folks don’t appreciate Clemson.

If Lawrence could come out this year he would tge first pick of the draft.

Advertisement
I'm just glad to see OSU lose, especially to an ACC team. Since that Fiesta Bowl, OSU is the team I enjoy seeing lose regardless the opponent.

All of that seems reasonable, but if you're coaching Xs and Os, how do you account for LSU's offensive mismatches? On another thread, we've already said they're likely going to need to play a lot of zone. God forbid Chase or Jefferson play one on one in the middle of the filed vs #24. So, in zone, they're going to have to be more disciplined than they were in today's 1st half against the zone read and in cutback lanes. Or, LSU's little bowling ball RB is going to slice them up for 6-7 ypc. It'll be a really interesting chess match. I'm not sure how Clemson hides some of those defenders consistently enough.

clemson moved to more of a 3 man front this year, so I think by design that allows them to play 8 in coverage more if they want. Venables will play zone if he has to. Clemson has the “white boys” in the secondary I know you’re speaking of, but they also have AJ Terrell and Isaiah Simmons as well as Kendrick who is getting better and better but first year playing CB. It’s the safeties your concerned with, its valid but they make plays too.

After dealing with Dobbins they will be excited to see Claire whatever his name is. Dobbins and interior of that OSU OL is better than Claire and LSU’s interior OL.

regardless this game will be about points.

Clemson will be much happier to see that LSU ‘s DL front than Ohio States, and while LSU’s secondary is strong it isn’t as good as Ohio States either.

Advertisement
No offense to burroughs he may win and its a team game, but people don’t appreciate what they are seeing in lawrence. Kid is tom brady jr. jordan at north carolina. This kid is a legend, he is. I believe that. he may lose to lsu. He will win super bowls.

Bruh..you're going off the deep end. I know you're from the ATL and obviously have a strong bias towards GA players, but what you're saying is borderline blasphemy! Also he's not even close to being the best QB prospect since Manning. Not even remotely close. People only feel that way because of recency bias. Period. But regardless..I want you to keep this same energy after next wk too because I promise you I am going to bump every single T.L thread that is on the this hoe *** forum. Believe that

Last edited:
They were lucky to win this game. They'll have to play much better, think their offense will against LSU. That OSU receiver is going to kill himself for stopping a surefire TD at the end.

Venebles will sit on Borrows until the LSU OL proves they can block Clemson straight up. I'm taking Clemson.

OSU was one miscommunication away from winning that game...

Clemson & OSU were completely evenly matched teams...

Could have gone either way.

For Clemson they look less athletic in defense than in years past. Their LBs are slow. They execute their game plan well with their disguised blitzes etc but Ohio definitely showed some chinks in the armor.

Their safeties make plays but haven’t looked good at tackling in the open field several points throughout the season.

Was torn in watching their game I’ll never shed a tear for OSU and love when they lose. But also getting sick of Clemson.

Advertisement

Yep. I was there. And I agree with you.

Bro..you're going off the deep end. I know you're from the ATL and obviously have a strong bias towards GA players, but what you're saying is borderline blasphemy! Also he's not even close to being the best QB prospect since Manning. Not even remotely close. People only feel that way because of recency bias. Period. But regardless..I want you to keep this same energy after next wk too because I promise you I am going to bump every single T.L thread that is on the this hoe *** forum. Believe that

You’re right, Trevor Lawerence and Justin fields rarely make wow plays and wow throws.

Yes they make good throws. Yes they are consistent but there is a difference. When you watch Burreaux he’s making crazy accurate throws. Into insane windows with coverage. He’s making guys miss in the pocket and throwing pin point bombs.

Pedigree will dictate the team with the #1 pick will have to take TL. But what exactly are you getting?

Arm strenght is above average not elite
Athletism is above average
Size at 220 and 6’6 he’s actually small comparable to most big QBs
Accuracy is above average
College system: Clemson’s system is a basic as you can possibly get. So he will probably need time to develop processing an NFL offense.

honestly when I watch TL this year I don’t see how he’s actually developed. He identical to last year. And there is hasn’t been a jump in his production either.

Last edited:
They have a championship mindset! I talked to tyler davis dad, he mentioned that was the biggest reason he went there...all this nonsense about bags, kids want to go to the league and will go to programs that will get them their. That leadership starts at the top of the program. Also, I worked for one of their biggest boosters, he has that championship mindset and they expect that from their team! We have folks at the top that want to make sure we are an equal opportunity program!!! Everyone wins. #tnm

Advertisement
Back