Clemson

Justin Fields had time to make all his read twice last night. Clemson DLine will need to step it up or Borrows is going to shred them.

Advertisement
You wouldn't say that if you had to live up here with their fans.

FIFY
At this point I DONT CARE. Other than Ohio State and the Gators who my hate 4 will always be firmly intact. I’m not gonna get mad at other schools or their obnoxious fans for having a team and admin that gives a ****.

I’d take Ohio State over LSU on a neutral field.

I walked away from that game last night thinking Ohio State was the better team, but didn’t play as poised as Clemson.

it was like Clemson had been there before, never panicked or wavered. Trevor was very good too.

Ohio state had over 100 yards more total offense, but 2 turnovers, penalties, and bang bang calls all went against them.
Yeah and........OSU can :diaf:

Advertisement
Manny Diaz and his coaches should watch that game.

Then they should go out & find us a QB who can be consistent and read the defense. Then tighten up and if any grumbles from the players, regardless who they are, bench them. Install some discipline, and accountability. And, recruit players with some intelligence.

Clemson has the athletes to actually play defense and an offense that can put pressure on LSU

Trevor Lawrence the last two months since the UL game has been the best QB in the country

Then they should go out & find us a QB who can be consistent and read the defense. Then tighten up and if any grumbles from the players, regardless who they are, bench them. Install some discipline, and accountability. And, recruit players with some intelligence.

Agree, but if he doesn’t start with holding his coaches accountable then it won’t make a difference with the players. If he really feels Stub and Barry didn’t perform he should fire them immediately and not wait for OC to do it for him. Also needs to can a couple of his buddies on D.

After ready some of the reports and player comments from their bowl prep, Manny should’ve started the scout team on offense.

Advertisement
He’s a great coach, but I’m starting to dislike Dabo a bit more with his continuing “all the glory to G-d” shtick. Maybe he’s playing up to the parents of recruits and/or maybe that’s sincerely his belief.

To borrow a phrase that many on here have used “it wouldn’t surprise me” if he got caught having an affair, *** with a co-ed, or some other act of moral turpitude

OSU is so friggin good this year.
Absolutely loaded on both sides.

1st round talent at QB.
1st round talent at RB.
Super talented WR core.
Great interior OL.
Best DL In Young in America a top 5 pick.
Best CB in America another possible top 5 pick.

Ohio State vs LSU would have been much more interesting from a physical standpoint. They have the athletes and aggression on all three levels of defense to give LSU trouble. Burrow would have been under duress for the only time all season. It would have been a far greater gauge of how he translates to the NFL.

Clemson has pride and confidence and Lawrence. They have a ton of players. They also have youth on defense and some less than remarkable athletes on defense. Other than forcing turnovers I don't see how they hold up. It's going to be a case of whether Trevor Lawrence can simply overcome and outscore.

However I am somewhat amazed at the praise lavished toward Lawrence in this thread. His game right now does not perfectly translate to the NFL. He lacks Burrow's touch and feel for the game. He started taking off and running more frequently this season because the straight drop back stuff was not working. He had interceptions galore and rightfully more. In the NFL he'll have to get rid of this designed run obsession. Such a huge target. He'll get broken.

Chase Young was not impressive last night. He looked like a guy who will vertical jump only 30-32 inches. Heavy legged. Monotone delivery. In fact, the one play they moved him inside late third quarter was the most interesting play of the night. The outside linebacker #5 Browning lined up in Young's spot at left end. And he flashed around the corner and wrecked the quarterback in a flash. Chase Young never managed anything like that all night. It was obvious what happened. The Clemson right tackle #73 Anchrum had been lulled to sleep all game by Young's monotone rush and moderate speed. He assumed it would be the same with Browning. Instead it was simply a more sudden athlete with far greater burst around the edge. Anchrum could not adjust at all.

I'll be interested to see how Chase Young tests at the combine, if he does those tests at all. The mediocre test results wouldn't hurt his draft status but they would tip that his pro career will probably be less than advertised.

Normally when a defensive player is hyped to this extent it is someone truly special like Lawrence Taylor or Hugh Green. Chase Young is a clever player but he doesn't own physical gifts anything close to those two.

Advertisement
Ohio State vs LSU would have been much more interesting from a physical standpoint. They have the athletes and aggression on all three levels of defense to give LSU trouble. Burrow would have been under duress for the only time all season. It would have been a far greater gauge of how he translates to the NFL.

Clemson has pride and confidence and Lawrence. They have a ton of players. They also have youth on defense and some less than remarkable athletes on defense. Other than forcing turnovers I don't see how they hold up. It's going to be a case of whether Trevor Lawrence can simply overcome and outscore.

However I am somewhat amazed at the praise lavished toward Lawrence in this thread. His game right now does not perfectly translate to the NFL. He lacks Burrow's touch and feel for the game. He started taking off and running more frequently this season because the straight drop back stuff was not working. He had interceptions galore and rightfully more. In the NFL he'll have to get rid of this designed run obsession. Such a huge target. He'll get broken.

Chase Young was not impressive last night. He looked like a guy who will vertical jump only 30-32 inches. Heavy legged. Monotone delivery. In fact, the one play they moved him inside late third quarter was the most interesting play of the night. The outside linebacker #5 Browning lined up in Young's spot at left end. And he flashed around the corner and wrecked the quarterback in a flash. Chase Young never managed anything like that all night. It was obvious what happened. The Clemson right tackle #73 Anchrum had been lulled to sleep all game by Young's monotone rush and moderate speed. He assumed it would be the same with Browning. Instead it was simply a more sudden athlete with far greater burst around the edge. Anchrum could not adjust at all.

I'll be interested to see how Chase Young tests at the combine, if he does those tests at all. The mediocre test results wouldn't hurt his draft status but they would tip that his pro career will probably be less than advertised.

Normally when a defensive player is hyped to this extent it is someone truly special like Lawrence Taylor or Hugh Green. Chase Young is a clever player but he doesn't own physical gifts anything close to those two.
Not so fast my friend. Do not underestimate Clemson.

Who the fvck CARES how Lawrence's game works in the NFL? Last I heard this is college football and in college football he is an absolute monster. I would trade our entire scholarship roster for Lawrence and fill in with walk-ons and we would be a better team than what we have now.

Advertisement
Disagree on the calls. But let's say you're right. It should never have come to that. The fvckers from Blohio should have hung up 30 in the first half alone but couldn't get the job done. OSU has no one to blame for this loss but themselves.
I dont disagree that they still had chances, but the Wade call was huge.

I hate OSU as much as anyone, but I hate bad officiating more and I gotta be consistent. I can't pick and choose when to complain or turn a blind eye to bad calls simply bc it's against a team I loathe. I call it how I see it.

Three of Clemson's olineman were in a circle crying due to exhaustion/effort immediately after the win.

I really admired seeing that level of passion. I don't see it today watching the Packers, and I sure as **** didn't see it any time this year with the Canes.

Advertisement
Back