Clemson

Burrows season is historically top 3 ever if he wins the championship. Already beat 6 teams that were ranked top10 @ kickoff. Throwing for 80% with 59 total td's and 5000+ passing yards is godlike. I can't name two CFB players ever who mixed that kind of production with the ridiculous schedule.
Okay. SEC teams are overrated, generally. He had a good year. Lawrence is a better player and prospect, imo. Time will tell.

Advertisement
Got to be impressed with Clemson's heart they really looked beat at 16-0. Higgins may have still had a headache when he came back and him coming back made a big difference cause OSU was locking the other guys up. Speaking of what happened to big Frank Ladon? The play that seperated the boys from the men was the one in which the punter came running up to the line of scrimmage and started barking loud signals kind of cheating with the head nods. But not one Clemson lineman jumped. If it had been the Canes they would still be jumping off side right now. That showed real discipline. Lots of teams would have lost the game right there. But Clemson showed nerves of steel and heart. Though Venables got outmanuevered at the beginning of the game and on that last drive. The blitz was not working at all and OSU very smartly drove simply going underneath with the running back like nearly 3 times in a row putting them in position to score.

Advertisement
The kid has never lost, is the prototype, is defending NC, and you ask that question?
QBs don't win games by themselves. When you compare their stats, Joe destroys Lawrence. Itsnotveven close. His accuracy and decision making is on another level. He has played tougher competition and has carved them ALL up. If he had the same weak SOS that Lawrence had, his numbers would be god-like. Don't get me wrong...Lawrence is exceptional, but he has had sub-par games this year. When was the last time Joe had a poor game?

Advertisement
Clemson is like a pro team with their in-game coaching adjustments and mental toughness of the players. It's like they're playing a different sport than Miami.

It’s like they are on adderal and focused 100%

QBs don't win games by themselves. When you compare their stats, Joe destroys Lawrence. Itsnotveven close. His accuracy and decision making is on another level. He has played tougher competition and has carved them ALL up. If he had the same weak SOS that Lawrence had, his numbers would be god-like. Don't get me wrong...Lawrence is exceptional, but he has had sub-par games this year. When was the last time Joe had a poor game?
I guess we will see soon. OSU‘s D is better than anyone LSU faced this year.

And Lawrence is that good, imo.

OSU is so friggin good this year.
Absolutely loaded on both sides.

1st round talent at QB.
1st round talent at RB.
Super talented WR core.
Great interior OL.
Best DL In Young in America a top 5 pick.
Best CB in America another possible top 5 pick.

Ryan Day is a great playcaller.

Beat everyone they played by 13 or more points.

People in Big 10 circles were saying this was the best team in past 25 years out of that conference.

with all that Clemson still beat them.
Now LSU is going to get in that a**?

I’d take OSU on a neutral field vs. LSU.

LSU is good, and they could be a team of destiny playing in their home state with that fan support for a NC. They may find a way, but it’s hard for me to take anyone over Clemson,

Advertisement
A5D82D93-F3FF-4FCD-9D7B-CF843B49EFAC.gif
What it feels like to be a Hurricanes fan since 2005 with no end in sight as we all yell for us to return where we belong amongst the elite, but those with power don’t listen or care like we do

Advertisement
The players should be watching on their own too.... Every receiver on the rooster should watch those 4 teams and how those receivers create.
Came here to write that. Manny Diaz should recruit players who watch that game on their own. That's probably how I'd say that. We shouldn't be squaded up with guys who watch less film than some of us dopes on here. If they do, that's really on the people who brought them here - coaches and admin.

OSU is so friggin good this year.
Absolutely loaded on both sides.

1st round talent at QB.
1st round talent at RB.
Super talented WR core.
Great interior OL.
Best DL In Young in America a top 5 pick.
Best CB in America another possible top 5 pick.

Ryan Day is a great playcaller.

Beat everyone they played by 13 or more points.

People in Big 10 circles were saying this was the best team in past 25 years out of that conference.

with all that Clemson still beat them.
Now LSU is going to get in that a**?

I’d take OSU on a neutral field vs. LSU.

LSU is good, and they could be a team of destiny playing in their home state with that fan support for a NC. They may find a way, but it’s hard for me to take anyone over Clemson,
All of that seems reasonable, but if you're coaching Xs and Os, how do you account for LSU's offensive mismatches? On another thread, we've already said they're likely going to need to play a lot of zone. God forbid Chase or Jefferson play one on one in the middle of the filed vs #24. So, in zone, they're going to have to be more disciplined than they were in today's 1st half against the zone read and in cutback lanes. Or, LSU's little bowling ball RB is going to slice them up for 6-7 ypc. It'll be a really interesting chess match. I'm not sure how Clemson hides some of those defenders consistently enough.

Advertisement
Back