Chris Steele wavering on official visit plans to UM

Also with this whole rumph bashing thing. How many of yall really believe recruiting is so difficult? How many different approaches do you really think can be had to the same kids over and over? The kid wants money. Kid wants a mentor. Kid has daddy issues. Nfl results,college results,fanbase,celeb following,etc... Point is how imaginitive do you feel ANY COACH truly is? Do you REALLY feel one coach is just so much better than ALL the others and thats why a kid commits there? Lmfao Please PLEASE open yall eyes and see lil more to all this than what a coach has to say...

This post is the equilivent of telling a young wrestling fan “ it’s fake”. I’ve been saying this for years.

I get there’s some coaches who have better personalities or charm but too much credit is given to alot ot of these “ great recruiters”.

Majority of the best recruiters have one thing in common . A couple examples are TRob and C Raymond.

Advertisement
any timetable on when Diaz plans to send out an offer to Ringo and any other 2020 kids? @Brooklyndee I've noticed we've sent out a bunch of 2020 offers recently but most of them to players on offense
He told us within a week or two. This is a no brainer and screws mike that he doesnt have the freedom to offer certain kids when he sees them. I understand wanting to do evals. But sometimes you gotta tighten up.

ITT, we have an insider suggesting either A) there is no such thing as elite recruiters and poor recruiters as if an ability to create a relationship and build trust isn't a skill, that it boils down to luck and/or B) the recruiter on our staff that is elite is actually just the one that is providing the additional incentives.

Awesome.
You took that from it than i guess were crossing messages. #1 All yall do is complain we dont get elite kids here.... 🤔
#2 the point was in large part coaches have very lil difference between the two in themselves. If you think relating to one kid or another is a acquired skill than i wouldve hated being a friend of yours growing up not to mention a girl friend or wife. Relating to people is a life skill not a skill you learn at a late point in life from dealing with various kids and their intricacies... i suppose i just wasnt clear enough.

Also with this whole rumph bashing thing. How many of yall really believe recruiting is so difficult? How many different approaches do you really think can be had to the same kids over and over? The kid wants money. Kid wants a mentor. Kid has daddy issues. Nfl results,college results,fanbase,celeb following,etc... Point is how imaginitive do you feel ANY COACH truly is? Do you REALLY feel one coach is just so much better than ALL the others and thats why a kid commits there? Lmfao Please PLEASE open yall eyes and see lil more to all this than what a coach has to say...
Preach!

Advertisement
Q6hPmz.gif

Seems like he didn't receive our arbitration schedule & agenda for his bag meeting...oh well

Hes whiffed in multiple classes this isn’t just one class where the kids happen to be difficult, when you got guys like Trob and raymond who get kids no matter where they are or what their record is, its not like rumph is behind anything, we had a good year with a lot of press, we had a ton of turnovers, we have the depth chart, thats a lot to sell to a kid why cant he get recuits to come here?

Great but Dugans, Hartley, and Brown don't need the excuses people are making for Rumph. FWIW I think Rumph is a good Xs and Os coach, and he seems to be a decent guy (He's a 'Cane!). However, there's a good body of evidence that he's not a strong salesman.

Or maybe WRs, TEs, and RBs aren't as tempted by the bags as DBs are?

Advertisement
Well ill give you all more to blame mike for since its the trend here. Next years #1 keele ringo. Kid loves the u. Mike has been to see him twice when hes went to see elijah. Theyre 30 miles apart. Mike has been begging us to give the kid an offer. Manny on the other hand said hes not giving out offers to anyone until he does personal evals. Told him were not giving out offers for 20 just yet. Well last two weeks weve gave out a **** ton of 20 offers... guess how thats being recieved. Let me guess #1 its mikes fault. #2 who cares cause its not like were gonna get a kid from arizona (even though just like with chris hes not from there)... have fun with that.

Infuriating as all ****.

Hes whiffed in multiple classes this isn’t just one class where the kids happen to be difficult, when you got guys like Trob and raymond who get kids no matter where they are or what their record is, its not like rumph is behind anything, we had a good year with a lot of press, we had a ton of turnovers, we have the depth chart, thats a lot to sell to a kid why cant he get recuits to come here?
4star cb Gilbert frierson
4star cb dj ivey
4star cb al blades
4star cb Trajan bandy
4star cb jahvontae dean
2020 4star cb Henry gray
“Why Can’t he get recruits to come here” I laughed...

Last edited:
Great but Dugans, Hartley, and Brown don't need the excuses people are making for Rumph. FWIW I think Rumph is a good Xs and Os coach, and he seems to be a decent guy (He's a 'Cane!). However, there's a good body of evidence that he's not a strong salesman.

Or maybe WRs, TEs, and RBs aren't as tempted by the bags as DBs are?
You say that only because of 2 reasons #1 if you havent noticed we dont exactly go all social media crazy anymore after the kids we are really targeting. If we did would you say they were failures right & left? Just 2 years ago these same characters wouldnt stop getting on dugans cause of jerry jeudy etc... how bout mcfarland with brown? How bout trey whatever from img with hartley? This aint nothing new with yall on here. Every kid you all decide we must have because clearly we are all better talent evaluators than the staff,if we miss on them than staff is bums... its lame honestly. Either have faith in what your staff is doing and be fans or sign up at your local ymca or pal & start coaching up these jits. Im over it personally. Good night yall. Off to 11.

Advertisement
From my understanding the south Carolina fix is because theres a kid named kareem nixon apparently (from compton) who had todo the juco route but usce took very good care of this kid will say. Hes got people at bosco trying to persuade him. From what I'm told he'll still be coming. But you never know at this point i guess. Before this point he was very closed to outside interference with his recruitment. It was all about him and his family. Doesn't seem thats necessarily still the case. If it matters I'm told we're still looking good here...

Nah. He’s visiting South Carolina bc it’s home to arguably the best dB coach & the best recruiter of dbs in the country = TRob.

You say that only because of 2 reasons #1 if you havent noticed we dont exactly go all social media crazy anymore after the kids we are really targeting. If we did would you say they were failures right & left? Just 2 years ago these same characters wouldnt stop getting on dugans cause of jerry jeudy etc... how bout mcfarland with brown? How bout trey whatever from img with hartley? This aint nothing new with yall on here. Every kid you all decide we must have because clearly we are all better talent evaluators than the staff,if we miss on them than staff is bums... its lame honestly. Either have faith in what your staff is doing and be fans or sign up at your local ymca or pal & start coaching up these jits. Im over it personally. Good night yall. Off to 11.

These guys couldn’t coach at the ymca, too many 3 stars for their liking.

Who do you think helped rumph with gil? If you think it was any coach youd be 100% incorrect. Better yet if you think gil ever seriously wavered due to one school giving him second thoughts based on their program over ours youd be wrong again. Gil wavered over outside interference and dirty tactics. Gonna leave that right there. Yall really need to stop blaming rumph for everything. Its tiring and its only done by people who dont know any better.

Banda has zero affect on Gil..zero.

Kid wavered but Banda had nothing to do with securing him.

Advertisement
Who hasnt he got to come here?

Advertisement
Back